Diablo® III

Looking for good PVP guide.

Hi all,

I've been searching the forums for a good PVP guide for monk but haven't had much luck. I haven't brawled much, but from what I've learnt - need lots of life/vit + spirit regen + high dps skorn on gear. How about optimal skill set to use vs each class? Having trouble with rend from barb and haunt from WD especially. Advice on fighting styles? Need a well geared and experienced monk to guide us in PVP tactics . . .
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
mortal,
the best pvp guide, is yourself.

'nuff said.
Reply Quote
I thknk ndr is most important in pvp, it basically save u a lot of time from 1 shot lol.

basically my skill for pvp them is like this when fighting wizard, wd, and dh.

1. blinding flash, with faith in the light, this is crazy damamge, blow them off in second.
2.sss, with sudden assault, when they are running circle, give them this, usually this skill is ohk.
3. dashing strike with stunt, this is the best skill to chase them! and when u are lucky, also can one hit kill.
4. mantra of conviction, with submission, not bad, can kill ppl with your aura lol.
5. serenity, our only panic button, use it wisely!

if vs barb or monk, best is ss with cyclone, super good damage!

till now the hardest to me is wd, as they can invisible 2 time, and real long, so get ready your dashing strike, hand be fast, once strike, blind they dead, if they not dead u are dead, and sss also is the magic that turn the macth around. time it nicely, once the wd run, strike them with sudden assault, 99% is ohk
Edited by MINIKONG#6191 on 2/22/2013 12:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
I thknk ndr is most important in pvp, it basically save u a lot of time from 1 shot lol.

1. blinding flash, with faith in the light, this is crazy damamge, blow them off in second.
2.sss, with sudden assault, when they are running circle, give them this, usually this skill is ohk.
3. dashing strike with stunt, this is the best skill to chase them! and when u are lucky, also can one hit kill.
4. mantra of conviction, with submission, not bad, can kill ppl with your aura lol.

till now the hardest to me is wd, as they can invisible 2 time, and real long, so get ready your dashing strike, hand be fast, once strike, blind they dead, if they not dead u are dead, and sss also is the magic that turn the macth around. time it nicely, once the wd run, strike them with sudden assault, 99% is ohk

LOL 8k elite kills 2b+ gear. Being rich must be nice.
Reply Quote

LOL 8k elite kills 2b+ gear. Being rich must be nice.

how u gauge my gear?
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 12:30 AMPosted by MINIKONG
how u gauge my gear?

lol.

That mempo alone costs 400-800m on a good day. No way a 1 character paragon 22 can afford those. Not to mention those perfect gems that cost 24m a piece. :)

I'ts all good anyway, i'm not against rmah. Each to his own. :) Just pointing out how easy it is to gauge your gears over time spent playing. :)
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 12:50 AMPosted by ZRaiyne
how u gauge my gear?

lol.

That mempo alone costs 400-800m on a good day. No way a 1 character paragon 22 can afford those. Not to mention those perfect gems that cost 24m a piece. :)

I'ts all good anyway, i'm not against rmah. Each to his own. :) Just pointing out how easy it is to gauge your gears over time spent playing. :)

I thought my meepok cost 2b, as I am trying to sell at that price
Reply Quote
Meepok! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mee_pok
Reply Quote
View profile
PVP pro tip:

try to punch the other player as much as you can while trying not to die.
Reply Quote
I haven't done enough brawling to write a guide, but here's my two cents.

This is my current PvP build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#dagYjh!ZXU!baYaYa

I'm always starved for Spirit, so I use all the cheap skills.

I start off by dashing in and blinding. The blind is great for marking DHs and WDs while they are invisible. If the opponent starts to unleash their cooldown skills, I pop Serenity so their skills are wasted. Otherwise, I save Serenity for emergencies like when I get hit by Haunt. The Ally is there to hopefully take a few hits and hexes for me. Fleet Footed is essential for helping to chase down those dang DHs and WDs.

I currently use my farming/leveling gear for PvP, but I plan on putting together a PvP-specific gear set in the future.

Cheers!
Reply Quote
I've found using life per spirit spent helps a tonne and can hold my own against all classes and different builds. My gear setup and current build do quite well, of course if I were richer I can do better but gotta do what with what you got hey.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]