Diablo® III

I love that D3 is coming to my PS3!!!

Community Manager
In summary...everybody is entitled to their own opinion, and this is mine. I thank Blizzard for working so hard on making a version that's going to allow me to play with my PS friends as well as continuing to work on the PC version at the same time. I'll be out there farming and leveling, because unlike some of these people...I enjoy it.

Blizzard has a long history with console games, and the goal with bringing Diablo III to the PlayStation is really about opening up the world of Sanctuary to players who prefer a couch over a desk chair. We know that console games aren’t for everyone, though, and we certainly respect that not all players who’ve purchased the game for PC will want to buy the PlayStation version. That’s totally okay. :)

Even so, our console team has been hard at work adapting Diablo III for the PlayStation platform and making sure that all of the important elements of the game feel great when played using a controller. We’re actually completely re-developing the UI, controls, and camera for the PlayStation 3 so that everything feels natural and looks awesome on a big TV screen. We’re really happy with how that whole process is coming along and we're excited to demo some of these snazzy changes at PAX East in March.
Reply Quote
i play from my couch on my tv and with a 360 controller , as it is now ...

dont act like it would be nice for people to sit on couch with a controller ...

it can be done now ...

blizzard your just getting worse and worse !
Reply Quote
Online not required from what I read. Superior version confirmed.
Reply Quote
well it has offline , let the hacking begin .. LMAO !
Reply Quote
How about instead of trying to make a PS3 version nobody is going to buy anyway you just make an expansion?
Reply Quote
@ boseefus , what meds ?

and you should comment something useful ... besides thinking your funny !
Reply Quote
Vaeflare, do you have an ETA on when we can expect some developer discussion on how the console version of Diablo 3 will affect future PC design? i.e. Adding controller support to the PC, clarification whether we can expect an offline feature similar to the console version, cross-platform play, etc
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
The only way anyone will actually play it on the PS3 is if the loot model is fixed to facilitate single player gameplay. =/

Unless I am surprised to find that D3 will have its own auction house over the PSN...
MVP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4038704716#2
Reply Quote
It would be kind of cool if we could port our PC character to the console version of our choice. Oh! Or get a free version of the console version similar to how Valve did with Portal 2. Are you as cool as Valve, Blizzard? Come ooooon, I think you can do both of these things.
Reply Quote
I just wonder if PC gonna have a gamepad patch
Reply Quote
The only way anyone will actually play it on the PS3 is if the loot model is fixed to facilitate single player gameplay. =/

Unless I am surprised to find that D3 will have its own auction house over the PSN...
IF they infact do this, THEY MUST HAVE THAT MODE avalible to the PC version PERIOD, no reason to make the PS3 version more fun.
Reply Quote
it just sucks to have spent so much time playng on the PC and then have a better version come out as a port? it really saddens me to know that PC players won't get to enjoy the camera angles (which i think would be dope) or offline mode.... it's just not fair. Some people have spent loads of money and time on this game only to have blizzard basically obsolete their game even after they showed so much loyalty.... just a thought.... maybe blizzard could give the same loyalty to their fans.... or maybe it is just that...... so many people are always complaining about the PC and being douchebags that they were literally like hah. lets see how pissed they get now.
Reply Quote
hold im sorry.... so PC players will be able to play with people on the playstations? cuz then i think it's kinda cool..... but i still wqant the dope camera angles haha
Reply Quote
game is going to be worse on console than PC lol. cant imagine team of 4 people moving together on that tiny UI. wont work
Reply Quote
LOL... Blues respond to the "one" thread supporting the console release announcement....
Reply Quote
I'm really excited too. I feel like D3 on PS3/4 is going to bring me back to feel of Balders Gate and Champions of Norrath : )
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 02:09 PMPosted by ItsTjax
hold im sorry.... so PC players will be able to play with people on the playstations? cuz then i think it's kinda cool..... but i still wqant the dope camera angles haha

No, they will be completely separate games and communities.
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 01:27 PMPosted by Vaeflare
In summary...everybody is entitled to their own opinion, and this is mine. I thank Blizzard for working so hard on making a version that's going to allow me to play with my PS friends as well as continuing to work on the PC version at the same time. I'll be out there farming and leveling, because unlike some of these people...I enjoy it.

Blizzard has a long history with console games, and the goal with bringing Diablo III to the PlayStation is really about opening up the world of Sanctuary to players who prefer a couch over a desk chair. We know that console games aren’t for everyone, though, and we certainly respect that not all players who’ve purchased the game for PC will want to buy the PlayStation version. That’s totally okay. :)

Even so, our console team has been hard at work adapting Diablo III for the PlayStation platform and making sure that all of the important elements of the game feel great when played using a controller. We’re actually completely re-developing the UI, controls, and camera for the PlayStation 3 so that everything feels natural and looks awesome on a big TV screen. We’re really happy with how that whole process is coming along and we're excited to demo some of these snazzy changes at PAX East in March.

You might want to fix your PC version before bringing it to console if you want to make any money off it.. just sayin'
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 01:27 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We know that console games aren’t for everyone, though, and we certainly respect that not all players who’ve purchased the game for PC will want to buy the PlayStation version. That’s totally okay. :)

I have never really had anything to say about a blue post before, but wow! Just wow!!! Do people really feel that if you already own the game on PC, that you then have to own in on PS? This has nothing to do about Diablo itself, but I for one don't think i will ever buy a game on PC and then later on a console.

Nowadays you can hook your PC up to your television anyways...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]