Diablo® III

If you were starting a new character...

100 Night Elf Hunter
Hardcore and found-only. My internet connection is slightly wonky so I haven't done the first thing yet.

I may well look at doing this sometime this month though. Probably start with a wizard. That's what I like to play.

Yep. My characters are already mostly found-only, but I would go HC all the way. Fortunately my IP has been stable enough (knock on wood while throughing salt over my shoulder) that DCs and lag have not been issues.
Reply Quote
02/28/2013 08:33 AMPosted by papadanko
and the Wizard is just a jerk.

nah man, he's the best, especially paired with the Scoundrel.

Nothing against the design technically speaking; just thought his personality was jerky and didn't want to play as one for the longest time because of that fact. =)
Reply Quote
View profile
Eh honestly I would have done everything the same save for racing to inferno to quickly.
Reply Quote
wait until the expansion came out and/or the game dropping to $20 rather then $60... if even that or wait for a couple of months while the final product is being finished since we all know blizzard always releases half finished products
Reply Quote
Instead of stating them all at the same time (in two waves) I'd start one character ever 5 lvls or so, and level the characters like that. And I've started with a witch doctor rather then a wizard.
Reply Quote
Well since patch 1.07 I changed my play style. Almost uped my 5 hc characters to level 60. So much fun ( thanks red gems;D ).
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
02/26/2013 06:11 AMPosted by Skovgaard
How about salvaging more low level items to craft at low levels? Anyone else have an opinion on this?

thats what i did when i started leveling alts, picking up blues and yellows, grinding whatever wasn't and upgrade then craft hoping i would get an upgrade.

and of course the big ruby gem for the headpiece.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Try to stay away from the AH as much as possible it's just to easy to find an upgrade which takes 85% of the game away( items hunt).
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 07:44 AMPosted by Lendiggity
I would personally start in Hardcore instead of Normal, focus on crafting right off the bat, and pick up everything instead of holding Left CTRL + Mouse Over to see if it’s worth picking up or not. Also, I would initially roll with a Barbarian who uses nothing but 2-handers.

wait wait wait, you can left ctrl and mouse over items on the ground and see their stats?

Lol.. E-x-a-c-t-l-y what I thought! Damn.. you learn something every day! :)
Reply Quote
Hey,

Being honest here:
I would not invest so much (just a dozen of millions) on resist gear right away.
I would invent the WW/EB wizard build
I would exploit the wizard tp/archon bug to farm A3 from the beginning and sell my profits
When the, bug had been fixed I would take a break to wait for improved leg with twice the drop rate / MP levels

M
Reply Quote
Reach 60 fast and do what im still doing right now, farm/exp runs.
I still lack a WD.
Reply Quote
i would get 4 copies of d3 and multibox. it's true that you have to gear/level 4 chars, but it's so sweet playing all 4 at once afterwards. (e.g. it'd be epic playing my wiz/monk/barb/dh at the same time).
Reply Quote
In softcore it has no reason to restart a character, it will have same stats, the levels will be the same, and weapons too. There's lack of customization there. Just using AH better.

It make sens to start a character in hardcore if new one or if previous was died.
Reply Quote
I try to hit lvl 60 in one day with all the exp + items i have farmed.

I'm thinking of starting a monk with all crafted and found items, no ah.
Edited by Org#1661 on 3/5/2013 5:18 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]