Diablo® III

I love that D3 is coming to my PS3!!!

02/25/2013 03:01 PMPosted by padako
As a result, the characters on your Battle.net account and PlayStation account will also remain separate.

so we won't even get an import option or anything like that? well, that's a deal breaker for me ... I'm not starting my progress all over again just to play in my living room.

Think of it like a ladder reset, everybody else starts fresh too. Try a new char, or play hardcore, or see if you can get to where you are on the PC version faster with what you've learned.
Reply Quote
I dislike the idea that D3 is going to consoles. That meant that Blizz and the developers dumbed down the PC version so it could port the game to the low tech outdated piece of crap consoles that suck.
Reply Quote
LOL... Blues respond to the "one" thread supporting the console release announcement....

Who do you think started the thread?

I especially love it when we get a thread asking when "so and so option will be implemented" this is usually something no one has asked for and low and behold a blue pops in and says "funny you should ask it's coming next patch!"

Blizz employees make these threads. This one in particular is hilarious because the ts obviously has the game for pc and yet is excited about getting it on a console a year from now? lol.

Who do I think started the thread?? ME...I work for Blizzard?? Since when? I don't recall ever interviewing or submitting a resume. I wish it was this easy to get any other job in this country. As far as being excited about a console version coming out?? Why not?? Am I supposed to be like cattle and just follow along with everybody else carrying their pitch forks storming the gates of Blizzard's building?? Nope, I am my own person who happens to love console and pc games.
Edited by MrBojangles#1676 on 2/28/2013 8:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
The PS3 version of D3 should have, or rather could have connectivity to the same Battle.net servers as the PC/Mac versions. If I'm not mistaken, the Playstation network allows for connections to third party server architectures and software. Dust 514 is a good example of a PS3 game connecting with a PC game via the same server technology. Admittedly they are two separate games sharing the same servers, but the concept of a PS3 game having the same server connectivity as their PC/Mac counterparts isn't unheard of. I think it would be interesting to have PS3 noobs fighting beside maxed out players on the PC.
Reply Quote
whats the point buying d3 on ps if u cant us ur bnet account i aint buying the ps version for sure its point less for me im pisss actualy
Reply Quote
Also I’m wondering, how they want to adress loot pickup with a cotroller

it would be this assuming they fall to ground> stand in front of item it highlights you press X

i play this game just fine with a controller no need to make it easier/slower. not sure how they would make certain skills work that can be placed anywhere
Reply Quote
but the PS version cant connect to battle.net, therefore i dont think there will be be AH or RMAH..

and its very tough farming for gears.
Reply Quote
Hello everybody,

I have seen that we can play with 4 players with 1 game. But this is not the case with the PC version.
I am really disappointed about that because i would to play this game with my friends with one PC version...
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
you can buy a copy of windows 7 from ebay and from amazon for 50
Reply Quote
but the PS version cant connect to battle.net, therefore i dont think there will be be AH or RMAH..

and its very tough farming for gears.

It is tough to farm BECAUSE of the action house. The drop rates were designed knowing the auction house would be an option. Since 99% of us upgraded for so long off the auction house finding any good upgrades become very slim.

If I found an amulet with 120 str, 10 CC, 65 CD, and so on but was less than what I had on I would sell it to you, lets assume you want it. If there was no auction house I would salvage it. A lot of people find decent stuff that is not upgrades and other people buy it. They then reduce their chances of finding a better item.
Edited by BOSS#1545 on 3/26/2013 10:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i plan on buying it just so my wife and i have a good dungeon crawler to enjoy together. she hates the fact that she cant enjoy diablo (as shes a huge fan as well) at the same time because we dont have 2 computers to play. PS3-4 will make it possible to enjoy the game at the same time
Reply Quote
They (PS3/4 players) do have the option to play offline.

http://kotaku.com/the-console-version-of-diablo-iii-could-very-well-be-th-5992203

...Which I am not okay with in any way, and I do think it's an insult to all of us.

EDIT: By the way, this theme has been around for some time around here. As Glock pointed out, I think it's telling that Blues took the time to answer on the one thread that praises Blizzard's choice.
Edited by WhiteZombie#1654 on 3/26/2013 12:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm happy it's coming to console too, I just wish it were Xbox and not PS3. I have so many more friends that play Xbox and I'm not a fan of the PS3 controller or PSN at all.
Reply Quote
03/26/2013 12:43 PMPosted by TeejayMac
I'm happy it's coming to console too, I just wish it were Xbox and not PS3. I have so many more friends that play Xbox and I'm not a fan of the PS3 controller or PSN at all.

Bliz and Microsoft aren't friends.
But good luck and here's hoping for you though!
Reply Quote
D3 will probably be a fun game for a short time on the console. But, in my opinion its a $15-20 download on the playstation store and nothing more. There is no depth to it, no story, no real replay value, graphics are nothing special, and I can't even imagine how you're going to gear your character with such a bad RNG system. There isn't even any CGI worth talking about! They practically look like cave man drawings!

For a console game it is slacking pretty hard.
Reply Quote
03/26/2013 01:15 PMPosted by KradisZ

Can't you wish it were on both and not one or the other? How about, I'm glad its only on PS3/4 just so you can't play, because I don't like you or your group of friends at all.
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 01:27 PMPosted by Vaeflare
In summary...everybody is entitled to their own opinion, and this is mine. I thank Blizzard for working so hard on making a version that's going to allow me to play with my PS friends as well as continuing to work on the PC version at the same time. I'll be out there farming and leveling, because unlike some of these people...I enjoy it.

Blizzard has a long history with console games, and the goal with bringing Diablo III to the PlayStation is really about opening up the world of Sanctuary to players who prefer a couch over a desk chair. We know that console games aren’t for everyone, though, and we certainly respect that not all players who’ve purchased the game for PC will want to buy the PlayStation version. That’s totally okay. :)

Even so, our console team has been hard at work adapting Diablo III for the PlayStation platform and making sure that all of the important elements of the game feel great when played using a controller. We’re actually completely re-developing the UI, controls, and camera for the PlayStation 3 so that everything feels natural and looks awesome on a big TV screen. We’re really happy with how that whole process is coming along and we're excited to demo some of these snazzy changes at PAX East in March.

How about you put that same effort into the PC version for your existing customers.
Reply Quote
03/26/2013 01:29 PMPosted by Hazekiller

Can't you wish it were on both and not one or the other? How about, I'm glad its only on PS3/4 just so you can't play, because I don't like you or your group of friends at all.

I didn't say anything along those lines, just Microsoft and Blizzard has their disagreements.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]