Diablo® III

Are CMs or Players creating questions for AtD2?

"We are working on a new set of questions for “Ask the Devs” that revolves around itemization..."

Based upon this quote, it sounds like the CMs (or other Blizzard representatives) are creating the questions for Ask the Devs 2 and not the playerbase. Can we get a clarification as to the source of the questions for AtD2?

02/25/2013 08:30 PMPosted by Grimiku
We wouldn’t dream of giving up on the players, in fact we are planning to tackle one of the more frequent community discussions. :) We are working on a new set of questions for “Ask the Devs” that revolves around itemization, a very popular subject here on the forums. We’re looking at doing this in March, and are very excited about the opportunity to provide some answers and insight about this subject to the community.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7979938616#19
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Based upon this quote, it sounds like the CMs (or other Blizzard representatives) are creating the questions for Ask the Devs 2 and not the playerbase. Can we get a clarification as to the source of the questions for AtD2?

Thank you for asking this question, and I'm happy to clarify. Players will generate questions, and vote on the ones they want to see answered. When that phase is over the community managers will compile the popular questions and send it to the developers for answers. Once we have put that all together in a digestible manner and translated the responses for all of our regions, we’ll will post a big summary in the forums (like we did here.)

The Ask the Devs blog can be found here, and has the details for how it will operate. Just keep in mind that it has not been updated to reflect itemization as the subject yet.
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 07:22 PMPosted by Grimiku
When that phase is over the community managers will compile the popular questions and send it to the developers for answers.

Answers similar to the PR garble in the first Q&A will be unacceptable. Just give us straight answers - no smoke and mirrors and especially not lines like "We agree, however...". Itemization is arguably the top major issue so do not blow it.
Edited by Hypersonic#1142 on 2/26/2013 7:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
"We are working on a new set of questions for “Ask the Devs” that revolves around itemization..."

I wondered if anyone else caught that too. It is in my opinion, stop asking the devs and deliver patches to fix bugs and generate new content. I (have) enjoyed the game but there simply is not enough (meaningful) new content to keep me interested.

I keep hoping and wishing though...
Reply Quote

Thank you for asking this question, and I'm happy to clarify. Players will generate questions, and vote on the ones they want to see answered. When that phase is over the community managers will compile the popular questions and send it to the developers for answers. Once we have put that all together in a digestible manner and translated the responses for all of our regions, we’ll will post a big summary in the forums (like we did [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7895009644"]here[/url].)

The Ask the Devs blog can be found [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8520755/"]here[/url], and has the details for how it will operate. Just keep in mind that it has not been updated to reflect itemization as the subject yet.

There is so much to be desired on the subject of itemization. How much time will we have to compose our questions? I would prefer at least a few days to prepare a question for this.
Reply Quote
Guys,

Please visit my thread - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7979378968#3

I hope we can all come up with the questions that we all want to be answered during ATD 2.

Thanks,
Jaque
Edited by Jaque#1514 on 2/26/2013 7:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 07:45 PMPosted by Highborne

I wondered if anyone else caught that too. It is in my opinion, stop asking the devs and deliver patches to fix bugs and generate new content. I (have) enjoyed the game but there simply is not enough (meaningful) new content to keep me interested.

I keep hoping and wishing though...

ARPGs are not MMOs.

Content is so secondary to the item finding and character building.

It is players like you who have ruined D3 as all you WoW kiddies need more content all the time, whereas real ARPG players don't care about the content, but play for the fun of finding items and making a character.

Agreed.. Though future content will be appreciated, it's a secondary issue.. Address and fix the itemization first and foremost. Then worry about giving something else to do.. We already have "Ubbers" and new crafting. But something to add to the future of the game in an xpac would not be under-appreciated..
Reply Quote
Edited by Skunkleaf#1838 on 3/5/2013 7:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
You guys already forgot about the first "Ask the devs?" Not only will we learn nothing new, but the questions will be chosen by Blizzard. This is wrong.
Reply Quote
What good is a Q&A for itemization if the devs aren't planning to make any huge changes and leave item stats to be as boring as they are now?
Reply Quote
Why are there always conspiracy theories in everything that happen in this forum? XD
Reply Quote
And that's why I no longer participate in giving constructive criticism for Blizzard games. Simply getting overlooked due to them answering the questions that are just easy to get away with. I put a lot of work into providing great feedback for this game ever since F&F closed beta, but I've been ignored every single time due to spam posts or the sheer fact that the only people upvoting posts are from huge communities banding together. There is no place for people like myself in this community, just a bunch of fanboy nerds who are up Blizzard's butt constantly asking all the wrong questions like bug-fix questions about a certain class.
Reply Quote
Because at the moment its more important to look how you like in Diablo 3 rather than having any actual endgame content(apart from grinding act3 for centuries), it all makes sense now...
Reply Quote
1.0.8 will fix the itemization?? the ask to the devs is for question about patches or not? :S
Reply Quote

Thank you for asking this question, and I'm happy to clarify. Players will generate questions, and vote on the ones they want to see answered. When that phase is over the community managers will compile the popular questions and send it to the developers for answers. Once we have put that all together in a digestible manner and translated the responses for all of our regions, we’ll will post a big summary in the forums (like we did [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7895009644"]here[/url].)

The Ask the Devs blog can be found [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8520755/"]here[/url], and has the details for how it will operate. Just keep in mind that it has not been updated to reflect itemization as the subject yet.

I am from EU, but since blues there are close to extinction, i will post here hoping for some attention. Previous Q&A effort was almost a joke. The rule about keeping the post till it reaches its limit makes some sense. But the popularity of questions with the approach you take is a free ticket for making this whole Q&A as you please. Except if you can justify a reasoning behind, how this 'popularity' works, as community is unable to vote any more for the questions after the post reaches its limit and its locked.

So you open a post (that its going to reach its limit within hours) and ask community to vote, but within a window of those hours and even then most people till they read all the questions, they will be unable to vote due to the post being locked. More or less, the first questions are 'votable'. If this is not a straight laugh on our faces regarding our 'communication' with devs through Q&A system, then i am waiting for another description of the situation from your side.

ps : english not my native language, so apologies for any misunderstandings :)
Edited by kounamouta#2573 on 2/27/2013 1:46 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]