Diablo® III

bind on account crafting!! we need moar!!

i fell in love with the idea you could craft your own upgrades in the form of account bound gears.but where are the archon fauld account bound recipes? or even archon greaves

or archon helms or even class specific recipes for weapons helms and offhands ??

please blizzard make it happen in a near future
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We’re pretty happy with the way the Archon recipes have turned out, but we’re just keeping an eye on things for now. That said, while we don’t have any plans at this time to add additional BoA items or crafting recipes, we think they can be meaningful addition to the game (if done right) and certainly aren’t opposed to doing more in the future. We’re glad to hear they’ve made your time in Sanctuary more enjoyable. :)

On a personal note I’m also very happy with the Archon recipes, since I like looking for a variety of raw materials, recipes, and items while slaying demons.
Reply Quote
The problem, OP, with adding more BiS crafting recipes is that it starts to make rare drops from farming inconsequential. Right now the only two BiS rare items that can drop from farming are rings and 1h weapons. That's totally fine, since currently there are a few slots with BiS legendaries, a few with BiS farmed rares, and a few with BiS crafted rares. But upsetting that balance too much makes things too one-dimensional, which I think you could argue is bad for the game.
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 03:50 PMPosted by Mandlebarb
The problem, OP, with adding more BiS crafting recipes is that it starts to make rare drops from farming inconsequential. Right now the only two BiS rare items that can drop from farming are rings and 1h weapons. That's totally fine, since currently there are a few slots with BiS legendaries, a few with BiS farmed rares, and a few with BiS crafted rares. But upsetting that balance too much makes things too one-dimensional, which I think you could argue is bad for the game.

ah is bad for the game so easy to address it amasses me that dollars decide to go that route
Reply Quote
We’re pretty happy with the way the Archon recipes have turned out, but we’re just keeping an eye on things for now. That said, while we don’t have any plans at this time to add additional BoA items or crafting recipes, we think they can be meaningful addition to the game (if done right) and certainly aren’t opposed to doing more in the future. We’re glad to hear they’ve made your time in Sanctuary more enjoyable. :)

On a personal note I’m also very happy with the Archon recipes, since I like looking for a variety of raw materials, recipes, and items while slaying demons.

Respectfully - You guys have it WRONG.

We do not want BOA items in this game. They belong in a game like World of Warcraft. This is a hack n slash, dungeon crawler item trading game.

You destroyed the economy when you released the archon plans.

Please do not release anymore BOA plans - the majority of the community do not want them.

I have not crafted a single BOA item because I do not want to aide in the destruction of the economy.

No to BOA in D3.

Kind Regards,

Boneitis.
Reply Quote
The economy was already destroyed. We needed a way to remove lots of gold from it.
Reply Quote
Respectfully, BoA works great. The craziness of trading has overtaken the game. The recipes right now serve exactly their purpose: people got back to playing the game rather than playing the AH.

Therefore, please release more BoA plans - the majority of the community approves them.

Yes to BoA in D3.

(Dunno why you think you can speak for the majority of the community, so I just did the same.)
Reply Quote
I would love to see ilvl 63 class-specific weapons with a socket + 5 random affixes.
Since you hardly pick up class-specific weapons now, it would still keep the balance of farmable rares.
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 04:12 PMPosted by Boneitis
I have not crafted a single BOA item because I do not want to aide in the destruction of the economy.
lol really ?
Reply Quote

We do not want BOA items in this game. They belong in a game like World of Warcraft. This is a hack n slash, dungeon crawler item trading game.

Respectfully, you have it wrong. This is a hack n slash, dungeon crawler item looting game.

I don't really give a crap about the economy. I want to be able to PLAY THE GAME (not play the AH) and get rewarded for it, but NOT because I can take what I got and SELL it on the AH. I want to FIND things to wear, not find things I can SELL, just so I can BUY things to wear.
Absent that, crafting is the next best thing.

