Diablo® III

password works everywhere except diablo

86 Orc Hunter
Okay what the heck is going on here...

I can log into my WOW account, and I can log onto battle.net with my password and authenticator, but it won't let me into Diablo, it says my log on info was incorrect error 3. This happened a week ago too so I reset my password and authenticator. Resetting all that made it work and I could log into Diablo, but now a week later it's doing the same thing. Shouldn't my password be the same for battle.net, WOW, and Diablo?
Edited by kittor#1536 on 2/27/2013 6:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Ninjasauce,

Are you sure you logged in to Diablo III a week ago? I see a couple of attempts on the 7th but no actual logins or character use since December 2012. I issued a reset to the account for you. That may be all it needs so could you try it again please?
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
If the reset did not work...see below

There is also Malware out there than can block the login process. It tries to trick you into removing the Authenticator and then they use your keylogged info to get in. This is not common, but it is something you might as well rule out just to be on the safe side. Also, never remove an Authenticator without doing the steps below.

1. Download, install and update Malwarebytes (free version is fine). Run a FULL (not quick), scan with the game up and gibberish in the login fields. Some malware only activates under those conditions.
2. When done, run a FULL virus scan with an up to date virus scanner.

If all that checks out, then you can hopefully cross malware off the list of possible causes for your issue.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
im having the same problem...
Reply Quote
86 Orc Hunter
okay sorry maybe not a week ago but not a terribly long time ago, nonetheless one week or one year i should hope my password works on all the same games for the same account :P
Reply Quote
86 Orc Hunter
okay I tried again and its the same thing, I can log into wow but it says my info is incorrect for Diablo. (sorry I took so long to reply shortly after my initial post I had a family emergency)
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Ninjasauce,

Could you try the suggested steps in this support article?

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/error-3?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=support_forums&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS
Reply Quote
86 Orc Hunter
issue solved! I did what misscheatah suggested and scanned for malware, and it found 8 that my Norton antivirus has missed! soon as i fixed the problem I was able to log into diablo with no hassle!

im lucky my account didnt get hacked
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Glad to hear it was solved! Be sure to change your password again now that the PC is clean. That includes your passwords for your email, bank, and anything else important! Follow good password security rules and don't use the same password for any site :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]