Diablo® III

I love that D3 is coming to my PS3!!!

02/25/2013 07:00 PMPosted by Paolo11
Damn, I wish the CM or Blizzard will make some news about offline play.

If you talking about console offline play, yes it will have offline version on console, just google it, there's a youtube interview of Chris about this.

If the game ported to console, it will optimized to bring more good experience in single player with a lot more good loot drop chance, just like every ARPG game on console.
Reply Quote
@Kenzou I did watched and listened to the video and it states local coop but no single player offline.

That's why I need confirmation from the CM who posted today about this.
Reply Quote
@Kenzou I did watched and listened to the video and it states local coop but no single player offline.

That's why I need confirmation from the CM who posted today about this.

It's actually technically impossible to have local LAN play without an offline single player capability.

As there's no real internet connection with LAN the items have to be generated somehow. Probably by each individual console or by the "Host" console.
MVP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4038704716#2
Reply Quote
@ Drothvader. You have a good point but what if Blizzard states to log in online then you can play the game local coop if you are connected online? That's what worries me.

Please don't think I'm arguing or trolling. I just want confirmation. Everyday I am waiting for news for Blizzard to announce offline mode for the PS versions.
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 01:48 PMPosted by Begaria
Vaeflare, do you have an ETA on when we can expect some developer discussion on how the console version of Diablo 3 will affect future PC design? i.e. Adding controller support to the PC, clarification whether we can expect an offline feature similar to the console version, cross-platform play, etc

I do not think that we will ever see an offline mode for this game on the PC. The reason being if the devs did that then we will in time see thousands of perfectly rolled manticores on the AH's. Duping would go off of the charts, and a lot of the items that now sell for billions of gold would only command in the hundreds of millions of gold if not less than that.

PlayStation version can get away with an offline mode. Because from what I have heard it is hard to hack into the files for a PlayStation game to begin with. Also since it is a console. Players would not be able to take those codes and use them to dupe items on the PC version.
Reply Quote
@ Drothvader. You have a good point but what if Blizzard states to log in online then you can play the game local coop if you are connected online? That's what worries me.

Please don't think I'm arguing or trolling. I just want confirmation. Everyday I am waiting for news for Blizzard to announce offline mode for the PS versions.

I can't confirm anything because I simply don't know, but what I can tell you is that the console version must have the architecture to play offline in order for LAN play to even be a possibility.

Honestly, I didn't even know LAN was a possibility with the PS3. I thought all play was dictated through the PSN which required you to be online.

I guess you learn something new every day.
MVP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4038704716#2
Reply Quote
I do hope this CM replies back tomorrow and confirm offline play.(please)
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 09:34 PMPosted by Paolo11
I do hope this CM replies back tomorrow and confirm offline play.(please)

for what? for PC? hell no go do some research
for console obviously.
Reply Quote
Looks like my excitement was for nothing. I will not be buying the PS3/Ps4 version of Diablo although I was really hoping too, there's simply no reason, then. I would agree with the statement that sure, most games that are different consoles do not have cross-play functionality, but that doesn't mean that it has to be that way.

I would have at least liked to have a character copy similar to PTR, even if a one time thing. After having put so much time into Diablo 3, and the plenty of money I have found myself pouring in, it's a shame that such a thing wouldn't exist.

I'm not even sure anymore, I suppose it may sound like I was hoping for too much, but ever since the rumors 4 years ago about them having a separate team for the Console platform, I was really hopeful and excited. But now I am sorta bummed. :/
Reply Quote

As a result, the characters on your Battle.net account and PlayStation account will also remain separate.

so we won't even get an import option or anything like that? well, that's a deal breaker for me ... I'm not starting my progress all over again just to play in my living room.

