Diablo® III

Where are the details for the second Ask the Devs?

I can't believe anyone is looking forward to more of these after how underwhelming the last round was. I suppose it can't be any worse! /thinkingpositive
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 08:30 PMPosted by Grimiku
We wouldn’t dream of giving up on the players, in fact we are planning to tackle one of the more frequent community discussions. :) We are working on a new set of questions for “Ask the Devs” that revolves around itemization, a very popular subject here on the forums. We’re looking at doing this in March, and are very excited about the opportunity to provide some answers and insight about this subject to the community.

Thats very nice to hear.

Will it be possible to not only ask questions but also make proposals that will be discussed by the devs?
Reply Quote
No
Reply Quote
Please tell me that the patch

We wouldn’t dream of giving up on the players, in fact we are planning to tackle one of the more frequent community discussions. :) We are working on a new set of questions for “Ask the Devs” that revolves around itemization, a very popular subject here on the forums. We’re looking at doing this in March, and are very excited about the opportunity to provide some answers and insight about this subject to the community.

Please tell me that the patch will actually contain fixes from the Q&A and not already be created and patched the day after the Q&A responses are released like the last Q&A.
You honestly shouldn't have a Q&A if you are just going to not give a crap and already have the patch created.
Reply Quote

Sweet! I'm really looking forward to having all of my carefully worded questions ignored so that you can pretend no problems exist.
Reply Quote
Wouldn't put up high hopes for the next "ATD" answers.

They would probably just shut us up again with "I'm fine with the current itemization" or "There is nothing we can do at the moment till 20xx years"
Reply Quote
Can they just put in development d4 already. This game will never get any better. its always the same old bs w the developers. X cant be changed because that wasn't programmed in the game which would lead to too much work. I'm sick of the run around. Its worse than a political debate on these forums. All the patches have been number changes. No real hardcore changes to the game.
Edited by PolishPanzer#1350 on 2/26/2013 5:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
To those who has a lot of bad things to say about the game, why are you still here?

Why not just quit the game?
Reply Quote
It seems like the America server is pretty messed up cause yall sure do a lot of maintenance on it when nothing was wrong with it. I think that is my only complaint about diablo.... To much maintenance. Oh and maybe there should be a gold cap on the AH like nothing can be sold over 10mil gold. Most of those prices were set when people could get gold pretty easily but yall cut that out so now all the new players are stuck with items costing billions which most likely never sell anyways. Thank you and have a nice day.
Reply Quote
I think they patch the game to often if you ask me.I get to play the game for maybe a half hour to hour a day and it seems like every month or two there is another big patch. As much as i would like to see better drops and items and maybe a new act or extend act 4. I would hate for skills to be changed or caped again. My mine guy is a monk and it seems like they change the monk all the time.on top of all that the ah prices and getting insane while the price for gold keeps droping so you can never get ahead with out paying money for gold it seems. ive sold one item for 143m gold witch i spent the next day on a new weapon that brought my dps up only 5k
Reply Quote
I started leveling a monk in November. Then I got locked out of this account for two weeks or so - didn't hit 60 until the New Year, between work and holidays.
I'm at that horribly awkward stage where Inferno up to halfway through Act IV is faceroll, but MP1 is inefficiently slow and my AR isn't high enough to handle a MP1 elite pack with say, plagued/desecrate solo (without dying 3 times). On the other hand, making enough gold to buy gear to boost my AR is painfully slow on Inferno, and I refuse to buy gold on principle. (My MF is at I think 248%, GF at 170-180%, so it could be worse for a PL26 toon with just under 10 mil to spend.)
I would so much prefer to struggle a little and pay ridiculously high repair bills if there was just a reasonable chance that when a rare or a legendary dropped, I could use it or actually be able to sell it on the AH.
It would also do a lot to cut down on things like 46 pages of a level 61 legendary that nobody wants to use anyway *cough*Tzo Krin's Gaze*cough*. If people weren't so desperate to sell something, anything, to make gold to buy what they really need, they would just DE the crappy legendary and use the Brimstone to try and roll a godly Archon amulet.
I'm sure end-game itemization is an awful mess. But mid-game itemization is problematic for different reasons, and a lot of it has to do with 99.9999999% of what you find being useless not just to you, but to anyone. Facerolling to find useless crap loses its appeal after a couple months. I'm starting to get to that point now, and I'd love to see some changes to the way rares are rolled. Make them be actually kind of rare, but then also not be so horribly awful so much of the time. A lot of your playerbase would love you for it.

