Diablo® III

I love that D3 is coming to my PS3!!!

stupid question: console version will have AH and RMAH???????
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 12:01 PMPosted by GraveWalker
The simple fact of the matter is that no one is going to buy a version of D3 where they have to start completely over with their characters and not be able to play with any of the people on their friends list.

If it has an offline mode with no AH, I will buy this game again and probably never play the PC version ever again. Also, have you ever heard of ladders? The entire point is that you have to start over again. And lots of people liked that.
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 05:51 PMPosted by MrRafarius

Not a stupid question. I'm dying to know the answer to this as well as if there will be an offline mode.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/25/2013 02:59 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Vaeflare, do you have an ETA on when we can expect some developer discussion on how the console version of Diablo 3 will affect future PC design? i.e. Adding controller support to the PC, clarification whether we can expect an offline feature similar to the console version, cross-platform play, etc

While we think cross-platform play would be awesome, there are currently no plans to allow connectivity between PlayStation Network and Battle.net (this is pretty standard for most games that have PC and console support). As a result, the characters on your Battle.net account and PlayStation account will also remain separate.

In terms of allowing an analog controller hookup for the PC, we don’t have any plans for that kind of support right now. Similarly, since Diablo III for console was designed with a controller in mind, the PlayStation version of Diablo III will not support USB mice or keyboards.

Can we get a comment on this article, then, that talked about controller support on PC before D3 even released for the PC?

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/09/21/blizzards-diablo-3-experiments-%E2%80%9Coh-this-feels-even-better-with-direct-control%E2%80%9D/

Game director Jay Wilson's words in that article:

"Oh this feels even better, with direct control…"

"I can pretty much guarantee that if we decide to do a console version that we will look to support a pad on the PC"

I'd love to have this superior control method on the product I already own. Why does Blizzard no longer 'have any plans' for adding proper controls to this game? Did game director Jay Wilson just lie in that linked interview, then?
Edited by Unruhe#1317 on 2/26/2013 6:19 PM PST
Reply Quote

(1) Blizzard has a long history with console games, and the goal with bringing Diablo III to the PlayStation is really about opening up the world of Sanctuary to players who prefer a couch over a desk chair. We know that console games aren’t for everyone, though, and we certainly respect that not all players who’ve purchased the game for PC will want to buy the PlayStation version. That’s totally okay. :)

(2) Even so, our console team has been hard at work adapting Diablo III for the PlayStation platform and making sure that all of the important elements of the game feel great when played using a controller. We’re actually completely re-developing the UI, controls, and camera for the PlayStation 3 so that everything feels natural and looks awesome on a big TV screen. We’re really happy with how that whole process is coming along and we're excited to demo some of these snazzy changes at PAX East in March.

1. And yet, for those of us who WOULD prefer to play the game on our consoles you're completely shafting us and making us rebuy the same game we've already spent 60-90 bucks on. Way to show loyalty and appreciation to your customers... -_-

2. So you're focusing more on making the game look good, than on giving us a great experience and product? I would've thought Blizzard held itself to a higher standard than this...Here's an idea:

Tell us ONE reason why adding cross platform functionality is NOT a good idea.
Edited by gotaplanstan#1369 on 2/27/2013 10:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
i wish ps3 users could play with us pc users. it might expand the amount of players at one time.
Reply Quote
Why wouldn't you add game controller support for PC? Why wouldn't you add mouse/keyboard support for PS 3/4?
Reply Quote
Yeah... you'd think with as much as they claim they want this game to succeed, there wouldn't be a need for people to question their every move.

1. Why is there no cross platform functionality?
2. Why isn't there controller support for PC users?
3. Will there be m&kb support for ps3/4 users?
4. Why do they ignore what people want, even when its just for a better product?
Reply Quote
Nooooooo!

why would you not allow the import from Battle.net account onto PS3, why would i buy it now?

My personal experience playing Diablo on PS1 (not a great port) was one of extreme fun, same screen co-op is so much fun even with average controls, it spawned other great games such as Champions of Norath and a Baldurs Gate spin off on PS2 both great games in their own right.

So it's not surprising that Diablo 3 on Playstation had me rather excited, but to hear that the two games are seperate games on PC and PS any of the novelty and really any reason to buy the game doesn't exist... why would i start from scratch when i have spent probably over 1000 hours playing on PC just to start from zero.

Now i only speak for myself, but the whole idea I had when Diablo Playstation was announced, was downloading B.Net account and Playing some co-op either with just my account or a Friend logging into his own account and doing split screen. This would be awesome, when i visit mates I can take the game and do some casual runs over a couple of cool beverages. if it's just starting from scratch, i don't think i will even think about buying it. There certainly will be some difficulties with keeping Console and PC versions up-to-date if it were the case it ran battle.net versions but how awesome would it be!!!
Reply Quote
No online play =/= just as bad as Diablo for PSX from the 90's.

Good job blizzard.