This is actually kind of my thought. I may still end up getting it but having no way to transport them kinda sucks. Maybe even just a one time copy of it the first time you go online? I'd hate to lose my progress. :s
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I super disagree with not making it cross platform.
I give you a simple example:
Eve online and dust 514 it is amazing and so much fun.
While I definitely think that what shouldn't happen is that you can group your ps3 chars with pc chars unless you can guarantee there will not be a slow down from the ps3 guys to pc.
Dust 514 and eve online work really well together and I do not see an issue why it wouldn't work with Diablo 3 as well.
I am the owner of a ps3 Xbox and pc.
Honestly I would love to see it that way.
If and that's probably wishful thinking again, I can co op on one screen with my wife on the couch ala sacred 2. I hate it so much that most games only support coop online what am I supposed to do buy two tv's and ps3s.
The future of gaming will be determined by the ps4 and how I think it looks like is that with the wi I u bad ps vita you can already move from your tv straight on your handheld.
So why wouldn't it be smart to move my pc game if I wanna sit on the Chou child to the tv.
It is possible and the tech is there. Share the ah and chats and chars. Just keep the grouping separated. I think you will get a lot more ppl that way. For example I will bot by the ps3 ps4 version if it's not cross why would I? Char development takes a lot. And there is really nothing like a L.A. wow that ppl can complain over having an advantage of world forsts.
I think It would not only be a smaty business move but also a good way to keep the game extended.
I prob would move from the pc to the couch during the evening hours and on my vita in bed lol....
Well so yeah my wish would be cross realm with a coop for two ppl to link both accounts on one tv.
That wou ld be super cool.
Trade and everything else merged just team ups are limited to ps3/4 and pc/pc
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 01:27 PMPosted by Vaeflare
In summary...everybody is entitled to their own opinion, and this is mine. I thank Blizzard for working so hard on making a version that's going to allow me to play with my PS friends as well as continuing to work on the PC version at the same time. I'll be out there farming and leveling, because unlike some of these people...I enjoy it.

Blizzard has a long history with console games, and the goal with bringing Diablo III to the PlayStation is really about opening up the world of Sanctuary to players who prefer a couch over a desk chair. We know that console games aren’t for everyone, though, and we certainly respect that not all players who’ve purchased the game for PC will want to buy the PlayStation version. That’s totally okay. :)

Even so, our console team has been hard at work adapting Diablo III for the PlayStation platform and making sure that all of the important elements of the game feel great when played using a controller. We’re actually completely re-developing the UI, controls, and camera for the PlayStation 3 so that everything feels natural and looks awesome on a big TV screen. We’re really happy with how that whole process is coming along and we're excited to demo some of these snazzy changes at PAX East in March.
How about Blizzard fix the game on PC first, or is this to much to ask?And you guys wonder why people are leaving the game in droves!How about Blizzard put the Diablo fans ahead of profits for a change.It's sad Blizzard sold out on a grand scale.
Edited by Bluddflagg#6648 on 2/26/2013 12:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Different accounts is much less of an issue to me than no cross-play. The lack of cross-play may keep me from buying this, sadly :\
Reply Quote
It's not the cross-play that gets me, I just want to carry my character over from the PC to the PS. Does Steamworks on the PS3 allow Portal 2 saves to be carried back and forth between PC and PS3?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
No controller support for PC is a massive slap in the face to PC owners of D3 already. Its a simple enough fix, the only reason Blizz would hold back is to push people who want controller support to buy the console game, which we PC players furthermore WONT do because of no cross platform support to play on our existing characters. So whose left to buy D3 is console owners who don't own it on PC and that will be a very small minority that are interested in a game like that and have even heard of the Diablo franchise, they've only heard of COD, Ubisoft etc, so good luck blizzard/activision when you neglect your main fan base and put hope in console gamers.

I know Blizz is hoping to make some quick turn around cash for the relatively short burst of effort involved in pushing out to consoles but it won't be a major step in the long run for D3, especially when those resources could be working on the PC version and rushing out a worthy expansion.
Edited by Zoltan#6991 on 2/26/2013 5:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
Game out for a year, finally decides to bring it to console. Pointless.
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 04:48 AMPosted by Jeff
It's not the cross-play that gets me, I just want to carry my character over from the PC to the PS. Does Steamworks on the PS3 allow Portal 2 saves to be carried back and forth between PC and PS3?

Not possible. Blizzard won't allow such, since it increases the chance of getting hacked. Each Blizzard Bnet 2.0 account is unique.

02/26/2013 05:16 AMPosted by Death
Game out for a year, finally decides to bring it to console. Pointless.

Blizzard was waiting for Sony to release Playstation 4. That way, it could sell more D3 licenses over time, not all at once. Quarterly profits.
Edited by SilverFox#1996 on 2/26/2013 5:36 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]