Diablo® III

I don't get multi-platform negativity

02/24/2013 08:49 AMPosted by ZEROCOOL
I'm still so blown away by all the hatred towards D3 . All these people moaning and groaning about how bad the game is , and how much they hate it . Here's a crazy idea , if you dont enjoy the game .....dont play it .

I am blown away that I have spent 60$ like anyone else here and some fanboy's opinion of this game can be voiced while mine apparently can't.

What say you?
Edited by KeyserSöze#1760 on 2/24/2013 8:58 AM PST
02/24/2013 08:57 AMPosted by KeyserSöze
I'm still so blown away by all the hatred towards D3 . All these people moaning and groaning about how bad the game is , and how much they hate it . Here's a crazy idea , if you dont enjoy the game .....dont play it .

I am blown away that I have spent 60$ like anyone else here and some fanboy's opinion of this game can be voiced while mine apparently can't.

What say you?

I had mentioned the negative crap community before....you are getting a taste of that it appears.
View profile
http://i.imgur.com/bxo174u.png
87 Human Paladin
ok first a console cant touch a real pc consoles are limited in everyway tell the next best one comes out where as a pc i want better graphics new card more memory add ram more procssing speed new procssor so on and so farth consoles have one thing a controler? wait i can hook that controler up to my pc. i have an 8120 eight-core processor bulldozer black editon that i have clocked at 4.0 G-Skillz RipjawsX2x 4gbXL DDR3-1866 & 2x 2gbXL DDR3-1333 for my memory and a evga nvidia 550ti gtx video card. now why would i touch a console let alone buy a game for console. only 1 thing hackers. other then that get console players out of here and make better pc games. my pc isnt pro or close its just ok alot of upgrades still to be done but will smash any console out there. pc gamers are that PC GAMERS console gamers are CONSOLE GAMERS true pc users dont even touch consoles cuz they cant compare. some play both me nope true pc to the end.

Sorry but the fact that you bought a AMD Faildozer has you losing any lewgit credidability you think you have...And oh yeah so many games will actually use all 8 of those terrible cores....Try again.....
02/24/2013 09:16 AMPosted by Damy

Wow...pretty much hit the nail on the head...I think many have failed to remember that activision is now the real blizz...I sure had. FML I got duped!
You got trolled by blizzard.

It looks like the next expansion in this game is that will not be adria, diablo, or some archangels as the villain, but blizzard itself.
87 Human Paladin
Sorry people are so dumb.....

Console did not ruin D3...Blizz did...Blizzard could have put every feature we wanted in. It's not a hardware vs. hardware thing. It's a Blizz being lazy thing thanks to Jay Wilson....They knew what the community wanted and they ignored it...Not a console issue...
Edited by GenTsosChikn#1956 on 2/24/2013 9:34 AM PST
1 Blood Elf Mage
02/22/2013 02:50 AMPosted by Japhasca
While we are at a point now where consoles have actually caught up with, and in some situations, surpassed, the average gaming PC,

This is pretty wildly wrong, and the main reason people are upset about the porting of D3 to a console. There were pretty severe limitations in Diablo 3 that seem to be here because of the intent to port to console. I've seen the same thing happen with other games, they take a PC game and adapt it for a console release on the sequel, and the end result is a dumbed down game.

Take Deus Ex: Invisible War (which is old, I know, but applies here quite well). People complained that it was too unlike the original, and weren't happy about the reduced customization, smaller levels, weak story, and lack of multiplayter (pvp, deus ex is a FPS). The devs for that game at least admitted that the shortcomings were the result of it being a pc and console game instead of just a PC game.

Pretty much the same complaints exist in D3. Smaller levels, less customization, weak story, lack of pvp (for months and months, at least), 4 players instead of 8, 6 active abilities instead of being able to hotkey up to like 60. These things certainly could be the direct result of intending to port to console, but I suppose we will never really know because blizz will never admit it. If you ask me, the shoe fits.
View profile
02/24/2013 09:35 AMPosted by Xannish
While we are at a point now where consoles have actually caught up with, and in some situations, surpassed, the average gaming PC,

If you're talking about the wii/ps3/360 gen then maybe if the average gaming PC has 2000's PC hardware.
02/24/2013 09:16 AMPosted by Damy

That thing was breathtakingly stupid when it was first posted, and it still is.

Dragon Age: Origins was a multi-platform game, but no one really thought that it had been "dumbed-down" on the PC. The same goes for both The Witcher and The Witcher 2.

Diablo 3's failings are not a console thing. The reaction to the announcement, however, is a very anti-console thing.
Console is just an easy explanation for why the mechanics in this game are broken.

Realistically, a lot of cost saving measures were made, and it shows. This partnership of Sony with Blizzard only supports that.
View profile
02/24/2013 10:01 AMPosted by Petyr

Dragon Age: Origins was a multi-platform game, but no one really thought that it had been "dumbed-down" on the PC. The same goes for both The Witcher and The Witcher 2.

Diablo 3's failings are not a console thing. The reaction to the announcement, however, is a very anti-console thing.

^^^^^^^^
Console is just an easy explanation for why the mechanics in this game are broken.

Realistically, a lot of cost saving measures were made, and it shows. This partnership of Sony with Blizzard only supports that.

The "console explanation" is easy. It's also lazy, misleading, and inaccurate.
02/24/2013 09:35 AMPosted by Xannish

This is pretty wildly wrong, and the main reason people are upset about the porting of D3 to a console. There were pretty severe limitations in Diablo 3 that seem to be here because of the intent to port to console. I've seen the same thing happen with other games, they take a PC game and adapt it for a console release on the sequel, and the end result is a dumbed down game.

