Diablo® III

I love that D3 is coming to my PS3!!!

I know that I'm probably going to get a lot of hate on here about this but after reading all the whining and crying about the game coming out on a console...I had to bust out my soap box for a moment and speak my mind.

I for one am glad that Blizzard is bringing Diablo 3 to both the Playstation 3 and 4. I enjoy playing the game now with my friends on PC, and will now be able to with others who do not play PC games. What's to hate about that?

Another thing that I kept seeing was that Diablo 3 was supposedly dumbed down from the start in order to put it on a console too. I think it's Blizz's way of making a Diablo game that was a bit simpler to play, but still had the player making hard decisions in regards to builds, and which path they were going to take on their way to 60.

There's reference to the point system and why they decided to change it, and I for one am glad that they got rid of the point system all together. So, that way, when I want to switch up the way I want to run my Monk or WD, I don't have to shell out gold to respec.

The biggest piece of evidence are the screen shots for the PS3 and PS4 versions of the game. The layout is TOTALLY different. The changes made on the PC version have nothing to do with them developing a totally different way to control your hero and use your abilities for the console. Jay even said it himself. He said that port is a nasty word and that they didn't want to "port" the game because when developers do such a thing, it never feels right on the console/pc when "ported". He stated that they would only bring it to console if they could make it so that it felt that the game was originally made for consoles, which the pictures show they have done. I love the way it looks just from the couple of screen shots that are available.

In summary...everybody is entitled to their own opinion, and this is mine. I thank Blizzard for working so hard on making a version that's going to allow me to play with my PS friends as well as continuing to work on the PC version at the same time. I'll be out there farming and leveling, because unlike some of these people...I enjoy it.

MrBojangles#1676
Reply Quote
Congrats on your 2nd can of worms! LOL
Reply Quote
02/23/2013 01:39 PMPosted by MrBojangles
but still had the player making hard decisions in regards to builds,

I usually enjoy reading through people's entire posts regardless if they are too long.. but seriously, I had to stop there..

This is probably the dumbest thing I have ever read.. bar none
Reply Quote
The biggest piece of evidence are the screen shots for the PS3 and PS4 versions of the game. The layout is TOTALLY different. The changes made on the PC version have nothing to do with them developing a totally different way to control your hero and use your abilities for the console. Jay even said it himself. He said that port is a nasty word and that they didn't want to "port" the game because when developers do such a thing, it never feels right on the console/pc when "ported". He stated that they would only bring it to console if they could make it so that it felt that the game was originally made for consoles, which the pictures show they have done. I love the way it looks just from the couple of screen shots that are available.

and this is why i'm not getting it or any further installments of this franchise along with 15 others.
Reply Quote
02/23/2013 01:48 PMPosted by Deadlysynz
but still had the player making hard decisions in regards to builds,

I usually enjoy reading through people's entire posts regardless if they are too long.. but seriously, I had to stop there..

This is probably the dumbest thing I have ever read.. bar none

It's too bad because I continue on to say "on their way to 60" LOL

Anyway...thanks for your time. :-)
Reply Quote
Perhaps this game would have been infinitely better if it came to console first, then developed the game further to fit the PC version, instead of vice versa
Reply Quote
02/23/2013 01:55 PMPosted by Deadlysynz
Perhaps this game would have been infinitely better if it came to console first, then developed the game further to fit the PC version, instead of vice versa

This game would have been infinitely better if it came altogether in PC and console both at the same time.
Reply Quote
02/23/2013 01:48 PMPosted by KradisZ

and this is why i'm not getting it or any further installments of this franchise along with 15 others.

So you're not going to buy the console version?? Cool, that's up to you. Perhaps you ONLY play console games. I for one am open to both console and PC games. I think both have their pros and cons against one another. However, to make a decision to cease buying something from a company who decided to broaden their spectrum a bit, and make their game playable to more people who enjoy playing this type of game, but can't afford and/or want to spend money on a high end PC to do so? That's a bit silly, don't you think?
Reply Quote
Re: Jay's post in regards to PC/Console releasing at the same time...

I agree here, but it wasn't possible. Seeing how Blizzard is primarily a PC developer, and basically begging console developers to input resumes to help them with the designing of it...we had to wait. I'm still happy with the decision to give the console version the green light.
Edited by MrBojangles#1676 on 2/23/2013 2:02 PM PST
Reply Quote

So you're not going to buy the console version?? Cool, that's up to you. Perhaps you ONLY play console games. I for one am open to both console and PC games. I think both have their pros and cons against one another. However, to make a decision to cease buying something from a company who decided to broaden their spectrum a bit, and make their game playable to more people who enjoy playing this type of game, but can't afford and/or want to spend money on a high end PC to do so? That's a bit silly, don't you think?

No it's not silly at all, a PC is never as limited as a console that's why you upgrade certain parts of your PC you don't replace a whole thing like a PS3 going to PS4.
I barely play console games because i barely even have access to the TV to begin with. Not to mention i multitask like a maniac because i probably have ADD, ADHD even.

The game is playable but it's been dumbed down to griefingly simplistic matters that it just doesn't even relate to its predecessors anymore if anything it's an entire new series. not a sequel. That is why I am stopping to buy from Bliz altogether for future instalments in this franchise derp. Those who DID enjoy this game subtly or abruptly quit immediately and went on to PoE because that's what they catered to or something else or quit ARPGs altogether. Broadening the spectrum is one thing but opening all doors and making it child simple for an M rated game is just WEIRD.

So no I don't think it's silly at all. The only thing I have left set for sights on Blizzard is their RTS, if they decide to flop that as well then good bye until a new product comes out but god forbid I'll be speculating a lot before even looking at my wallet.