EDIT: just took a look at your profile. Goldskin + a ton of GF? Yeah, OK, I can already tell all of the above will be lost on you.
Edited by Maka#2582 on 2/22/2013 4:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9989/infographiclarge.png

wake me up when they find a way to fix that, then I'll care about items being boa or not . . .
Reply Quote
All BOA crafting has done was further ignore the existing crafting system, make the loot hunt even more shallow, and have fewer options for people to sell stuff on the AH/RMAH.

Seems like when people complain Blizzard goes the other way and presents something completely different. People want quality drops but less drops, Blizzard gives BOA crafting items which make more dropped items useless to pick up. People want better legendary/set items? Blizzard spends a ton of time adding affixes to legendary/set items that are too low in level and designs items like Frostburn Gauntlets to be destined for failure while creating super OP items in which rare items can't compete due to lousy, boring affix options.

I created a whole massive post to respond to this thread but sadly it wasn't submitted properly for some odd reason. Pretty much states that BOA items didn't fix problems but created more problems. Crafting rare/legendary/set items still sucks, loot hunt is now worse, and the AH/RMAH will now become even worse then it was.

GJ Blizzard for trying to patch a massive hole with a flimsy band aid. Good luck when the dam bursts and people realize that the game is worse then it was before (in some ways, BOA items did add some good things, but still on the whole it sucks).
Reply Quote

No Im not....
BOA is a mean for casuals to gear up. It helps people to not using AH.
But that doesnt mean we need to set BOA on 50% of the items......
Reply Quote
The economy is fine .. it is just relevant for for 8-9 slots instead of 13. The "Archon slots" have been effectively removed from the economy ... not even worth picking up rares anymore from those slots ... they are crafting slots and I guess that's fine.

So long as we have active trading for the rest of the slots all will work itself out.

The scary part is where he leaves open the possibility of more crafting slots. Opening the rest up *would* kill the economy and likely the game as well.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Priest
02/22/2013 04:12 PMPosted by Boneitis

The economy which you seem to be OK with is so bad that many have opted out of it entirely to go found only. While D3 works fine as a trading game, it now works better as an item hunt and crafting game without any regard to trading at all.

If trading is the one and only endgame that's a bad thing.
Reply Quote
I would have to agree to OP but few things should be considered as well. First we need LEGENDARIES not legendaries, some are just pure brims and not even worth identifying. This would make comparable choices for either pure stats buffs or skills/set bonus specific for that legend. In my case, I still wouldn't trade my Inna's 4 set bonus for gears with 200+ dex each; 5spirit sweeping wind is nice but 10 life per spirit spent and .33spirit regen are just insignificant. (On a second thought, I would choose gears with 200dex if some legends won't be buffed)

Secondly, I'd rather have the materials BoA and the crafted items unbound. Think of it as an incentive for farming; you acquire materials, you craft them and sell them if they're good or upgrade your own. In this way we are limited on how much we can craft and are forced to roll our luck rather than just make pure gold out of materials (It's like re-rolling a rare item by crafting).

PS. buff heal skills :D
Reply Quote

Grimiku,

I am pretty happy with the crafting additions as well. It brought me back playing for a little bit but I know it isnt going to last too long. Keep up the good work and I really hope you guys can do some MAJOR changes to itemization in the future. It needs some major work.

-OldSchool
Reply Quote

Do you have any plans to change the str shoulder pattern? Pretty much every barbarian is just crafting the vitality shoulders since they can roll a lot more total stats than the str shoulder (str shoulder = 330 str 200 vit max, vit shoulder = 300 str 330 vit max).
Reply Quote
I like the crafting. I have been playing my DH almost exclusively for 2 months, but she can't rock high MPs. I know Barbs and Monks can do high MPs and I spent a lot of time finding gear for my monk. I crafted a 2k life, 4k dps and 0% protection change shoulders on my first try and I crafted a bracers upgrade on my 7th try.
Had no such luck crafting 40 pairs of gloves for the DH, but she needs the perfect roll.
Reply Quote
Id love a few more, specificly the class specific armor items. Additionally, why there is no cloak recipy with the new archon recipy's is beyond me. No class is "giving up" class specific stats with the new crafted items except for DH. Shame :(
Edited by Skyqula#2879 on 2/23/2013 12:26 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]