Diablo® III

Wizard passives

Seeing as how i know another guy running my exact build, and how cold blooded doesnt stack over 2 wizards, ive been wondering which i should choose to replace it.

Currently running a melee wiz based on CM, because why not lol. Wizards are supposed to be glass cannoney and not able to use CM, so i decided to take neither. Take that Blizzard.

Paralysis seemed ok up front, but it turned out garbage, like 2 spells proc it and it has a real value of like 3% for .5sec, not 8% for 1.5sec.

Conflagration works, but the only skill i have to proc it is Meteor, or spectral blades if i got a good fire damage weapon.

Temporal Flux somewhat works with the arcane damage on my wand, spec blades and meteor+star pact does it quite well.

Prodigy is nice, it fills my AP orb with one cast of spec blades, but i already have a little APoC, so its not very effective.

Not sure if Unstable Anomaly works with CM, which would be OP as sh*t.
More testing reveals that it doesnt.

Arcane dynamo makes Meteor hit like the nerf truck, which is nice, but it only procs once per monster.

Blur is nice, but not necessary. I can tank well enough already.

Glass cannon, illusionist, and the rest are just (ノ°□°)ノ︵ _|__|_ for me.

Why must there be so many choices, why cant they nerf more so i can only choose one to work?
Which passives do you guys like? tell me why.
Reply Quote
oh btw.. talking about passive.. how come once in a blue moon i see a buff icon (the cold blooded icon) on the right of the screen, but mostly it does not appear? Dont tell me all this while it is some how not kicking in for me? :P
Reply Quote
02/24/2013 09:31 AMPosted by Liquid
oh btw.. talking about passive.. how come once in a blue moon i see a buff icon (the cold blooded icon) on the right of the screen, but mostly it does not appear? Dont tell me all this while it is some how not kicking in for me? :P

there is no cold blooded icon. I believe you are seeing something else.

Seeing as how i know another guy running my exact build, and how cold blooded doesnt stack over 2 wizards, ive been wondering which i should choose to replace it.

cold blooded is a personal buff. I don't think if someone else have cold blooded, you will benefit from it. (conflag does).
Reply Quote
I use a similar build to yours but I have a black damage weapon with triumvirate and a cold damage soj so I use both conflagration and cold blooded. I use my blades as my cold damage since they receive %5 cold damage from soj and they also do fire damage. I'd tryout astral presence so you can use more comets and get more use out of cold blooded.
Reply Quote
02/24/2013 09:31 AMPosted by Liquid

Thats probably a monster debuff. buffs appear on the left, debuffs (usually) on the right.

[quote]Seeing as how i know another guy running my exact build, and how cold blooded doesnt stack over 2 wizards, ive been wondering which i should choose to replace it.

cold blooded is a personal buff. I don't think if someone else have cold blooded, you will benefit from it. (conflag does).

Its a global buff, my friends and I have tested this extensively.
Astral presence works for me, but i also have the regen bonus from tal rasha's set. the max AP isnt usually an issue, APoC compensates well.
Reply Quote
02/24/2013 01:16 PMPosted by Fuel
I use a similar build to yours but I have a black damage weapon with triumvirate and a cold damage soj so I use both conflagration and cold blooded. I use my blades as my cold damage since they receive %5 cold damage from soj and they also do fire damage. I'd tryout astral presence so you can use more comets and get more use out of cold blooded.

Is that how that works? i thought the "Adds x% to elemental damage" was boosting damage, like the half-as*ed set bonuses on tal rasha's. Ill look into something like that.
Reply Quote
02/24/2013 05:09 PMPosted by DarkTemplarX

Apparently you haven't, because it only affects the user. It doesn't matter who chills the target, however.
Reply Quote
02/24/2013 05:11 PMPosted by DarkTemplarX

Is that how that works? i thought the "Adds x% to elemental damage" was boosting damage, like the half-as*ed set bonuses on tal rasha's. Ill look into something like that.

Adds x% to elemental damage affixes directly boosts your char sheet dps, regardless of what skills you use. If you use spectral blades, however, it also adds that element to the attack. That means a cold SoJ and Triumvirate makes your spectral blades to both cold and fire damage. However, spectral blades is the only wizard skill that does that, but all skills benefit from the bonus damage.
Reply Quote
View profile
I like evocation and unstable anomaly for uber runs.
Reply Quote
02/24/2013 08:35 PMPosted by Merkyor

Apparently you haven't, because it only affects the user. It doesn't matter who chills the target, however.

Im fairly certain making my friend hit higher numbers with CB+frost nova than he had even seen without means it works on him. He was on his DH, and his damage range was kinda low for testing reasons.

02/24/2013 09:10 PMPosted by Loroese

Adds x% to elemental damage affixes directly boosts your char sheet dps, regardless of what skills you use. If you use spectral blades, however, it also adds that element to the attack. That means a cold SoJ and Triumvirate makes your spectral blades to both cold and fire damage. However, spectral blades is the only wizard skill that does that, but all skills benefit from the bonus damage.

Even more reason to use a melee wiz imo. spec blades op.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]