Diablo® III

Storm Armor & Hydra questions

Okay... Since this game was cleary made for complete casuals and provides 0 in-depth skill explanation I must try my luck here (before I spend my gold on EQ I don't need):

Storm Armor
1) Does the dmg benefit from Increased Critical Strike Chance / Damage?
2) Does the dmg or ammount of storms generated benefit from Increased Attack Speed affix?
3) Does the dmg or ammount of storms generated benefit from weapon BASE attack speed?

Hydra
4) Does the dmg or ammount of shots generated benefit from Increased Attack Speed affix?
5) Does the dmg or ammount of shots generated benefit from weapon BASE attack speed?

I would be thankful for any insight since Blizzard doesn't give a crap about it - you can faceroll mp10 without any skill knowledge anyway :P
Edited by Dako#2201 on 3/1/2013 5:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
Storm Armor
1) Does the dmg benefit from Increased Critical Strike Chance / Damage?
2) Does the dmg or ammount of storms generated benefit from Increased Attack Speed affix?
3) Does the dmg or ammount of storms generated benefit from weapon BASE attack speed?

1) : -Yes
2): -No. 1 Shot/~1sec
3): -Number of storms no: See question 2). Amount of dmg /storm yes. Higher base dmg weapons hit harder. (Slower AS with the same DPS)

Summarized: It shoots ~1/sec in every gear, cc and cd are affected, And it depends on the weapon hit/crit (without AS).
Reply Quote
Thank you v-much.

Waiting for rest :)
Reply Quote
Hydras ignore any CD over the base 50%, their damage is based on everything else including attack speed, but they too attack at a fixed rate.
Reply Quote
Thank you.
Reply Quote
Tbh you're the casual this game was made for
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 11:56 AMPosted by pabrt

That was rude. Do you know everyone else's life situation and how much actual time they can spare to playing a videogame? Judgmental!
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 11:56 AMPosted by pabrt

This game is just too weak to spend more time on it - it provides 0 challenge and I only play it because of RMAH.

Furthermore a player with 50 in-game hours spent is just as good as player with 5 000 hours spent in-game when it comes to D3. It's all a matter of $ you can put into it.
Edited by Dako#2201 on 3/1/2013 1:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
Guys I need a clarifcation:

Does Attack Speed affix from armour etc affect damage of Storm Armor OR Hydras? Will they deal more dmg if I stack attack speed affix?

And another question: does crit CHANCE or hit DMG affect Hydras in ANY way?
Reply Quote
Guys I need a clarifcation:

Does Attack Speed affix from armour etc affect damage of Storm Armor OR Hydras? Will they deal more dmg if I stack attack speed affix?

And another question: does crit CHANCE or hit DMG affect Hydras in ANY way?

Does Attack Speed affix from armour etc affect damage of Storm Armor OR Hydras ?
Answer:

Storm Armor -- NO (Lightning have fixed speed, that is 1 hit per second).
Hydra - Yes (Hydra have fixed speed, but higher attack speed translate into higher damage, because it base on sheet dps without any cc/cd gear)

does crit CHANCE or hit DMG affect Hydras in ANY way ?
Answer: NO

Hydra is useless for highend game, but it is uselful pre-level 60, or pre-50kdps.
Edited by huanAK#6843 on 3/3/2013 5:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
does crit CHANCE or hit DMG affect Hydras in ANY way ?Answer: NO

Some of the hydra runes can crit, so they are affected by crit chance. You're correct about the CD though. I know Arcane hydra crits, and it uses your own crit chance.
Reply Quote
Thank you guys :)

Too bad I can't find such info in-game or on the D3 site :(
Reply Quote
Hydra is NOT useless in the "highend" game if you know what you are doing.

Frost Hydra is the #1 Cold Blooded / snare applicator in Arcane Dynamo builds due to its 15 second duration means fewer attack turns / AD stacks wasted compared to Blizzard. Only costs 15 AP, making it infinitely more efficient than Blizzard too.
Edited by DoctorDoom#1357 on 3/4/2013 9:40 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]