Diablo® III

Legendary Farming

Just got through inferno act 4 on no monster power, and have (I think) the gear to really start getting into some farming. I was looking to farm legendaries, either for gold AH or RMAH or even to use, if the roll is right.

What should I be farming, and what build should I be using?

From what I've gathered A3 on no MP is best, so a confirm or deny, with an opinion would be great on that.

Aside from that, I've tried the Thunderstrike HOTA build and also whirlwind sprint builds, and both seem to go semi-decently.

I have a nice Skorn and my currently equipped DW weapons set. I get a bit higher Damage with Skorn equipped, but found I can't quite run WW with it, since I just don't get the crits to keep fury up.

Basically, any suggestions on a next improvement, and what build should I run to farm legendaries in no MP A3 (if it is indeed the best place to farm them.)

-- Screamshot
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
Should be farming exp for para lvls.

Use what ever build you can kill the fastest with. Run the Alk route. If Leg's drop .. they drop.. 99.99% of them are crap anyway..
Reply Quote
What route is the "Alk" route exactly?
Reply Quote
http://www.diablowiki.net/Alkaizer_Run . Popularized by alkaizer, a barb who first made it to plvl 100.
Reply Quote
Farming for legendaries seems to be pointless. I have been running the Alk run since I finished inferno and I have got about 3 legendaries so far. All crap. The only reason for me to play is to level up.
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 11:59 AMPosted by mkumar
Farming for legendaries seems to be pointless. I have been running the Alk run since I finished inferno and I have got about 3 legendaries so far. All crap. The only reason for me to play is to level up.

Personally think Legendary farming is way better at higher MPs.

Now with the XP boosts, I would say the general rule is to go to a MP level where you can kill elites in less than 25 seconds. That is where you should be farming XP and legendaries.
Reply Quote
I farm the alk route in mp1. What route/mp levels do you use?
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 12:35 PMPosted by mkumar
I farm the alk route in mp1. What route/mp levels do you use?

I typically farm act 3 (same runs everyone else does) sometimes VoTA runs when I'm bored.

Currently I am farming MP7
Reply Quote
MP7....I will probably need a major upgrade to my gear to be able to do that. Any suggestions on what I can change in my setup? Also, how many legendaries to you typically see in a run?
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 01:53 PMPosted by mkumar
MP7....I will probably need a major upgrade to my gear to be able to do that. Any suggestions on what I can change in my setup? Also, how many legendaries to you typically see in a run?

I see about 2 or 3...I have gotten 7 in one run before but I think the stars were aligned.

I do have those runs though where i don't get one like a few runs in a row. RNG...but the higher the MP the MORE gear that drops. Volume + Speed = best runs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]