Diablo® III

I don't get multi-platform negativity

game is a joke. they force u to play by adding NV buff, which shows normal MF is a joke and u will never find anything unless u give in and clear whole acts..f this game and the forum admins. they are jokes
The ratio between hate and love of this game in just this one single thread is like 10:1.

And not much people who found themselves dislike this game are continuing to hang around here, either. That said, I don't really see any future of this game.

They really betrayed this game's previous installments and Blizzards own reputations for some mere short-term profit.

I wouldn't be surprising if they couldn't sell much of the playstation copies of this game. It's pretty much predictable.
lol 2 blizz game lines to never buy again. WoW and Diablo.
While having those disagreements is fine, blaming console for why they even exist is a pretty poor scapegoat.

Actually... it isnt.
It is pretty obvious that you guys designed the game toward good playability on consoles.
Otherwise we would have a way more complex game today.

PoE is a prime example of fun / complex / individualized gameplay and how it should be in a aRPG designed for the PC.

Right now, Diablo3 is the PERFECT console game to be honest.
But its far far away from a perfect PC titel, with depth / customization / itemization etc.

Its a shame really...
you took one of the most anticipated Games in the last Decade and drove it so massive against the Wall for the sake of consoles. And i think the final PS3/4 sales will prove me right.

Diablo1 on PS1 was a massive failure already, and you didnt learn from it.
Edited by Xeno#2262 on 2/26/2013 1:16 PM PST
ts a shame really...
you took one of the most anticipated Games in the last Decade and drove it so massive against the Wall for the sake of consoles. And i think the final PS3/4 sales will prove me right

I second this. Besides, this game IS not the great experience developers talk of.

Get serious please CM, the term "great experience" is far beyond this simplicity of game you created. Great experience it is, but for 10 year-old kids that are devoted to average graphical adventures and occasional carrots.

Diablo games were conceived to be intriguing, complex and satisfactory. Blizzard, I will believe what you say the day you can demonstrate with facts that you are committed with those three words again.
Saying it was designed purely for consoles is also dumb and a huge strawman as few reasonable people actually make that case. What's being said is that it's clear the direction and design of the game was hi jacked to make it more accessible for the casual gaming space.

Another question I would dearly love to be answered is that if Online only is such a quality feature of the game (and the developers and fans have told us this much for years) then why aren't consoles getting the privilege of such quality?

This. There really isn't an argument against Diablo 3 being streamlined and more "casual-friendly".

The problem is that people wrongly think that casual gaming and console gaming are the same thing. They're not.
02/26/2013 01:52 PMPosted by Petyr
The problem is that people wrongly think that casual gaming and console gaming are the same thing. They're not.

Well, what if some people from that dev think this way too?
02/26/2013 01:54 PMPosted by MisterAjikko

Well, what if some people from that dev think this way too?

We could play the "what if" game forever. I'm not interested in "what if", because it leads people to the same half-baked conspiracy theories that have overrun this forum and others like it.

Blizzard made a sub-par game. People need to accept that. Diablo 2 was made 12 years ago with a completely different design team. The culture of gaming (and gamers in general) has changed significantly in that time. These facts are ignored by people who continue to insist that consoles are somehow at the root of this problem.
honestly it wouldnt be that hard to make this game a game that streatches to every console and everyone could play together if the programmers of every company got together and said lets do this.... it would be amazing..... just imagine how much more money blizard could get if they made there games available to other consoles...... imagine how many people from every different device could play together that is the stuff I dream about at night..... it is about time it comes true....
02/26/2013 01:52 PMPosted by Petyr

Some games are simply not ment for consoles...and vise versa.

I would never play Call of Duty on a console...its a pure PC Titel.
On the other Hand, i would never play Fifa or F1 Racing on a PC..its more fun on a Console.

Its not a matter of "Console gaming" or "Casual Gaming"..
its a matter of what works on what Plattform. And aRPG's arent ment for Consoles.

Try playing a CMWW wizard on a console, with a gamepad...hf with that, really.

02/26/2013 02:06 PMPosted by Petyr
The culture of gaming (and gamers in general) has changed significantly in that time. These facts are ignored by people who continue to insist that consoles are somehow at the root of this problem.

So hey, lets break with every principles we had... and design a game for this crowd.
How well that worked out we can see today. Nobody is playing D3 anymore.

But hey, lets tell everybody "The servers are still full, millions playing D3"... ya right.

When will Blizzard finally take a honest step in the right direction, and release the actual Serverpopulation Statistics ?