EDIT:
It always makes MORE sense to develop console and THEN PC.
But as business goes to make PC work then go CONSOLE is like oh yeah here's a game with limited features then we'll make it for console because console has limited specs. <- yeah if you don't include this in the PC message the sales will do much better, if you do everyone's going to be staring at development instead b4 buying.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 2/23/2013 2:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/23/2013 02:44 PMPosted by KradisZ
but can't afford and/or want to spend money on a high end PC to do so?

also D3 does not require a High end PC just look at the system specs.. seriously, doesn't take half a brain to figure it out.

12 gigs of hd space(no idea why you need 12 gigs considering the game is so small in terms of content, either poor resource management or textures are running like 4k x 4k size resolution for utter flat undetailed textures)

2 GB ram (costs like 40-50$ for 4GB or like 80$ for 16 gigs of 2 8GB)

windows 7 50$?

single core processor 2.8GHZ or duo core 1.4GHz whatever quadcore is about like 100$? Pretty sure it can run D3 just fine on minimal

computer case - 20-30$
power supply - 100$
hard drive - 30-50$
vid card 200$
so what that's like
530$ + 59.99 for game. Considering you're starting from SCRATCH which i doubt. Not to mention your PC is capable of more than a gaming console.

There are ALWAYS more PC titles or handheld titles than console titles. If D3 was the end of your gaming days then yeah ok sure go for a console then.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 2/23/2013 2:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/23/2013 02:58 PMPosted by KradisZ

also D3 does not require a High end PC just look at the system specs.. seriously, doesn't take half a brain to figure it out.

12 gigs of hd space(no idea why you need 12 gigs considering the game is so small in terms of content, either poor resource management or textures are running like 4k x 4k size resolution for utter flat undetailed textures)

windows 7 50$?

single core processor 2.8GHZ or duo core 1.4GHz whatever quadcore is about like 100$? Pretty sure it can run D3 just fine on minimal

computer case - 20-30$
power supply - 100$
hard drive - 30-50$
vid card 200$
so what that's like
530$ + 59.99 for game. Considering you're starting from SCRATCH which i doubt. Not to mention your PC is capable of more than a gaming console.

There are ALWAYS more PC titles or handheld titles than console titles. If D3 was the end of your gaming days then yeah ok sure go for a console then.

Where would you get Windows 7 for $50? O.o If you were building a PC from scratch, at minimum you would spend around $100 for an OEM edition of Home Premium. Also, I believe you are forgetting about the motherboard. ;D
Reply Quote

There are several large maps in WoW that are totally unused in-game (still to this day), and yet were still included in the game. Maybe some/most of the stuff Blizzard stripped out of D3 is still in the game files. Then once the xpac comes out, you just download a couple of MB, and bam.
Reply Quote
02/23/2013 01:55 PMPosted by Deadlysynz

Wrong. This game was obviously created with the limits of a console in mind.

See also: The 6 button skill limit
Reply Quote
02/23/2013 03:53 PMPosted by Espionage724

There are several large maps in WoW that are totally unused in-game (still to this day), and yet were still included in the game. Maybe some/most of the stuff Blizzard stripped out of D3 is still in the game files. Then once the xpac comes out, you just download a couple of MB, and bam.

Very good point. The scrapped team deathmatch files could have been there since day 1 to account for some of it. Who knows what else they have hidden there.
Reply Quote

windows 7 50$?

computer case - 20-30$
power supply - 100$
hard drive - 30-50$
vid card 200$
so what that's like

So $530 gets you a PC that can run Diablo 3 and look like crap with flattened details and everything?? Sweet! What's the point?

You know just as well as I do, that if somebody is gonna play a game they want it at max detail in order to full enjoy the play experience. I, myself wish I could run D3 to it's full extent but can't without having to upgrade several pieces of equipment. However, with a console, the game is designed with a specific list of specs for the console in mind. Seeing how EVERY PS3/4 has the SAME processing power and graphics engines when compared to one another, there's no need to feel as though you're playing a sub-par version of the game because you didn't ramp up your PC to the fullest just like your buddy did before you.

Anyway, I enjoy your insight into things...specially coming from what I'm assuming is a pretty heavy PC gamer...whereas I'm more of a console kind of a guy, but plays on both. Gives me more information so that way I'm able to better form my opinions for later conversations.
Reply Quote
So $530 gets you a PC that can run Diablo 3 and look like crap with flattened details and everything?? Sweet! What's the point?

You know just as well as I do, that if somebody is gonna play a game they want it at max detail in order to full enjoy the play experience. I, myself wish I could run D3 to it's full extent but can't without having to upgrade several pieces of equipment. However, with a console, the game is designed with a specific list of specs for the console in mind. Seeing how EVERY PS3/4 has the SAME processing power and graphics engines when compared to one another, there's no need to feel as though you're playing a sub-par version of the game because you didn't ramp up your PC to the fullest just like your buddy did before you.

Anyway, I enjoy your insight into things...specially coming from what I'm assuming is a pretty heavy PC gamer...whereas I'm more of a console kind of a guy, but plays on both. Gives me more information so that way I'm able to better form my opinions for later conversations.

I grew up on SNES and NES and Commodore 64 as well as Sega Genesis through the PSX Dreamcast N64 era and the glory days of PS2 and Gamecube and Wii and the minimal days of PS3, I've just moved past consoles that's all.

" I, myself wish I could run D3 to it's full extent but can't without having to upgrade several pieces of equipment." <- you know if the game was more optimized you probably could. My 1.0Ghz 300$ piece of sh** laptop can play TERA which looks AMAZING btw, and can't even run D3. Learn2knowSOME or EVEN ALITTLE bitofprogramming.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 2/23/2013 5:47 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]