Diablo® III

CM wizz need Meteors.

All CM should drop explosive blast and get meteors..... more crits, more aoe coverage and it decimates
Reply Quote
Attack turn.
Reply Quote
2aps
Reply Quote
lol

Before you make broad sweeping statements about build dynamics, you should first familiarize yourself with game mechanics.
Edited by Veda#1190 on 2/25/2013 12:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
Meteor over explosive blast? No thank you.
Reply Quote
Attack turns / lose frame advantage.
Reply Quote
frame advantage? as in losing FPS? Get a better PC chump. Secondly I am well aware of game mechanics. Meteor shower is way better than Explosive Blast Hands down. Tested. Done Did it.
Reply Quote
I dunno what technical jargin your saying. Doesnt really matter to me either way. I tested both builds same runs. Same MP Meteors is better.
Reply Quote
I really hope this guy is intentionally trolling....
Reply Quote
I'd like to get some clarification on this as well. How good is cm-meteor vs sns? I've tested meteor a few times but did not like it enough to switch to it. It's certainly flashy and cool but in terms of actual killtimes and efficiency, didn't work out for me. With SNS, I frequently get 10x+ since elites come in packs, 20x multiplier+ spikes...I've heard the 'meteor build is the best' phrase a lot more often that I would expect so it'd be good to have the comparison somewhere.
Reply Quote
OP obviously doesn't understand why EB is in the standard CM/WW builds. It's not that meteor is "bad"... I run it instead myself. Better than EB though? I wouldn't say so. Spike-ier dps output (probably higher when it does spike), but not as smooth and consistent. At best you might be able to say they're maybe equal, but I'd think EB probably still comes out on top for non-dps reasons.

-dolynick
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuPygenktTY

I demonstrated both EB and Meteors in the video, including during ubers. I personally couldn't tell the difference, but I "felt" like EB was more consistent in damage because you always hit your targets. Meteor is certainly more flashy and people just love the visuals in group play ;]
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 2/25/2013 3:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
The reason EB is better than Meteor:

1. It has higher proc coeff
2. It does not take an attack turn

Number 2 is a BIG deal. To understand what this means, start channeling a spell (like ice lazer), then cast EB. Ice lazer still channels because EB doesnt need a turn to be cast.

EB = more twisters + more novas + more shards = better damage output than meteor
Edited by EigenVector#1828 on 2/25/2013 3:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
Um another wiz expert from trade chat comes to the forums to show off their "knowledge"
Reply Quote
or you could simply take both.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#VhPYXO!gYW!YcYYcZ
i tried this and it works ok, but i do agree that stopping to cast meteor is a pain. theres no denying that meteor hits like a truck, tho

Edit: you can drop GC for conflagration and get a fire based meteor to proc cold blooded, and not lose your resistances. forgot about that.
Edited by DarkTemplarX#1775 on 2/25/2013 7:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
you need a lifesteal weapon

nuff said
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 01:19 PMPosted by Carnac
I'd like to get some clarification on this as well. How good is cm-meteor vs sns? I've tested meteor a few times but did not like it enough to switch to it. It's certainly flashy and cool but in terms of actual killtimes and efficiency, didn't work out for me. With SNS, I frequently get 10x+ since elites come in packs, 20x multiplier+ spikes...I've heard the 'meteor build is the best' phrase a lot more often that I would expect so it'd be good to have the comparison somewhere.

Not that great, for starter's its takes a skill slot which usually is devoted to something else. Secondly even though yes it does a ton more dps total that EB it does take an attack turn. That being said using meteors as a replacement for ET in the standard cm/sns build might actually be end-game viable now.

I have quite a bit of experience trying to get meteor's as a replacement for ET. Currently even with my gear in profile the best I can do is mp 5 which isn't great, also I am ap starved when using shower/molten impact/comet/(un-runed). Liquefy and Star Pact are the only 2 that I think could actually be used as a replacement with end-game gear. At my current point EB is actually giving me more ap back per cast than it costs. Which If I had zero cooldown on it would fuel my meteors even more. That being said I am going out a limb here and gonna say again APS is important for meteor's it's just secondary to total crit chance.

P.s. I can infinitely cast against any single target with my current gear using SA/pinpoint using Liquefy or starpact. Which although my gear has changed slightly my Crit chance and Aps have stayed the same So something is vastly different with Apoc post 1.07. Because the same exact gear i could do at most 7~11 chained casts.
Edited by Harrowing#1449 on 2/25/2013 8:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
I've used this set up look up my specs for my wizzard I never run out of arcan power with my set up!and the metor set up gives a garenetee crit Aoe hit! just wish i didn't have to give up teleport! might change it up tho!
Reply Quote
EB DOES NOT TAKE AN ATTACK TURN.

AN ATTACK TURN
AN ATTACK TURN
AN ATTACK TURN
AN ATTACK TURN
AN ATTACK TURN
AN ATTACK TURN
Reply Quote
I heard EB doesn't take an attack turn
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]