Diablo® III

Being attacked during cutscene

Had just killed the Seigebreaker and proceeded through the yellow portal door to go on to the quest to kill the demon hearts. A cut-scene comes up and because this is my first time through with a Demon Hunter, I was watching it. Half way through the cut-scene, it stopped and the "You have died" screen came up.

Luckily this was not a hardcore character, but battle shouldn't be happening when you are watching the cut-scene. There is absolutely no indication or sound that battle has commenced. Obviously an elite group of monsters just happened to be close to the entry point, on the other side of the yellow portal door.

Solution: Game should automatically be frozen, as if you pressed the Escape key during normal play, until the cut-scene is finished playing. Or, the character does not land on the other side of the yellow portal door until after the cut-scene plays (simple switch of the two Jump Subroutines).

Please consider this for the next patch.

-------------------------------------------------

Also: When cut-scenes play, the Diablo 3 program immediately goes black and then will start playing it after about a second. If you were moving or a follower was talking, it cuts it off and dumps to the cut-scene. This is always unnerving because the exact same thing happens when any running program all of a sudden fails and exits to desktop.

Solution: Use a transit style of display when going to the cut-scene, i.e. a slow fade out.

For your consideration.
Reply Quote
Here is another thread on this problem: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5638010003
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]