Diablo® III

Offline mode for Diablo III on PC

(Locked)

What I will say will probably gets flamed by haters but here's my opinion on topic.

I believe it is greatly unfair for 'us' PC users that we will not be able to enjoy offline mode in Diablo III when PS3/4 users will.

I do understand reasons behind it that Playstation players can play offline on sherd screen with up to 4 people, that pirate version will decrease sells and that computers are easier to get hacked/scammed/cheated and what not.

I don't understand however how in some magic way duped items from offline mode would transfer themselves on blizzard servers. Anyway we have booters/scammers and all duped items all over auction house anyway just look at the forum threads or ah itself.
I don't understand why after so many months after realise of the game and selling more than 12 million copies worldwide and beating sales record in fastest selling game ever blizzard is still worried about sales so much that they punish players who actually will enjoy it.
I don't understand why I can not enjoy Diablo when I'm away and when I don't have access to Internet( I do travel a lot). And most of all I do not understand why blizzard take away possibility for players to simply express themselves by allowing them access to developers tools and creating modes for our game (which some of them where great in Diablo 2).

In all I believe it's unfair to treat some costumers with bigger care and I really hope that blizzard will reconsider allowing pc users playing offline in future patches/expansion

If you agree please sign up.

All the best.
Edited by oOHYSTERIAOo#2863 on 2/26/2013 10:27 AM PST
Sign. All versions should have single player offline.
/sign ^indeed
View profile
It would be in Blizzard's best interest to allow offline play (less servers/bandwidth). It would not be in the players interest for offline play to be allowed (at least the players who want a somewhat legit experience). Sure bad things happen even while the situation can be tightly controlled (online play). The problem would be several orders of magnitude more prominent if people get their hands on the disassembled binaries that control item dropping and whatnot. It only takes one look at D2 to realize that what we currently perceive to be "widespread botting" and "rampant duping" are very much relative.

Don't like it? Thank the "Diablo Community" for their constant efforts to circumvent control mechanisms, steal intellectual property and scam others until they get their way.

-1 because I enjoy hearing people complain about things they don't understand (or possibly helped cause).
Read my topic, pc will never get offline mode. It stops pirated versions of Diablo 3 from being playable w/o paying. A offline version would give pirates the ability to play w/o paying. Diablo 3 for pc will NEVER get offline mode. Oh, and your topic is going to be locked for making a petition.
-1 because I enjoy hearing people complain about things they don't understand (or possibly helped cause).

i.e. you
and online only does not stop people from playing d3 for free, where do poeple get this !@#$?
02/26/2013 09:54 AMPosted by !@#$water
and online only does not stop people from playing d3 for free, where do poeple get this !@#$?

I'm a day 1 buyer, but i'll sit here and wait for you to download a copy and tell me you can play online with the rest of us. Go ahead, I'll wait.
02/26/2013 09:47 AMPosted by Etirus
Read my topic, pc will never get offline mode. It stops pirated versions of Diablo 3 from being playable w/o paying. A offline version would give pirates the ability to play w/o paying. Diablo 3 for pc will NEVER get offline mode. Oh, and your topic is going to be locked for making a petition.

Great reasoning of yours. So all the games should come out as on line only play becouse of the piracy? This is ridicules. Blizzard already sold 12m + copies and making huge profit. Allowing people to play offline shouldn't be a problem as on line experience is the best you can have.

For me it's just silly that instead of fighting piracy the have decided to take lazy road and just pull a plug and say "that's it no off line for anyone (except people on PS =_='') problem solved) shame.
Petition = locked thread.
let me tell you clear, no one really gives a fk.
02/26/2013 10:26 AMPosted by Zuzax
Petition = locked thread.

What petition? ; )
02/26/2013 10:28 AMPosted by Diurnal
let me tell you clear, no one really gives a fk.

Maybe you don't but I do and from forums I know that some other people to. So stop trolling if you don't have anything interesting to say and stay out of it.
I believe an offline mode will appear some years after all expos are released

theres no way an offline mode gonna happen now
While I still believe anti-piracy measures should not cause collateral damage and that they should take a hard stand against punishing their legitimate customers in any way, no matter how few are affected, the main thing I would be looking forward to in an offline mode is a complete overhaul of the item-hunt game. Imagine this crazy scenario: set items and legendaries of appropriate level would occasionally... drop from enemies! As would items of increasing level and power that would regularly upgrade your gear as you went along! To the point that you could beat inferno difficulty without having to buy anything on an auction house or farm for decades! Wow. What a spectacular game that would be.
02/26/2013 09:46 AMPosted by PantlessKrab
It only takes one look at D2 to realize that what we currently perceive to be "widespread botting" and "rampant duping" are very much relative.

it also takes one not stupid close-minded fool to realize that's 12 years ago, as if technology didn't advance at all.

Newsflash: you have a license to play diablo 3 you don't own any game btw. You can thank online-only for that. Whereas my copy of Resident Evil 5 on my PS3 is a game I actually own. OH and same with Diablo 2.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 2/26/2013 10:41 AM PST
I really enjoy the fact that no one !@#$%es about offline modes for any other game.

No one whines about it in WoW
No one whines about it in Rift
No one whines about it in SWTOR
No one whines about it in PoE (why?)
and the hundreds of other games that don't have an offline mode.

But, for some strange reason, it's a huge point of contention for some Diablo 3 fans -- apparently D3 is the only game they play that requires a constant / active connection.

-V
Edited by Volstag#1337 on 2/26/2013 10:43 AM PST
offline mode is terrible. please do not add this to the pc version.
I really enjoy the fact that no one !@#$%es about offline modes for any other game.

No one whines about it in WoW
No one whines about it in Rift
No one whines aouut it in SWTOR
No one whines about it in PoE
and the hundreds of other games that don't have an offline mode.

But, for some strange reason, it's a huge point of contention for some Diablo 3 fans -- apparently D3 is the only game they play that requires a constant / active connection.

-V

WoW - MMO
Rift - MMO
SWTOR - MMO
PoE - I wouldn't mind an offline mode, but then I wouldn't be able to participate in races or cutthroat league or bandit griefing or get bandit griefed.
D3- why the fk not, it's entirely non-competitive.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 2/26/2013 10:44 AM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]