Diablo® III

I love that D3 is coming to my PS3!!!

02/25/2013 01:39 PMPosted by setsae
well it has offline , let the hacking begin .. LMAO !

Yeah, because no one's been able to exploit D3 because it is online only *rolls eyes*
Reply Quote
I love that D3 is coming to my PS3!!!

I hate that D3 came to my PC!!!
Because I bought it because of D2.
Reply Quote
Yeah, can I work on your PS team? It doesnt look like they will need to do much to make this game PS friendly.
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 01:27 PMPosted by Vaeflare
In summary...everybody is entitled to their own opinion, and this is mine. I thank Blizzard for working so hard on making a version that's going to allow me to play with my PS friends as well as continuing to work on the PC version at the same time. I'll be out there farming and leveling, because unlike some of these people...I enjoy it.

Blizzard has a long history with console games, and the goal with bringing Diablo III to the PlayStation is really about opening up the world of Sanctuary to players who prefer a couch over a desk chair. We know that console games aren’t for everyone, though, and we certainly respect that not all players who’ve purchased the game for PC will want to buy the PlayStation version. That’s totally okay. :)

Even so, our console team has been hard at work adapting Diablo III for the PlayStation platform and making sure that all of the important elements of the game feel great when played using a controller. We’re actually completely re-developing the UI, controls, and camera for the PlayStation 3 so that everything feels natural and looks awesome on a big TV screen. We’re really happy with how that whole process is coming along and we're excited to demo some of these snazzy changes at PAX East in March.

The sad truth is that its actually a lot better to play games on a Playstation than a PC. Consoles are about sitting back on a couch and playing games on your 52" TV. Which is far more comfortable than gaming on a desk with a mouse that causes carpel tunnel syndrome.

The only reason I game on a PC is for graphics which is the biggest most important reason for me. Other than that a console owns hands down when it comes to games.

luckily with PS4 we wont have to worry about graphics again
Edited by JOHN#12280 on 2/25/2013 2:47 PM PST
Reply Quote

Blizzard has a long history with console games *snip*

You should change that to say "long history with FAILED console games".
Reply Quote
Thank god I waited for reviews before I thought of getting Starcraft for the 64. My god.
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 02:21 PMPosted by Paraflare
well it has offline , let the hacking begin .. LMAO !

Yeah, because no one's been able to exploit D3 because it is online only *rolls eyes*

did i say exploit ?
a exploit and a down right offline hack is totally different my friend !

continue rolling eyes :)
Reply Quote
Community Manager
02/25/2013 01:48 PMPosted by Begaria
Vaeflare, do you have an ETA on when we can expect some developer discussion on how the console version of Diablo 3 will affect future PC design? i.e. Adding controller support to the PC, clarification whether we can expect an offline feature similar to the console version, cross-platform play, etc

While we think cross-platform play would be awesome, there are currently no plans to allow connectivity between PlayStation Network and Battle.net (this is pretty standard for most games that have PC and console support). As a result, the characters on your Battle.net account and PlayStation account will also remain separate.

In terms of allowing an analog controller hookup for the PC, we don’t have any plans for that kind of support right now. Similarly, since Diablo III for console was designed with a controller in mind, the PlayStation version of Diablo III will not support USB mice or keyboards.
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 02:59 PMPosted by Vaeflare
As a result, the characters on your Battle.net account and PlayStation account will also remain separate.

so we won't even get an import option or anything like that? well, that's a deal breaker for me ... I'm not starting my progress all over again just to play in my living room.
Edited by padako#1522 on 2/25/2013 3:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
The sad truth is that its actually a lot better to play games on a Playstation than a PC. Consoles are about sitting back on a couch and playing games on your 52" TV. Which is far more comfortable than gaming on a desk with a mouse that causes carpel tunnel syndrome.

The only reason I game on a PC is for graphics which is the biggest most important reason for me. Other than that a console owns hands down when it comes to games.

luckily with PS4 we wont have to worry about graphics again

You know you can get a wireless keyboard and a wireless mouse. Connect your PC to a 52" TV and play from your couch right? just sayin' :)
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warrior
I found this a good read

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/85501-blizzard-is-unaware-of-diablo-3s-downfall/

Says a lot really

Blizzard has a long history of giving us amazing games. Worth every minutes, hour and day invested in playing it. They gave us Diablo 2 which by far is one of the best games of all time.
But Actiblizz is a disgrace, They think they did good in sales on release because of there work. WRONG!!! It was BECAUSE of Diablo 2 that D3 did so good. Not because of the crap you guys spewed out and call D3. And now your saying...wait...let me go quote this.....ok here... you guys say this "We'll also be adapting the award-winning action-role-playing game for Sony's newly announced platform: the PlayStation®4!".....LMAO!!! Can you please explain to us what exactly AWARD did D3 win???? And DO NOT say it won an award for selling the most copies. It sure as heck was not because of what YOU guys gave us. It was because of every SINGLE person that had ANYTHING to do with Diablo 2 all the way down to the FANS!! And now your telling us to be happy because everything you doorknobs did to the diablo game was to dumb it down for console players???? My god man. And you guys actually take pride in this? ACTIBLIZZ is a disgrace..And the amount of fans you lost and the failure of this game just proves it to be fact.
Reply Quote
Vaeflare, do you have an ETA on when we can expect some developer discussion on how the console version of Diablo 3 will affect future PC design? i.e. Adding controller support to the PC, clarification whether we can expect an offline feature similar to the console version, cross-platform play, etc

While we think cross-platform play would be awesome, there are currently no plans to allow connectivity between PlayStation Network and Battle.net (this is pretty standard for most games that have PC and console support). As a result, the characters on your Battle.net account and PlayStation account will also remain separate.

In terms of allowing an analog controller hookup for the PC, we don’t have any plans for that kind of support right now. Similarly, since Diablo III for console was designed with a controller in mind, the PlayStation version of Diablo III will not support USB mice or keyboards.

Maybe I'm just dreaming, but what if owning either the PS3-4 or PC version of the game would unlock both versions, meaning that you can redeem the CD-key to download the game on the PS store or Bnet account.

Answer's no :(
Reply Quote
there are currently no plans to allow connectivity between PlayStation Network and Battle.net (this is pretty standard for most games that have PC and console support). As a result, the characters on your Battle.net account and PlayStation account will also remain separate.

Pwnt! thank you
Reply Quote
Vaeflare, I have not heard confirmation but can you confirm me that the PS3 and PS4 version will have single player offline play please? I need to know this.
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 03:03 PMPosted by Sÿlak
so we won't even get an import option or anything like that?

What game does? PC to con or con to PC

Final Fantasy 11.
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 03:56 PMPosted by Paolo11
Vaeflare, I have not heard confirmation but can you confirm me that the PS3 and PS4 version will have single player offline play please? I need to know this.

This. Also, will it have an RMAH or any AH? If it has offline and no "economy" I will be buying this.
Reply Quote
Sooooo can we at least have a preview of what the trophies are like? Just curious since I have a ps3 also.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]