Diablo® III

can anyone confirm the following

how close to my party do i have to be for the following things?

-shrines(this is the only one i know, just have to be on the same level)
-gold drops
-item drops
-NV stacks
-exp

anyone know? i'm always paranoid if i can't see my party on the screen i won't get item drops, but i've always wondered if there were times where i was on the other side of the map and a legendary dropped for me near the party and i didn't see it because it was off my mini-map. anyone know for sure?
Reply Quote
confirm .... LOL
Reply Quote
Why are you not with your party?
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 11:06 AMPosted by Atenolol
confirm .... LOL

?
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 11:07 AMPosted by BLKDRGN
Why are you not with your party?

-die and revive at beginning of map and they've moved off screen
-go back to hit a chest or pick up an item and they're off screen
-stupid parties splitting up where two go one way and two go another way

etc
Reply Quote
Sorry, you missed quite a few of the best items when your friend decided to go off killing on his own.
Reply Quote
-nv stacks : i think you actually have to hit the elite/champ pack to get an nv stack. I noticed when the party is killing them and your in town you do not get the stack.
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 11:45 AMPosted by Shawzie204
-nv stacks : i think you actually have to hit the elite/champ pack to get an nv stack. I noticed when the party is killing them and your in town you do not get the stack.

i know you don't get them in town, but i'm pretty sure they just have to be on your mini-map still to get the stack.
Reply Quote
any solid answers?
Reply Quote
how close to my party do i have to be for the following things?

- XP

This is dated and specifically discusses XP. But here ya go.

Basically, the distance is 2/3 of the distance from the player making the kill to the edge of the minimap.

Picture and discussion here.
http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?821656-Co-op-experience-radius

I thought reddit.com/r/diablo had some research as well. I'll keep looking.
Reply Quote
Here is a Bashiok Tweet:

He says a screen and a half to be counted for drops and XP.

https://twitter.com/Bashiok/status/166765857983307776
Reply Quote
cool man, thanks for the info. i appreciate it :)
Reply Quote
Shrines have a huge range, I'm pretty sure as long as you are on the same map everyone will benefit from it. I've been affected by one from several screen distances away.
Reply Quote
One and half screen max away. If legendary drops, it will show up on mini map.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
In order to get the benefit of XP from another player in co-op, you’ll need to ensure that you are within range of them. The range is approximately a screen and a half or so. You can see what that looks like visually by checking out the following player-made images here and here.

The reach of shrines and NV stacks is much further.
Reply Quote
Vaeflare can you elaborate exactly how far the reach of shrines and NV stacks are?
Reply Quote
I suppose I was just in agreement with the subject of the thread.

REMOVE stat increase for paragon leveling.

(maybe for different reasons).

As far as understanding thought process maybe you're a dedicated player and have a high paragon and are one sided. For the casual player just to get out duked simply because of hours played seems imbalanced to me.

I'm a casual player and I think it's unfair to remove it. They simply have more freedom than I do but that doesn't mean that I won't be getting to that level, so why in God's name would I want them to get nerfed simply cuz I can't play as much as they can?

You're just selfish. You're the one that's being one sided.

And this is coming from a casual player that works 6 days a week.
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 11:45 AMPosted by Shawzie204
I remember this use to be the case, also I have gotten NV stacks from being in town before, not sure what if it was just from me teleporting back to town or not
Edited by henry#1793 on 2/27/2013 4:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
I suppose I was just in agreement with the subject of the thread.

REMOVE stat increase for paragon leveling.

(maybe for different reasons).

As far as understanding thought process maybe you're a dedicated player and have a high paragon and are one sided. For the casual player just to get out duked simply because of hours played seems imbalanced to me.

I'm a casual player and I think it's unfair to remove it. They simply have more freedom than I do but that doesn't mean that I won't be getting to that level, so why in God's name would I want them to get nerfed simply cuz I can't play as much as they can?

You're just selfish. You're the one that's being one sided.

And this is coming from a casual player that works 6 days a week.

uh...think you replied to the wrong thread.

also wow, a blue actually responded to a thread of mine. cool, haha. thanks for the info, vae! glad to see you guys care enough to respond to the players.
Reply Quote
In order to get the benefit of XP from another player in co-op, you’ll need to ensure that you are within range of them. The range is approximately a screen and a half or so. You can see what that looks like visually by checking out the following player-made images [url="http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?821656-Co-op-experience-radius"]here[/url] and [url="http://gaming.stackexchange.com/a/71161"]here[/url].

The reach of shrines and NV stacks is much further.

Is the range for loot the same as for XP or NV?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]