Diablo® III

IMPORTANT NOTICE

I just hit 60 on my wizard progressing through Hell and i equipped several million worth of gear.

As i was figthing Diablo in the shadow realm i got hit with a bone prison and my hydra finished the fight. When it went to the third phase i continued to be stunned where i could not activate diamond skin and my anomaly popped and i stayed until i died.

Please name off other retarded broken mechanics that may have killed you in the past.
Reply Quote
And a quick look through the forum reveals that I'm not the only one that got stomped but bad game design.
Reply Quote
I think they were having server problems this morning.

Around the same time I was in Act2 in town and all of a sudden nothing worked -- I could still move but couldn't portal, couldn't open my stash, etc. I quit the game, restarted, and when I went to the gates of Caldeum to talk to Asheara, there was no Asheara. In fact, there were no gates! I bailed out of that game too and I'm still alive.
Reply Quote
2 in one day... rough for wizards
Reply Quote
Is that a server issue? I'm really disappointed because i had just woke up and gained level 60. all the money i had spent is gear was on my wizard and i lost is to this nonsense.
Reply Quote
02/28/2013 04:21 AMPosted by Montresor
Is that a server issue? I'm really disappointed because i had just woke up and gained level 60. all the money i had spent is gear was on my wizard and i lost is to this nonsense.

JCRUZ's issue sounds like he was just about D/C, but your issue is more of a programming issue.

It's happened to me before and it hasn't been fixed for a long time. Sometimes when he prisons you you're ok and other times you're not. I think the distinguishing factor is that he has to die when he picks you up and you are in the air. After that you get teleported to the next stage perma-stunned constantly taking damage as if you were still lifted in the air taking damage from him. I have never died from this because I would always just exit the game if this happened.

Sorry for your loss.
Reply Quote
Dude,
Sorry to hear of your loss! Hang in there!!
Reply Quote
i died in the sme way bro. i ported to town, left computer, came back, clicked on stash and nothing happened. clocked on wp to bring up wp menu, nothing happened. force close D3, re-log in.....RIP
Reply Quote
Anyone know if servers are back to normal?
Reply Quote
This has been happening for a while, on my first WD some barb joined our public game and was helping us out. This was about 3 months ago, he got cough in those bones in shadow real and on phase three he could not move, perma stunned. Luckily no one was a nub and protected him. I dont think its a server issues, I would guess its a game issue.
Reply Quote
As far as I know this bug has been in the game since the very beginning- it's annoying that it still hasn't been fixed. RIP.
Reply Quote
RIP, very frustrating to die due to a bug.

I'm wondering if there should be a stickied post of known bugs and workarounds. I bet this could be avoided by not fighting Diablo with skills that can continue to deal damage while you're incapacitated (like Blizzard, Hydra, and half the other Wizard skills). Of course you should never have to do this, but you only have to kill Diablo 3-4 times per character so it might be worth it just to avoid the risk.
Reply Quote
RIP, very frustrating to die due to a bug.

I'm wondering if there should be a stickied post of known bugs and workarounds. I bet this could be avoided by not fighting Diablo with skills that can continue to deal damage while you're incapacitated (like Blizzard, Hydra, and half the other Wizard skills). Of course you should never have to do this, but you only have to kill Diablo 3-4 times per character so it might be worth it just to avoid the risk.

Why go out of your way and change your skills to prevent this from happening when you could just as easily not change your skills, be aware of the issue, and simply take the extra precaution to not get caught in his cages especially when he's about to die? This also is not just an issue of skills, it happens if you are caught and your allies kill Diablo. If it happens just exit the game and retry.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Hardcore)
View profile
If you're playing in a solo game, you can hit pause and wait for 3-4 mins until the bug times itself out (from what I've read in other threads). Thank goodness I've never encountered this bug myself, but I don't ask for trouble by fighting Diablo unnecessarily, either.

I strongly recommend that people who experience this report it in the Bug Forum so they get it fixed!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386229/

Also, it sounds wise to quit the game right away, if you can survive the 10 seconds of damage while exiting (especially if that's the better chance you have than the more certain death of him killing you over the longer term of not being able to act at all for 3-4 minutes or whatever.) Use a potion if you can before you exit if your life is depleted at all.

This bug is stupid and should have been fixed 7 patches ago!

Galx
Reply Quote
Perhaps mention this in the bug forum as well if you have not done so already.
Reply Quote
I had that happen to my barb. Luckily they killed Diablo before i died. I got caged in the shadow realm, went back to the normal realm and was frozen, could not move.
Reply Quote
This happened in a game with me and a buddy like 2 hours ago.

he got caged in shadow realm, i defeated that diablo as he had my buddy in his hands.

ported to last stage of diablo fight, and he was perma stunned.

I believe he was at 160 health, when i killed diablo :) thank goodness, and sorry for your loss

Glory To Your Fallen!
Reply Quote
I'm always scared to kill Diablo. I'm scared to death to help friends in hell and inferno on D b/c of this. This happened to me twice in SC luckily so I was well aware of this "bug"

It's a sad way to die, RIP
Reply Quote
You spent several million on gear? I just got to inferno with 100% self found/crafted. You dont need the damn AH bro. Hell i just popped the wretched queen and some vile wards popped out of her @$$. Ditch the AH it is way more fun rip to your wiz though, sorry to hear it.
Reply Quote
this is exactly how my first hc wizard die 9 months ago
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]