(Edited to delete a sentence that made no sense. I'd tried to reply to a specific comment on page two, but my reply showed up at the bottom of page four. Sorry if it seems to come out of left field as a result.)
Edited by Life101#1653 on 2/26/2013 6:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hey Just wondering a few things. Start by saying i am so glad this patch and back playing PVP dors suck but moving on . Why must every toon look the same at higher LvLs we all kinda use the same Legendarys so idea Let us die them whatever collor we want cause i see 24 outher barbs that look just like me yesterday game turn off . Last besides i miss my nado druid and no we will not here about an expansion untill you guys are neer done with it , Is there any plans on adding charms and torches like the best game ever made D2 ? happy with game it has made much improvements since it broke my heart on release but as a loyal D2 fan u guys need to get back to what worked rune words and the bigest thing ever for this game ADD A SOCKET QUEST !!!! thanks not planing for a responce just praying
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 06:07 AMPosted by Grundler
Hey Just wondering a few things. Start by saying i am so glad this patch and back playing PVP dors suck but moving on . Why must every toon look the same at higher LvLs we all kinda use the same Legendarys so idea Let us die them whatever collor we want cause i see 24 outher barbs that look just like me yesterday game turn off . Last besides i miss my nado druid and no we will not here about an expansion untill you guys are neer done with it , Is there any plans on adding charms and torches like the best game ever made D2 ? happy with game it has made much improvements since it broke my heart on release but as a loyal D2 fan u guys need to get back to what worked rune words and the bigest thing ever for this game ADD A SOCKET QUEST !!!! thanks not planing for a responce just praying
Reply Quote
There were minimum 50 more questions on the subject and you didnt answer them... No reason to ask something more. You only answered questions, which you like and you ignored valuables questions about patch/crafting with more constructive critism. GG Blizzard... I hope that your marquise gem is nice gold sink. 80 mil for 4 basic stat and you didnt answered much, much more...

At least, you can sell 1 million gold for 0,1 euro at black market, you work nice against bots, inflation, black market etc... Free economy? Lol free economy doesnt have any regulations.
Edited by zobudeny#2800 on 2/26/2013 6:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Hate that high end crafting is a money sink nothing more and then go farm for another week to get the mats and cash to make more sub-par gear. Blizzard your failing in areas you know all to well. Also why is all of your games story all about the same?? SC Diablo Warcraft same ole stuff with a spin.
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
What a waste of time, like others have said. Answering the most useless questions...Guys in the endI'm thinking more along the lines of "They just don't know what to do to fix this game"....
Reply Quote
I lost all faith in the future of D3 from the last ask the devs QA. It was abundantly obvious that the devs have a real disconnect from the reality of D3's shortcomings. They can't even come to terms with that. They sincerely believe that they made a "Fun and intriguiging, deep game". They simply do NOT care about our feedback--they will continue to make games they way THEY think they ought to be made. I have accepted this and made peace with it. It's too bad, D3 could have been amazing if they actually LISTENED to the fans and implement changes not solely about ways for more mass profits.
Reply Quote
Please tell me that the patch will actually contain fixes from the Q&A and not already be created and patched the day after the Q&A responses are released like the last Q&A.
You honestly shouldn't have a Q&A if you are just going to not give a crap and already have the patch created.

This. What was the point of restricting last Q&A to 1.07 when it was dropped the very next day? Seriously...
Reply Quote

When possible, would you please be more specific regarding the issues and developer's current thoughts on "itemization" before it's time for us to pose questions. That way players can generate the best and most poignant questions possible, which is beneficial for everyone.

Thank you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]