Diablo® III

Infernal Machine Question

The following is a noob question, you have been warned.

I created 3 machines last night and all 3 lead to the Rak/Ghom battle. I assume this was just bad luck?

The bosses you face are random when you cast the portal correct?
Reply Quote
If you open them all in the same game, then it should open all three, and not three of the same one. If you create one, remake game and create another, then yea, you can end up having the same one.
Reply Quote

I created 3 machines last night and all 3 lead to the Rak/Ghom battle. I assume this was just bad luck?

Yes and No. Every time you open a new game you can open up to 3 portals., which if you do will grant you all of the 3 different bosses.

If in turn, which is what I think you did, you open 1 portal per game you 33,33....% of opening a different boss portal, in your case you got a streak of 3 Rak/Ghomm fights (the easiest of the 3 über bosses).
Reply Quote
Perfect, thanks for the help!
Reply Quote
Community Manager

Yes and No. Every time you open a new game you can open up to 3 portals., which if you do will grant you all of the 3 different bosses.

If in turn, which is what I think you did, you open 1 portal per game you 33,33....% of opening a different boss portal, in your case you got a streak of 3 Rak/Ghomm fights (the easiest of the 3 über bosses).

Ravlaor is correct about the portals. When you begin a new game, you have a one in three chance at opening each of boss portals for the Infernal Machine (the Realm of Discord, the Realm of Chaos, and the Realm of Turmoil). If you remain in that same game and you and your party members use each of your three Infernal Machine keys, you are guaranteed to fight each of the three different pairs of bosses.

However, if you leave that game and enter another game, you will once again have a random chance to fight one of the three possible pairs of bosses.
Reply Quote
Are you kidding me.... Wow I'm dumb. I've wasted so many portals lmao......
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 05:42 PMPosted by IllIllllIllI

You're not dumb, you just didn't know the mechanic of it. No shame on that!

Good luck on your HR crafts!
Reply Quote
I have never even fought an uber in my life. Hell, only have 2 keys (both terror).
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 05:42 PMPosted by IllIllllIllI

Don't feel bad, I have some friends who play 100x more than me and they were doing the same thing. When I told them to just stay in the game and use all of their machines they were mad because they had wasted so many and never knew you could do that. I watched videos on Youtube of Uber fights before the patch went live so I knew ahead of time.
Reply Quote
actually if you position yourself where the portal is going to be then that portal opens lol

dont think anybody know about this lol
Reply Quote
actually if you position yourself where the portal is going to be then that portal opens lol

dont think anybody know about this lol

This is false.
Reply Quote
You can also use the random spawns to your advantage if, for whatever reason, you're doing it on lower than MP10. Doing that, random walk becomes an issue. You can end up with an excess of one material, and a deficit of another, even though you've killed them all the same number of times.

So a way to deal with this once it's gotten a bit out of hand, is to start opening/killing portals until you get the one you need, then leaving.

So if you need Maghda/SK, you open a portal. If you get them first, you kill them and then exit game.

If you get them 2nd, you kill both portals then leave.

And if they're third, kill 'em all ;)

By doing this, your % of machines spent on Maghda/SK will increase.
Edited by Tiakatt#1643 on 2/22/2013 8:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
Another dumb question, if you have 3 portals open, do you need a new game to open more or can you do another three in that game?

have not been game to try it.
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 10:13 PMPosted by Eribuss
Another dumb question, if you have 3 portals open, do you need a new game to open more or can you do another three in that game?

You would need to start a fresh game.

It's best to get 5 stacks of NV, then kill the Keywarden, then kill the 3 Ubers, then reset.
Edited by ExzoSSG#1169 on 2/22/2013 10:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 05:53 PMPosted by Nikolai

This is why I love HC! People seem generally more considerate on this side of the fence.
Reply Quote
This is why I love HC! People seem generally more considerate on this side of the fence.

This guy asked nice and got nice answers. Doesn't matter if HC or SC players responded.
Reply Quote
02/23/2013 09:22 AMPosted by travboat

The guy who posted that comment doesn't have an HC character in his profile.

Anyway, I don't think that HC people are necessarily nicer. I'd say it's a more mature subset of the player base for sure, and we're probably more collaborative because we need to be, but I think that's as far as it goes.
Reply Quote
You can also use the random spawns to your advantage if, for whatever reason, you're doing it on lower than MP10. Doing that, random walk becomes an issue. You can end up with an excess of one material, and a deficit of another, even though you've killed them all the same number of times.

So a way to deal with this once it's gotten a bit out of hand, is to start opening/killing portals until you get the one you need, then leaving.

So if you need Maghda/SK, you open a portal. If you get them first, you kill them and then exit game.

If you get them 2nd, you kill both portals then leave.

And if they're third, kill 'em all ;)

By doing this, your % of machines spent on Maghda/SK will increase.

All well and good, except for;

If you are doing this in a group of four, the chances are that the other 3 don't share your lopsided collection of body parts, rather, they have more of another body part.

If you are doing this alone, the absurd design of it costing you 4 times the amount of machines just removed the advantage you were trying to achieve with your 'selective' portal opening.

Bad design is bad.

LFG 3 more people heavily abundant with eyes, completely short of spines, medium on the other.
Prepare to need to get 5 stacks after every spine fight, PST.

Shocking design, for a really bad ring (most probably).
Edited by Anuhart#2131 on 2/23/2013 11:43 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]