Reply Quote
02/27/2013 12:43 PMPosted by Zer0C00l

Blizzard has a long history with console games, and the goal with bringing Diablo III to the PlayStation is really about opening up the world of Sanctuary to players who prefer a couch over a desk chair. We know that console games aren’t for everyone, though, and we certainly respect that not all players who’ve purchased the game for PC will want to buy the PlayStation version. That’s totally okay. :)

Even so, our console team has been hard at work adapting Diablo III for the PlayStation platform and making sure that all of the important elements of the game feel great when played using a controller. We’re actually completely re-developing the UI, controls, and camera for the PlayStation 3 so that everything feels natural and looks awesome on a big TV screen. We’re really happy with how that whole process is coming along and we're excited to demo some of these snazzy changes at PAX East in March.

YEs, you do. The last console you actually worked on was a terrible SC port to N64. I can guarantee less than 1% of my fellow gamers here have ever played that game in its heyday, and I would wager money that *none* of you devs ever had. You guys cancelled our last console project, because it just couldn't keep up with the times. I'm not looking forward to D3 on a PS3.

02/25/2013 02:15 PMPosted by Glock
LOL... Blues respond to the "one" thread supporting the console release announcement....

And this. Really Vaeflare? You guys are making blizzard look apathetic towards our views. Really not good in the playerbase's eyes anymore.

I remember that N64 SC port. When my buddy and I would get 200/200 units and attack eachother it was like a powerpoint presentation. Literally, 1 fps.
Reply Quote
have never really had anything to say about a blue post before, but wow! Just wow!!! Do people really feel that if you already own the game on PC, that you then have to own in on PS? This has nothing to do about Diablo itself, but I for one don't think i will ever buy a game on PC and then later on a console.

Nowadays you can hook your PC up to your television anyways...

This! leading to:

02/25/2013 03:01 PMPosted by padako
so we won't even get an import option or anything like that? well, that's a deal breaker for me ... I'm not starting my progress all over again just to play in my living room.

this!

Also I’m wondering, how they want to adress loot pickup with a cotroller. Taking half a minute to do that after a elite pack kill isn’t very attractive.
Edited by XotoX#2264 on 2/28/2013 2:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
Wow...didn't expect this to get a blue response but...ok.

One thing that I've noticed is that PC gamers are complaining about not being able to use a controller when almost all of them would've been quick to prove you wrong for thinking a controller is better than a mouse and keyboard. Now, they're told that they won't be supported by D3 on PC, and here comes the whambulance. Make up your minds please.

Do I own Diablo 3 for PC...OBVIOUSLY. Have I played a lot....yes. Am I going to buy it for PS3/PS4...yes. Thanks for trying to tell me what I am, and what I'm not going to buy having already purchased the game for the PC. LMAO.

As far as having to start over?? Awesome! It's another opportunity to level up some new characters. Only this time...I'll be doing it alongside a different group of friends. The ones that don't like using keyboard and mouse to play games with.

Again, I'm excited...can't wait for it to come out.
Reply Quote
If there is no

02/26/2013 05:54 PMPosted by Fantomex

Not a stupid question. I'm dying to know the answer to this as well as if there will be an offline mode.

There is an offline mode for PS3/4 version.

Although i own a PS3, i doubt i would buy the game if there is no cross platform functionality. Considering that i have already played through the full game at least 4 times (normal, nightmare, hell, inferno), I certainly do not want to go through the full game again. If I can port my character over from PC, i would certainly buy one to continue farming and upgrading my character. I think Blizzard should consider cross platform functionality for players who have online access for their PS3/4. I am sure more players would like to port over. I think the major headache would be AH & RMAH since players from PC can flood the PS3 AH or RMAH with lots of items
Reply Quote
Yeah... you'd think with as much as they claim they want this game to succeed, there wouldn't be a need for people to question their every move.

1. Why is there no cross platform functionality?
2. Why isn't there controller support for PC users?
3. Will there be m&kb support for ps3/4 users?
4. Why do they ignore what people want, even when its just for a better product?

Sorry i won't collaborate much, cause english is not my native language, and i have hard time describing my cogitations. Anyways here is my thoughts on your list:

1. No X-platform funcionality is based on fact, that Diablo3 on PS3/4 will be different game in terms of mechanics (probably unlimited backpack and/or every item takes one slot in stash; different gameplay probably slower and/or easier);
2. Because Diablo3 mechanics require mouse pointing (picking up items, using skills, moving character, etc), and keyboard (social features, using skills, and more).
3. No, afaik.
4. I don't like the possibility to play with someone who can't afford playing as fast as i play using mouse and keyboard on PC. Though i think people should be able to transfer their characters one-way to PSN, so they don't need to level once again.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
02/25/2013 02:15 PMPosted by Glock
LOL... Blues respond to the "one" thread supporting the console release announcement....

Who do you think started the thread?

I especially love it when we get a thread asking when "so and so option will be implemented" this is usually something no one has asked for and low and behold a blue pops in and says "funny you should ask it's coming next patch!"

Blizz employees make these threads. This one in particular is hilarious because the ts obviously has the game for pc and yet is excited about getting it on a console a year from now? lol.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]