Diablo® III

Where are the details for the second Ask the Devs?

02/25/2013 08:30 PMPosted by Grimiku
We wouldn’t dream of giving up on the players, in fact we are planning to tackle one of the more frequent community discussions. :) We are working on a new set of questions for “Ask the Devs” that revolves around itemization, a very popular subject here on the forums. We’re looking at doing this in March, and are very excited about the opportunity to provide some answers and insight about this subject to the community.

It's taking you months to formulate a few questions? About a problem that's been here since launch?

Phew, I was worried that Blizzard dropped the ball again.
Reply Quote
We wouldn’t dream of giving up on the players, in fact we are planning to tackle one of the more frequent community discussions. :) We are working on a new set of questions for “Ask the Devs” that revolves around itemization, a very popular subject here on the forums. We’re looking at doing this in March, and are very excited about the opportunity to provide some answers and insight about this subject to the community.

good to hear. i know i have some serious questions. time to start thinking about exactly what i want to say.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile

Oh my...

OH MY!

I might actually participate in this one! Now you've got me all excited and stuff. ^.^
MVP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4038704716#2
Reply Quote

Another fresh round of items for everyone to pay real money for. 2 months later they will be useless. Another 15% profit on everything for Blues to roll in and put on black in vegas ^^

Black and blue! reminds me of this game.
Reply Quote

I am impressed.... I couldn't of asked for more!

This is the best blue post I have seen in a long time. Thanks for the long awaited update Grimiku!
Reply Quote

March-madness at its finest! lol
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 08:42 PMPosted by OldSchool
We are working on a new set

Of items!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
Please do not waste the opportunity this time, the last and first ask the devs was pathetic and full of handpicked useless questions and answers.Tackle the hard topics in a meaningful way or don't do it at all.
Reply Quote

Yes! see now that's the stuff we want to hear :) nice to know you guys are listening to our thoughts.
Reply Quote

Why was it changed from a monthly thing to a what seems a longer time frame? Does it just take too long to formulate all the questions, then all the answers?
Reply Quote

I hope you will be totaly ready for this.... because youll be in for a damn long night! jejejeje

Cannot wait to see how you Blizz will fare against the most dreaded topic ever hehe-
Reply Quote

I wouldnt be surprised if there is a set back that results in extending the waiting period ... actions speaks louder than words so i will just wait and see before throwing myself in excitement
Reply Quote

Just to let you know - you kind sir have been officially quoted and we all appreciate this. Good luck and may this reflect well in the future! Although I applaud your bravery oh blue one, if this doesn't go well I have a bad feeling this quote will be everywhere as the target of backlash.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
what does itemization even mean anymore?

unless elemental effects makes a return how many ways can you just add to dps?

will the Devs go as far as to make more synergy with items and skills? like perhaps having some items increase % chance of health globes like what happens with Grasp of the Dead-Death is Life when using with Gruesome Feast?

So you would actually try to use certain items to make a build be more than just a DPS machine?

Are the Devs up for this?

i mean you got things like zero dogs.. and freeze wiz.. how many others really?

I could write a whole book on why Itemization is terribly implemented in this game...

But to try and answer your point, when I think of itemization, I think of how well stats balance each other and how they correlate to your character.

It's not even that all classes use the same stats, it's that certain stats become mandatory mainstays making pretty much everything else you find junk.

Since everything scales exponentially off of each other, if you have a piece of gear that is capable of rolling a trifecta and it doesn't, it's pretty much regarded as junk since the piece ups your DPS at such a sharp upward curve.

Adding elemental perks and extra affix abilities might help with itemization, but at its core you can never get rid of the Trifecta problem. (The need for every item that's capable of it to roll Crit, Crit Damage, and IAS at the same time)
MVP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4038704716#2
Reply Quote

ZOMG! Did you hear that? They are actually answering relevant questions. Jezuz.
Reply Quote

Good to hear!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]