Diablo® III

I love that D3 is coming to my PS3!!!

All i have to say is finally a game for me and my son to play at the same time family bonding at its finest lol!! gamers for life gen to gen!!
Reply Quote
[quote="79785210572"]As a result, the characters on your Battle.net account and PlayStation account will also remain separate.

Was seriouslt looking forward to playing Diablo3 on My PS4 when I buy it. Guess its a no buy for me then, can't be arsed to start over again.
Reply Quote
When I saw the thread title. All I could see is sarcasm.
Reply Quote
so has there been any news on when we can see this come out or the ps3/ps4, and will there be a demo/beta for it too?
Reply Quote
it will make no money. DIABLO HAS NO STORY? whos going to grind diablo on PS3 when they can explore a new amazing story from another game.. Thats what consoles are really for..
Reply Quote
It was probably posted on one of the 9 pages of this thread, but unfortunately i don't want to comb through every page. So, my question is, will it be the same battle.net account to sign in on the ps3? meaning will my account carry over to the ps3 and have all my characters on the big screen? or would i have to purchase the ps3 d3 version and start over
Reply Quote
04/25/2013 03:18 AMPosted by Killswitch
It was probably posted on one of the 9 pages of this thread, but unfortunately i don't want to comb through every page. So, my question is, will it be the same battle.net account to sign in on the ps3? meaning will my account carry over to the ps3 and have all my characters on the big screen? or would i have to purchase the ps3 d3 version and start over

Killswitch, did you even search the blue posts in this thread?

Your answer is the 2nd blue post... Took me literally 3 seconds to find it before id even found your question.
Reply Quote

While we think cross-platform play would be awesome, there are currently no plans to allow connectivity between PlayStation Network and Battle.net (this is pretty standard for most games that have PC and console support). As a result, the characters on your Battle.net account and PlayStation account will also remain separate.

In terms of allowing an analog controller hookup for the PC, we don’t have any plans for that kind of support right now. Similarly, since Diablo III for console was designed with a controller in mind, the PlayStation version of Diablo III will not support USB mice or keyboards.

Though it hasn't been a huge issue for most, controller support for PC has been talked about, and it is something that lots of players would like. Now that the PS3 version is coming and has it, why can't the PC crowd have it, too? The game seems to have been designed with a controller in mind anyway with the number of skills available at a time. Even some developers have been quoted around the internet saying they love the way the game feels with a controller. I'd like to experience that, but I already bought the PC version.

More importantly, though, is an offline mode. It really can't be that hard to have a mode that is completely disconnected from anything online. No AH of any kind, no multiplayer, and no interaction of any kind with "online" characters. I understand that for PC players just about everything is handled server-side, from monster locations and health to drops. It might have been a big job to make all of this happen client-side. Well, that job is largely done. PS3 players will have all of that handled by their PS3, not your servers. So what's stopping that from being an option for PC players now? When there is server maintenance or the Blizzard servers are down for reasons we don't even know, it would be nice to be able to still be able to play. It would be nice to be able to play on a laptop from anywhere, even if there's no wifi in range. PS3 users will never have downtime to deal with for their version of Diablo 3. I'd like to experience that, but I already bought the PC version.

Also, the droprates being determined with the AH in mind is devastating to the game. With the rampant gold inflation, high end items are not likely to ever be seen by most players. They will never drop for them, and they will never be able to pick up enough little gold piles to afford the ridiculous prices. The answer most have is to learn to flip on the AH to make gold faster. Sure, that works, but all it's really doing is contributing to the problem by keeping prices higher than they need to be. I'm sure Blizzard's answer would be to spend some of my real money to get the edge I need, but that's not happening. I paid for the game, I shouldn't have to continue to pay to enjoy it. That's why I don't play WoW or any other MMO with monthly fees. If the PS3 version doesn't have an AH and it's droprates are adjusted accordingly, a PC offline mode should be the same way. It would be nice to play a non-AH diseased game. I'd like to experience that, but I already bought the PC version.

I know that you are a customer service rep and none of these decisions are in your hands, but those in charge need to be made aware that seeing the game PS3 users are getting is like a slap in the face to the PC users. I'd much rather have that version of the game, but I think it's ridiculous to be expected to pay for a game a second time to get features that should be available in the one I already own (or have a lease to play, whatever).
Reply Quote
I have a problem with 'it's pretty standard in the industry', one of the reasons I love blizz so much is that you are industry leaders, not have you broken the mold in many cases, but you've recast the mold to be the standard for others.. how about we see a little innovation from the company we expect it from, and make psnetwork and battle.net integration happen? I would actually play D3 more often than I do on a console, but I don't like the idea of having to purchase it all over again just for a different play setting...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Is the Play Station version of D3 going to be linked with the characters that I have already capped on my pc? Can I continue playing my pc characters on my Play Station?
Reply Quote
05/27/2013 10:11 PMPosted by Voroth
Is the Play Station version of D3 going to be linked with the characters that I have already capped on my pc? Can I continue playing my pc characters on my Play Station?

No.. They have no plans to connect psn to b.net

So its like pay again to play the same game with just a few tweaks on controls and gameplay.
Reply Quote
You sir are not a true diablo person. Diablo is all about making that wrong choice and having to remake you character. Console and diablo 3 shall never be mixed. I'm just glad I got cheated out of what could have possibly been an amazing game. Just think we are all beta testers for this game in console!
Reply Quote
I just can't believe how bad the movement speed is. It's bad enough on PC, but looks even worse with a controller.
Reply Quote
the PS3 camera is prettier than the PC one.

05/28/2013 12:02 AMPosted by Dizztroyer

Blizzard has a long history with console games, and the goal with bringing Diablo III to the PlayStation is really about opening up the world of Sanctuary to players who prefer a couch over a desk chair. We know that console games aren’t for everyone, though, and we certainly respect that not all players who’ve purchased the game for PC will want to buy the PlayStation version. That’s totally okay. :)

Even so, our console team has been hard at work adapting Diablo III for the PlayStation platform and making sure that all of the important elements of the game feel great when played using a controller. We’re actually completely re-developing the UI, controls, and camera for the PlayStation 3 so that everything feels natural and looks awesome on a big TV screen. We’re really happy with how that whole process is coming along and we're excited to demo some of these snazzy changes at PAX East in March.

Hey instead of porting the game to console how come you guys didn't fix all the problems d3 has. Like the !@#$ty itemization, or the fact that i have to turn legionaries into brimstones to craft rares....Or how about adding new game content and not the same boring maps.

k thx

because putting it on consoles makes them money and fixing problems doesn't

was that really so hard? what a useless comment
Edited by Lethlora#1659 on 5/28/2013 12:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Because of this console poop our PC version was dumped down like hell, it was designed around consols, (4players/4 skills/auto pick stats/all skills) all this for consol gaming community where you dont need to think.
Reply Quote
Agreed horizon. It could have been much better!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Oh brother >.>
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]