Take Deus Ex: Invisible War (which is old, I know, but applies here quite well). People complained that it was too unlike the original, and weren't happy about the reduced customization, smaller levels, weak story, and lack of multiplayter (pvp, deus ex is a FPS). The devs for that game at least admitted that the shortcomings were the result of it being a pc and console game instead of just a PC game.

Pretty much the same complaints exist in D3. Smaller levels, less customization, weak story, lack of pvp (for months and months, at least), 4 players instead of 8, 6 active abilities instead of being able to hotkey up to like 60. These things certainly could be the direct result of intending to port to console, but I suppose we will never really know because blizz will never admit it. If you ask me, the shoe fits.

Supreme Commander 2 would be an better example even.

less units on the screan, smaller maps, dumped down resource system etc.

Guess what? Console release.
02/24/2013 10:01 AMPosted by Petyr

Dragon Age ... oh well. Compare it to previous RPGs then and tell me its not an worse game. It was meant as spiritual succesor to Baldurs Gate. But it isnt even half as entertaining.

Also funny that you leave out Dragon Age 2 which was A LOT worse then Dragon Age 1. Does anyone even talk about Dragon Age? No. But people STILL remember Baldurs Gate for what it was. An great PC RPG.

The limitation in hardware isnt the only choice publishers and developers do when it comes to console games.

This is not the error of consoles. It is because some believe their target audience to be stupid. To stupid to handle even a bit of complexity, to stupid to buy something because it has not the words "action" all over the place (see Dragon Age 2 ...). Companies like Conami which believe Survival Horror doesnt sell anymore. Or making out of Metal Gear Solid an God of War clone with Cyborgs instad. What happend with Splinter Cell? There are countless more examples. Its almost like the companies today believe their audience to be completely stupid to handle anything else then brainless action. The movie buisness was always shallow where huge brainless cinema earns more, but even here you have sometimes pearls like Matrix or Inception which are a bit more complex then your typical block buster movie. It seems games dont offer the same experience anymore which is one of the reasons why people turn to kick starter projects, crowd funding and projects like PoE. You cant expect more from the big game companies, they ruing them self. Its not the Console, its not the PC. Its lack of vision and creativity, never taking any risks at all and always playing the "save card". OMG! The gamer! Just dont ever throw something new at him! They will only buy something if its CoD!
It's amusing to think that some people actually feel that D3 will suddenly become this fabulous game once it hits the console..

Ask yourself this, how much more work do you think they need to actually make the PC version even decently good? How many more changes? How many additions? Now do you really think these will suddenly make it to console?
02/24/2013 10:58 AMPosted by CrniVuk

Dragon Age ... oh well. Compare it to previous RPGs then and tell me its not an worse game. It was meant as spiritual succesor to Baldurs Gate. But it isnt even half as entertaining.

Also funny that you leave out Dragon Age 2 which was A LOT worse then Dragon Age 1. Does anyone even talk about Dragon Age? No. But people STILL remember Baldurs Gate for what it was. An great PC RPG.

The limitation in hardware isnt the only choice publishers and developers do when it comes to console games.

This is not the error of consoles. It is because some believe their target audience to be stupid. To stupid to handle even a bit of complexity, to stupid to buy something because it has not the words "action" all over the place (see Dragon Age 2 ...). Companies like Conami which believe Survival Horror doesnt sell anymore. Or making out of Metal Gear Solid an God of War clone with Cyborgs instad. What happend with Splinter Cell? There are countless more examples. Its almost like the companies today believe their audience to be completely stupid to handle anything else then brainless action. The movie buisness was always shallow where huge brainless cinema earns more, but even here you have sometimes pearls like Matrix or Inception which are a bit more complex then your typical block buster movie. It seems games dont offer the same experience anymore which is one of the reasons why people turn to kick starter projects, crowd funding and projects like PoE. You cant expect more from the big game companies, they ruing them self. Its not the Console, its not the PC. Its lack of vision and creativity, never taking any risks at all and always playing the "save card". OMG! The gamer! Just dont ever throw something new at him! They will only buy something if its CoD!

Dragon Age, whether you like it or not (and it's pretty apparent that you don't like it), was a very well-received RPG. Was it as good as Baldur's Gate? Probably not. But being that Baldur's Gate and it's sequel are both considered pantheon games, that's not exactly a fair comparison.

Actually, I was hoping that you'd bring up Dragon Age 2. I'd agree that it was worse than its predecessor. That probably had more to do with the fact that it was horribly rushed.

My point is that there have been very good multi-platform games that have not been compromised by being on consoles. When multi-platform games are below par, there's more going on than just a PC game being ported onto consoles.

It's almost like people are arguing that these companies can't make sub-par games, they're just constrained by consoles. With or without consoles, games like Dragon Age 2 and Diablo 3 just weren't going to be very good games.
The argument is that the console versions has already had an effect on the design of the game some time during development. The decision to make versions for consoles meant that several aspects of the game had to be redesigned so that it can accommodate console gamers and as such, it resulted in the game being "dumbed down".

No one is arguing that cross-platform gaming is a bad thing. If D3 turned out to be a really good game, no one would care if they ported D3 over to consoles.

This summarized the whole point.

D3 sucks because it was designed (dumbed down) to be ported to console.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]