Diablo® III

Witch Doctor help/advice

Hey guys! I just reached 60 as WD a day or so ago and I gear myself up with the little gold I had and I would like to know what you guys think? Obviously my gear isn't the best, but I'd like to know what you guys would change and if my skill set is good? Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate this guys!

My build:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DwaineCinco-1503/hero/30991630
Reply Quote
View profile
Good start. Every person has a different playstyle... by the looks of things you are probably running lower MP levels when farming. With low level farming and your dps output, you might want to try getting a cheap Thing of the Deep and run with GI/GF/SV with Acid Cloud/Acid Rain as a main attack and see how you like it. You will be able to get your runs a little faster.

Also, I'd look into getting 24% movement speed on your gear at some point. That means either getting a pair of Lacuni Prowlers or Inna's Temperance. Lacuni might be the cheapest for you now (doesnt have to have crit chance) since your pair of Strongarm Bracers are terrible for a WD. Using a Strength Strongarm is not beneficial for you.

Hope this helps ya out.
Reply Quote
I'm liking where you're heading, and I think you did a pretty good job rounding yourself out.

Your Build:

Personally I'd drop Gruesome Feast, for something like Spiritual Attunement. Reason being, is because you have no pick up radius on any of your gears, so you probably wont be picking up enough health globes at a time to make the mana and damage gains worth it. In all likeliness I think it could pose as a death sentence if you go out of your way to pick up globes for the sake of dps and mana rather than healing. You could also pick up a thing of the deep and solve that issue rather quickly. Those globes love to drop in the most inconvenient of places, but that could just be my luck.

Severance is an interesting choice of rune for your spirit walk, though I think it would be more effective to go with Jaunt or Healing Journey. Typically when you find the need to pop Spirit Walk, it's to make an escape, not to rush into a bunch of enemies to do damage, and you're already using Vengeful Spirit on your Soul Harvest for some suicide run damage output.

In terms of gearing, I'd probably look to increase your vitality some more, and the easiest place I think you could get that is in a 200+ vit Zunimassa Chest.

Next up, I'd get a pair of int strong arms, with vit. I don't think you're doing enough damage to nuke things to warrent losing EHP for movement speed and IAS, and you're already too low in crit to sac the 4.5 for ias. Personally, I'm a huge fan of the EHP on Strongarms, and I'm sort of using mine as a benchmark for trying to craft bracers.
Edited by DonBukka#1245 on 2/23/2013 4:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
What's so good about The Thing of the Deep? You both recommend it and I don't really know much about the item...
Reply Quote
Why do you recommend the 24% move speed?
Reply Quote
Thing of the deep has an inherent +20 yards to pick up radius. This will allow you to pick up both gold and health pots from pretty far away. Also, this will allow you to use the Grave Injustice passive. Grave injustice will reduce the cooldowns of your skills by 1 second for every enemy killed within your pickup radius, in this case would be 20 yards for just 1 item slot. It also returns 2% of your life and mana for every enemy killed as well.

Pair this up with stacking speed skills like Spirit walk, Horrify with stalker rune, and angry chicken, and you can end up with a pretty fast moving witch doctor. This sort of set up is great for low mp exp and item farming.
Edited by DonBukka#1245 on 2/23/2013 4:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
Do you not think my offhand is good with my build? and I should look for a thing of the deep w/high intelligence instead? I just don't want my damage to suffer if I go for something like that you know?
Reply Quote
Thing of the deep comes with 8 to 8.5 Crit Chance. Find one with similar average damage, and decent int, and you'll come out way ahead in terms of damage, even despite the set bonus int loss.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/23/2013 04:03 PMPosted by DwaineCinco
Why do you recommend the 24% move speed?

movement speed is capped at 25%... so it is a waste to dedicate more than 2 items with movement speed. Increasing your movement speed to 24% will allow faster farming times, better mobility, and will allow you to keep pace with friends. You'll also see bigger speed boosts from speed buff skills (spirit walk, stalker, angry chicken, speed shrine) Decreasing farming times = more gold and items = faster to upgrade gear = getting to godly gear faster = paragon leveling faster.

SO the question remains... why WOULDNT you want 24% movement speed? (especially with those crappy strongarm bracers... it's very easy to go with lacuni and not notice any dps drop)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]