Diablo® III

Where are the details for the second Ask the Devs?

You guys said it was a monthly thing. Please don't give up on the players.
Edited by s8a8i14#1348 on 2/25/2013 10:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah but that was their bad. You don't give up on something, you do it better the next time.
Reply Quote
I think Rob Pardo gave the go ahead for the Q&A to keep players interested until the next patch hit (like a week or so later).

Realistically though, it confirmed that they aren't going to make any changes to the game.
Reply Quote
I think Rob Pardo gave the go ahead for the Q&A to keep players interested until the next patch hit (like a week or so later).

Realistically though, it confirmed that they aren't going to make any changes to the game.

That's why the first one was so ill-received. The community hoped with the departure of Jay Wilson and Blizzard's PR push "Hey we actually wanna listen to you" that maybe, just maybe they were open to addressing D3's major issues.

However the 1st Q&A just confirmed that they have no intentions of ever addressing any of the core problems and will continue to pointlessly tweek the game with small little pebbles of "content" from time to time.
Reply Quote
02/24/2013 10:42 AMPosted by s8a8i14
Yeah but that was their bad. You don't give up on something, you do it better the next time.

It was a waste of time, the devs did the right thing by not doing it again. They have zero intention of giving us open PvP and many of the other suggestions given. The devs mentioned many times throughout the answers, what they find fun trumps everything including logic itself!
Edited by PerfectCell on 2/24/2013 10:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
Ask the Devs number 1; please do not ask questions unrelated to 1.07 patch, or questions you *know* we will not answer... Anyone remember that part?!?!

What did they get, and what did they get reamed about - questions unrelated to patch 1.07 or questions we knew they weren't going to answer...

Sure, we all want to know what is going on, and hopefully they will try again, but I know I personally wouldn't want to be part of it if I was one of the Blizzard Devs...
Reply Quote
Each month, we'll select a new Ask the Devs topic and post what the topic is ahead of time in the forums.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8520755/ask-the-devs-round-1-answers-now-up-211-2-11-2013

Hopefully they just forgot and we'll see the new topic on tuesday.
Reply Quote
02/24/2013 11:03 AMPosted by s8a8i14
Each month, we'll select a new Ask the Devs topic and post what the topic is ahead of time in the forums.

Remember, Blizzard does not reckon things in the same sorts of time units that normal people do. "Each month" for Blizzard could actually mean once a quarter or even once a year for the rest of us.

Right or wrong, that's just how it is and nothing has or will change them.
Reply Quote
You are saying every month. The first round was 2/11/13. That was 2 weeks ago.
Reply Quote
02/24/2013 10:42 AMPosted by s8a8i14

That quote also pretty much sums up why everyone is so pissed off about this game... every aspect seems to be about trying things once, then abandoning them, as opposed to making things incrementally better.

You are saying every month. The first round was 2/11/13. That was 2 weeks ago.

The invitation for questions came out on the last Monday of January. Today is the last Monday of February. It's reasonable to count this as monthly. What would your alternative be? The 28th of every month?

I don't reallly care if they do it again, they'll just cherry-pick the fluffiest questions and give non-committal answers, but still it's just so indicative of Blizzard that they would pledge to do something once a month and then... do it once and blow it off.

They need a Program Manager, or really any kind of Manager.
Reply Quote
I'm not "defending" Blizzard for the last Ask The Devs session, but I will say one thing regarding it. 1.0.7 was the last patch that Jay Wilson worked on with the team and it had been pretty much solidified what was going into it before we ever got to ask questions. I think the better thing for them to do for round two, would be to do a closed poll on which changes are most pressing to the player-base, and to then announce a week later what they plan on rolling out in the patch and ask for additional input. I think doing things this way we could probably see patches every 1.5-2 months that would address the largest concerns of players that could be feasibly tackled within that amount of time.

Edit: On a secondary note though, I'm pretty sure that expansion content is being worked on vigorously as we speak and that many of the things we would like to see in patches will only be released with the expansion's eventual release. What I believe the smart thing to do would be is to take a couple of those new systems or improvements on existing ones and put the content out there as a freebie or two to sate the thirst for new content that exists within the community that still happens to be playing.
Edited by Alexandros#1268 on 2/25/2013 10:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
They posted the first ask the devs topic on friday jan 25th.
Reply Quote
02/24/2013 09:57 AMPosted by Edge
After the reception the first one got, they probably won't bother doing it anymore, lol.

They got what they deserved for dancing around the questions for the most parts...the answers at best were unsatisfactory.
Reply Quote
Blizz where you at? Vegas?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We wouldn’t dream of giving up on the players, in fact we are planning to tackle one of the more frequent community discussions. :) We are working on a new set of questions for “Ask the Devs” that revolves around itemization, a very popular subject here on the forums. We’re looking at doing this in March, and are very excited about the opportunity to provide some answers and insight about this subject to the community.
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 08:30 PMPosted by Grimiku
We wouldn’t dream of giving up on the players, in fact we are planning to tackle one of the more frequent community discussions. :) We are working on a new set of questions for “Ask the Devs” that revolves around itemization, a very popular subject here on the forums. We’re looking at doing this in March, and are very excited about the opportunity to provide some answers and insight about this subject to the community.

Oh, would there be a patch about legendary items being "more game changing" soon™ after that ask the dev? :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]