Diablo® III

Cain's Fate Plan

Where are the likely places to drop the Cain's Fate plan. Normal Act 4? Nm Act 1?

Where have you found yours?
Reply Quote
View profile
Haven't found it myself, though I'd love to find more set and legendary crafting plans. Even if they're primarily for use for lower difficulty settings, I'd still like to craft them at some point. And they're not account bound results either, so they can be given to new characters once they're crafted, which is nice.

Would love to find out where to farm for them.
Reply Quote
Legendary Plans are really legends, a lot harder to find than legendary items.

About the drop spot, no one really knows.
One could just say they drop where ilvl 25 can be found but that's not very accurate. I've seen people claiming they've found the plan at Act II Hell and also on Inferno at some point. I can't tell you for sure 'cause I've never found the plan myself.

It would be very, very helpful if Blizzard released some official information about drop rates and/or monster loot charts. But unfortunately as the game is currently being changed in a lot of ways, these informations are not very solid yet and Blizzard won't be releasing it for now.
Edited by Darkness#1980 on 2/25/2013 9:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
Normal Act 2 & Act 3.
it's more towards the end of Act 2(Zulton Khulle, Black Soulstone quest) and beginning of Act 3(Ghom). Atl east that's where people have said to find it.
Edited by henry#1793 on 2/25/2013 9:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
Normal Act 2 & Act 3.
it's more towards the end of Act 2(Zulton Khulle, Black Soulstone quest) and beginning of Act 3(Ghom). Atl east that's where people have said to find it.

Hmmm I am confused now. Leroic's Signet is a L14 required and it drops in Normal Act 2, Cain's Fate is L22 required, can it drop in the same L14 area? I wonder.

"Haven't found it myself, though I'd love to find more set and legendary crafting plans. " Yup, really wish some of these early character development plan would drop more frequently like the plans for the others that are dropping more now. I bet the new BOA plans that drops are really successful as a gold sink. Myself spending more than I thought I would in crafting hence my renewed search for set and legendary plans.

Anyone willing to share where the Cain's Fate plan is likely to drop?
Reply Quote
Leoric's Signet can drop in VOTA but is very highly unlikely too, that's why most peoples guides say only go up to the Path of the Oasis for it. Desolate Sands all the way up to Ghom are more likely to drop ilvl 20+ items, which is why you search there.
Edited by henry#1793 on 2/25/2013 8:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 08:19 PMPosted by henry
Leoric's Signet can drop in VOTA but is very highly unlikely too, that's why most peoples guides say only go up to the Path of the Oasis for it. Desolate Sands all the way up to Ghom are more likely to drop ilvl 20+ items, which is why you search there.
Noted and thanks.

Also found this reply, "cains fate dropped for me in nightmare act 2, in one of zoltuns caves just before server restart" Post#4 link here http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5208112023
Reply Quote
Yah I read someone else found Aughild's Victory / Asheara's Uniform in inferno a few days ago, I forgot which one it was but both are low ilvl plans.
Reply Quote
"The plans to make the legendary set called "Cain's Honor"
dropped for me on: ACT III - NORMAL LEVEL - AZMODAN"

Note: Cain's Fate replaces Cain's Honor.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4209931636?page=3 Post#44
Edited by Miruko#1932 on 2/25/2013 9:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
don't bother with it.

I found a legendary plan at plvl 91. its the FIRST. my friends who are plvl 100 never found any either.

the odds of legendary plan is probably like 1 in 1mil elites killed
Reply Quote
don't bother with it.

I found a legendary plan at plvl 91. its the FIRST. my friends who are plvl 100 never found any either.

Pre 1.07 patch I would agree with your 1000%. However Blizz have upped plans drop by 400% with patch 1.07.

a) It give you an indication of pre 1.07 plan drop rate - ridiculous rate
b) with 400% it might be a little more possible - That's why i am giving it a try
c) Its hard to understand Blizz cuz plans should drop more so that players can craft and its a really good gold sink as well - again this seems to be jay wilson era.
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 09:42 PMPosted by Miruko
Pre 1.07 patch I would agree with your 1000%. However Blizz have upped plans drop by 400% with patch 1.07.

Yes, they improved the plans drop rate but only the regular ones. Legendary Plans remains as hard as ever (a Blue confirmed this)

Good luck on finding one. If you do, don't forget to let me know where.
Reply Quote
theoretically if you found the plan, would you learn it, or sell it? I am torn as to how I would approach it, how valuable would the plans be?
Reply Quote
I found lost boys in crypts inferno
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 11:07 AMPosted by papadanko
theoretically if you found the plan, would you learn it, or sell it? I am torn as to how I would approach it, how valuable would the plans be?

I would learn it, no doubt.

How many can say that actually have found this plan...
Reply Quote
the cain's fate in RMAH actually sell for 90$!wow
Reply Quote
don't bother with it.

a) It give you an indication of pre 1.07 plan drop rate - ridiculous rate
b) with 400% it might be a little more possible - That's why i am giving it a try
c) Its hard to understand Blizz cuz plans should drop more so that players can craft and its a really good gold sink as well - again this seems to be jay wilson era.

so roughly 6 weeks later. how's your luck?
Reply Quote
I found my plan in Field of Slaughter mp10 normal.
Reply Quote
Well Cain plans sell for 1.4b last I looked. I have found 4 legendary plans, but none after I went to Inferno.
Reply Quote
I found it at the AH but not able to pick it up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]