How many people got banned over the course of the game.
How many people play at peak times.
How many people play what classes.

But of course...that might show the "real" Health of the game, and that isnt good for business.
02/25/2013 04:17 PMPosted by Lylirra
The argument is that the console versions has already had an effect on the design of the game some time during development. The decision to make versions for consoles meant that several aspects of the game had to be redesigned so that it can accommodate console gamers and as such, it resulted in the game being "dumbed down".

This particular argument is certainly making its rounds. And, in most cases, it's being used to validate the viewpoints of people who disagree with how Diablo III was designed. While having those disagreements is fine, blaming console for why they even exist is a pretty poor scapegoat.

No, the PC version of Diablo III was not designed for console from the beginning. It was developed for the PC with one major goal in mind: provide players with an awesome hack-and-slash computer game that's both fun and engaging. Whether or not we achieved that goal is certainly up for debate within this community, but it doesn't make it any less real or valid. All the decisions we made when developing Diablo III -- including combat, skills, character controls, user interface, and itemization -- were ones we believed would deliver a great experience on the PC, and the same can be said for the improvements we've made since launch. These decisions were not hindered (i.e. "dumbed down") by the development of a PlayStation version or altered to accommodate it.

For clarity, the PS3 version of Diablo III is based on the PC version and will include many of the same features as the PC game, including content all the way up to patch 1.0.7. From there, it's being tailored specifically for the PlayStation platform and will feature changes like a redesigned control scheme, camera perspective, and UI.

So, while there may be some players who don't like how Diablo III was designed for PC, the PlayStation version of the game was ultimately predicated by the PC experience (not vice-versa). If you don't like the skill system, the inclusion of the auction house, or how itemization works, that's fine and we certainly respect those opinions, but please try to attribute those disagreements to the right place. :)

Still D3 today are too simple
(Aside of graphics) It took D1 and D2 gameplay and simplify it more...
02/25/2013 05:28 PMPosted by Lylirra
We believe that many aspects of itemization in Diablo III work great

I respectfully disagree. Itemization in D3 is a glaring failure. I refer you to the following links for a very simple (and correct) breakdown of the one of the major issues.

http://i.imgur.com/h6OUS.jpg
I love the idea of being able to play Diablo 3 on my PS3 or perhaps future PS4, not only allows this for a wider public, but it's also a complete different p.o.v. in my opinion.

+ well, who doesn't like a 40" screen filled with bloody corpses?

I just hope they make it possible so we can play our Computer-version characters, this would be a massive win!

Keep up the good work Blizzard!
Reading this thread makes me wonder if people can discern between their opinion and actual fact. I question it since a number of post seem to get them mixed up; I do hope that this is not a bad habit that translates into the real world.

One interesting part of all of this is the view regarding the CM's and their answers. When given an answer one disagrees with, they will call it lies or whatnot. Try to discredit the person, make up some conspiracy, or something pretty extreme. But, take the same scenario and have the CM's actually proclaim that console version was intended and all the sudden those whom normally attack would believe their word. Curious how many cases that would actually occur.
02/26/2013 03:13 PMPosted by Arthimesia
+ well, who doesn't like a 40" screen filled with bloody corpses?

You can have that right now...just connect your PC to the TV...voila.
Holy hell, this is a lot of really good contact from a blue! I'm glad I peeked into this thread.

I wanted to ask that, since the game wasn't designed from the ground up but rather special attention is being given to improving the interface for consoles qua consoles, can we expect a similar effort to improve the interface for PCs qua PCs? It makes a lot of sense for the controller play to be more character-relative (dodge-rolls and whatnot), but it would be nice to have proper chat windows in the version that has a keyboard.

I think you guys need to ask yourselves why it is that people made this assumption about the development process. It's more than just mean-spiritedness! The lack of proper chat and seemingly arbitrary and backward 4-player limit were jarring before we knew there would be a PS3 version. I love the game and can't wait for some of the improvements, but the fact is that in its current state D3 almost feels ready to release. Good luck pleasing everyone as you improve the game!

And good luck improving legendaries. Hopefully you don't have to make another legacy generation.
02/26/2013 03:32 PMPosted by Nilrem
But, take the same scenario and have the CM's actually proclaim that console version was intended and all the sudden those whom normally attack would believe their word. Curious how many cases that would actually occur.

"whom" isn't just a fancier word that smart people use instead of "who". You should look up how it works, since it's actually fairly easy to get the hang of.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]