Diablo® III

MARQUIS EMERALD, IS IT WORTH IT?

Hi fellow monks:
i have seen quite a bit monks have upgraded their emerald to marquis, 2 on weaps and 5 on armors, i understand the gems on weaps, but cant justify the benefits on armors. How much dps does it give u for 20 extra dex? we are know it is designed to be a gold sink.

so would love to hear your inputs.

thx guys
Reply Quote
I assume around 800 DPS per stone, but my math may be off right now and I am too lazy to open a calc at the moment.
I think it is one of those things where it is very end game, your upgrades are extremely costly and far between, and this is how you blow your extra gold.
Reply Quote
I get around 170 DMG per 1 dex so of benefits me greatly. Upgrading the gems I my armor gave me 28 dex..
Reply Quote
Probably wouldn't be worth it under 200k dps. Gotta remember its 5(or6mil?) to remove marquises from sockets... So I wouldn't bother unless you plan to use that piece for a good amount of time.

EDIT: But looking at your gear and dps, it'll probably add another 2k... help you on your ways to 300k dps
Edited by Bleak#1594 on 2/23/2013 2:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
The $20 it would cost for a Marquise would get you a keyboard with a working caps lock button!
Reply Quote
obviously they are worth it if you're wallet/d3 savings are up to the task
Reply Quote
02/23/2013 01:19 PMPosted by MadSpirt
How much dps does it give u for 20 extra dex?

1. Open your inventory.
2. Click the Details button.
3. Look at the "Damage Increased by Dexterity" line. It will say something like "2188.00%" for a character with 2188 DEX.
4. Add 100% to that figure (e.g., 2288%).
5. Add 20% to that figure (e.g., 2308%).
6. Divide the number from step 5 by the number from step 4 (e.g., 1.0087...).
7. Subtract 1 (e.g., 0.0087).
8. Multiply by 100 (e.g., 0.87).

That's how much better it is, as a percentage. In other words, if you have 1900 DEX, an extra 20 is worth exactly +1% DPS. If you have enough gold to spend it like this, please give it to other players instead.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/23/2013 03:15 PMPosted by Vrkhyz
How much dps does it give u for 20 extra dex?

1. Open your inventory.
2. Click the Details button.
3. Look at the "Damage Increased by Dexterity" line. It will say something like "2188.00%" for a character with 2188 DEX.
4. Add 100% to that figure (e.g., 2288%).
5. Add 20% to that figure (e.g., 2308%).
6. Divide the number from step 5 by the number from step 4 (e.g., 1.0087...).
7. Subtract 1 (e.g., 0.0087).
8. Multiply by 100 (e.g., 0.87).

That's how much better it is, as a percentage. In other words, if you have 1900 DEX, an extra 20 is worth exactly +1% DPS. If you have enough gold to spend it like this, please give it to other players instead.

+1 on that! give that gold away!
Reply Quote
ontop of all said above, remember than marquis are account bound, theres no reselling them, nor will you have anything left over to sell after crafting them. this upgrade is purely a sink and if you dont have that much cash, crafting marquis can leave you stunted on upgrades until you make back the capital to continue trading.

however, if you keep upgrading other peices of gear instead, then your left with gear to sell and the overall drain on your wallet per upgrade isnt too bad.

depending on how much gold i have banked, i just might wait til i feel i've pretty much done all i can with gear before i would upgrade to marquis tier gems.
Reply Quote
02/23/2013 01:57 PMPosted by douchkingxtr
I get around 170 DMG per 1 dex so of benefits me greatly. Upgrading the gems I my armor gave me 28 dex..

Wah... Very nice! But 20M for 4dex? i don't know sounds like lots gold for 4dex.
Reply Quote
worth equip on weapon and life on helm I think....
Reply Quote
Yes. Using them on both my wpns.
Reply Quote
Should be worth it on weapons, once I get my new EF in, I will put in those 2 Marquise Emeralds, should be a 7-8k DPS booster.
Reply Quote
02/23/2013 03:15 PMPosted by Vrkhyz
If you have enough gold to spend it like this, please give it to other players instead.

pick me! pick me! :P
Reply Quote
I am thinking about giving Linden a marquis emerald for his bow.
Reply Quote
02/24/2013 01:17 AMPosted by seansky
If you have enough gold to spend it like this, please give it to other players instead.

pick me! pick me! :P

Your 9IAS/5cc Mempo automatically elevates you to Billionaire status and automatically invalidates any claims for handouts in this forum.

GIVE ME YOUR MEMPO
Reply Quote
just joking shade. :)

im not rich tho, usually sitting on less than 10 mil these days........ drops had been appaling.
Reply Quote
just joking shade. :)

im not rich tho, usually sitting on less than 10 mil these days........ drops had been appaling.

Not only drops are appalling, amulets/shoulders/gloves/chests/bracers cant sell well now, especially mid range gear you could expect 10-100M previously.

Making money has gotten even harder then ever.

BUT YOUR MEMPO MAKES YOU A BILLIONAIRE AND YOUR NATS COMBO
Reply Quote
well i cant deny the nats, but mempo was a drop. So unless i sell it, the mempo wont make me a billionare.

But yeh, oh god the drops. Im so piss poor that i cant finish using the DE i picked up. Atm i have 200 extra DE and no gold to use it lol.

But yeh, if im not rich enuff to make my star emerald into radiant star..... cant see who ill put in a marquis one. :)
Edited by seansky#1859 on 2/24/2013 1:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
seems we have quite a bit discussion going on here. i have to say i m not a fan of marquis emerald on armor now. benefit is not worth the cost, i will upgarde them when i have billions to give away...
Edited by MadSpirt#1717 on 2/24/2013 2:39 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]