Diablo® III

Origin of the templar order

I suspect that the Kormac's templar order descended from Inarius' Cathedral of Light. The order ranks such as "Inquisitor", "Grandmaester" sound similar to Cathedral of Light counterparts. Furthermore, we learned in act 3 that the templar order was trying to forge angelic weapons to be used against angels of the High Heavens. Inarius was wary of forces of both the High Heavens and the Burning Hell. So i think Cathedral of Light turned into the Templar order after Sin War to protect Sanctuary from both angelic and demonic forces.
Reply Quote
Isn´t the templar just a renaming of the paladin from Zakarum?
Even if it isn´t, I think it was a dull thing to introduce. There is no difference between the characters, and everybody assumes that it is a paladin anyway. It could have been a knight from Khanduras or some other kingdom/lordship.
I figure "templar" sounded cool and other game franchises uses them as well.
Reply Quote
I think that is possible, but it is heavily implied, by the templars dialog that the older is corrupt, just how corrupt is up for debate, but they lied to the templar and made him believe he had committed some type of sin, when he had done no such thing, it sounds like what happened to Zakarum when the lord of hate corrupted them.
Reply Quote
I don't think that paladins are templars. I've always thought that the paladin's order consists of knights and nobles of Westmarch("Knights of Westmarch").Moreover the templars are "The ends justify the means" type of guys like Inarius' Cathedral of Light fanatics. The fact that they are prepared to fight off angelic invasion while most humans are ignorant of such dangers implies that their leader is very knowledgable about the Heavenly forces.
Also do you guys remember what Zoltun Kulle said to our heroes in Act II? He said "I am many things,Templar, but i am no liar.With all the secrets I learned over the centuries, the truth is far more entertaining.For example, would you like to hear of the true origins of your order?" This statement heavily implies that the templar order has far more sinister origin than we expect
Edited by Spookybud#1137 on 3/5/2013 6:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
Even if it isn´t, I think it was a dull thing to introduce. There is no difference between the characters, and everybody assumes that it is a paladin anyway. It could have been a knight from Khanduras or some other kingdom/lordship.

The Templar Order and The Zakarum are 2 totally separate factions. Not to mention different sides of the map.
Reply Quote

The Templar Order and The Zakarum are 2 totally separate factions. Not to mention different sides of the map.

Ok, kind of like crusader knights and the knights templar?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]