Diablo® III

An idea for patch 1.1

Hello Diablo III community!

I have an idea for a better gameplay if you play on higher monster power. Look people always complain about not having enough all resistance or not enough Life. Blizzard you put a nice thing into Diablo with crafting the new items. It’s an awesome thing but it’s not enough… Okay, let’s go to my idea. What if Blizzard would put new potions into Diablo III? No not like the health potions that you can buy with gold. I think it’s better to craft your own potions like the new items. Let’s call them “elixir”.

For example you want to have higher all resistance but you don’t have enough gold for an upgrade, you just craft an elixir.

Okay how is this working? At first you have to find the plan and the new item called “tome of elixirs like the tome of secrets” for it but the plan is account bound I don’t want that everybody can buy it on the AH.

Let us assume that, you’ve found the plan. Now you have to go with the plan to a NPC. I don’t know if Blizzard is ready to put the Mystic artisan back into the game but it would be awesome. Let’s say they have put the Mystic artisan back into the game and you want to craft an "all resistance elixir". First of all you can choose if you want a 10 minute or a 15 minute elixir. For the 10 minute elixir you need 5 demonic essences, 15 tome of elixirs and blue items that have arcane resistance, fire resistance, lightning resistance, physical resistance and last but not least poison resistance.

That’s just the idea for the all resistance elixir. But that’s not enough. I know people that play with a barb are really fast when they farm. But look if you play with a Monk or Witch doctor you can’t follow the speed that the barb have and you are always behind and the slowest in the group. That’s my other reason why I would put a movement elixir into the game. You can craft the movement elixir same as the all resistance elixir but you don’t need the resistance items, you need the movement speed items.

I’m going list what kind of elixir I would put into the game.

15% All resistance elixir – 10 minutes or 15 minutes – 5 or 10 demonic essences, 15 tome of elixirs , blue items that have arcane resistance, fire resistance, lightning resistance, physical resistance and poison resistance

24% Movement speed elixir – 10 minutes – 10 demonic essences, 15 tome of elixirs and 5 blue items with 12% movement speed and a legendary item with 12% movement speed

10% Attack speed elixir – 10 Minutes – 10 demonic essences, 15 tome of elixirs and 10 white items that have 15% attack speed and a legendary that have 20% attack speed

5% Critical hit elixir – 10 Minutes – 10 demonic essences, 20 tome of elixirs and 5 legendary items that have minimum 5% critical chance

30% Critical hit damage – 10 Minutes – 15 demonic essences, 20 tome of elixirs and 2 flawless star emerald

Only available for a special class

Barbarian – Fury regeneration 5 min – 1 Fury per second – 5 demonic essences, 5 tome of elixirs

Wizard– Arcane power on critical hit 5 min – 3 Arcane power per critical hit – 5 demonic essences, 5 tome of elixirs

Demon Hunter – hatred / discipline regeneration 5 min – 1 hatred and 1 discipline per second – 5 demonic essences, 5 tome of elixirs

Witch doctor – mana regeneration 5 min – 3 mana per second – 5 demonic essences, 5 tome of elixirs

Monk – Spirit regeneration 5 min – 1 Spirit per second – 5 demonic essences, 5 tome of elixir

Other drinkable elixirs (like in Diablo II)

Choking Gas Potion – Creates a poisonous cloud. Makes poison damage. – 20 Demonic essences, 5 tome of elixirs

Exploding Potion – You put a mine on the ground. Makes fire damage. – 20 Demonic essences, 5 tome of elixirs

Arcane Potion – You make an arcane beam. Makes arcane damage. – 20 Demonic essences, 5 tome of elixirs

Here is an example how to use those elixirs.

Just right click on them and they are ready. But care if you die the bonus is lost.

Thanks for reading this.
Edited by Legolas#2164 on 2/28/2013 2:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
Nice suggestions! Really nice idea for further improvement of this game. Sounds a bit WoW-ish to me, but still, very nice! +1

Sanc
Edited by Sanctuary#2454 on 2/28/2013 8:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/28/2013 09:44 AMPosted by DeadRu
lol another guy whining gimmie,gimmie,gimmie. Meanwhile there is a thing in the game called balance. This is really not needed. So now we have elixers how do we balance the game based on if we use a potion or not. or not.

I'm not whining... It's an idea. Look at the topic...
Edited by Legolas#2164 on 2/28/2013 1:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
nice idea Legolas...with these elixirs we could farm MP 9-10 little bit easyer :D I wonder what Blizz has to say on this :D
Reply Quote
1.1 will probably be the expansion.
Reply Quote
That would be great to have those. I just think the arcane gaining, fury regen and hatred, discipline regen would be a bit too slow. 1 every second, while arcane regens 10 oer sec and hatred 6 per sec.
Reply Quote
Sorry OP but this wouldnt fix anything. The problem people have with stats is not the value of stats... its the variety of actual stats.... itemization. These elixirs would just become what gems are. Everyone would use the one for their class. It wouldnt change anything. We would have all the same tired stats... just more. Whats cool about that? Diablo should not be about incremental stat increases like WoW. I want CHOICES in this game. There are NO CHOICES.... adding these elixirs would not add any more choice... it would just add another thing you HAD to do to get more of the same tired stats.

Edit: If you want an example of a cool new way to do "potions" check out the system in PoE. You have a potion belt like d2. The potions work like health globes... as you kill monsters ur potions are refilled. There are various sizes... and they can have affixes and enchantments that change them and make them fit your build and style.
Edited by BannedName#1439 on 2/28/2013 5:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
before i got to your examples i was thinking along the lines of:

BoA recipe, so everyone has to find it, then a really expensive one-time-ever-per-type-use potion that gives you a permanent increase, which sounds balanced and fun to me

buff potions could be cool too
Reply Quote
before i got to your examples i was thinking along the lines of:

BoA recipe, so everyone has to find it, then a really expensive one-time-ever-per-type-use potion that gives you a permanent increase, which sounds balanced and fun to me

buff potions could be cool too

What kind of buff potions do you mean?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]