Diablo® III

Where are the details for the second Ask the Devs?

02/25/2013 08:30 PMPosted by Grimiku
We wouldn’t dream of giving up on the players, in fact we are planning to tackle one of the more frequent community discussions. :) We are working on a new set of questions for “Ask the Devs” that revolves around itemization, a very popular subject here on the forums. We’re looking at doing this in March, and are very excited about the opportunity to provide some answers and insight about this subject to the community.

We are working on a new set of questions?

So Blizzard is going to be asking the questions and cutting the players out of the loop? Perhaps it would be easier just to go ahead and publish the on-message, PR-approved itemization points you want to make now instead of going through the motions and then taking all the heat for all the elephants in the room.
Reply Quote
Itemization in D3?

Ha. You should've had that in mind when the game was in it's concept stages. Way too late now.

One thing that should already be in development and that I've pointed out many times is reintroducing jewels. If you have an armor for you character thats missing a few stats or needs buffs in some areas, slap a +dex/ +armor/ +cold res jewel in it.

nuff said. Oh and I see you guys put the beam of light above legendary drops, as I suggested way back. Glad I could help.
Reply Quote
The whole Q&A thing does nothing for me, all I care about is action. Fix the problem, we all have the answers already. Anyone who has played the game understands that you can't do even a half decent job of gearing yourself up because 99% of the items of any color aren't useable by anybody.
Reply Quote
To those who has a lot of bad things to say about the game, why are you still here?

Why not just quit the game?

I have a lot of good things to say about the game, too! Naysayers who stick around do it because they want to see the game improve, and while their attitude can be trying their intentions are mostly right on.

I have nothing good to say about that last ATD. It was a waste of everyone's time and trust.
Reply Quote

So Blizzard is going to be asking the questions and cutting the players out of the loop? Perhaps it would be easier just to go ahead and publish the on-message, PR-approved itemization points you want to make now instead of going through the motions and then taking all the heat for all the elephants in the room.

This is well put.
Reply Quote

This is well put.

This.
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 08:30 PMPosted by Grimiku
We wouldn’t dream of giving up on the players, in fact we are planning to tackle one of the more frequent community discussions. :) We are working on a new set of questions for “Ask the Devs” that revolves around itemization, a very popular subject here on the forums. We’re looking at doing this in March, and are very excited about the opportunity to provide some answers and insight about this subject to the community.

Am I the only one who is wondering why THEY are working on questions!? I could have sworn that the only questions Blizz should be working on are the ones the players ask. As far as I know there hasn't been an "Ask the Devs" question thread yet.
Reply Quote
End game content please. That was promised.... a long time ago.
Reply Quote
... Oh and maybe there should be a gold cap on the AH like nothing can be sold over 10mil gold. ...

I 100% agree with this!
Reply Quote

Pretty much exactly why I'm surprised anyone even cares if they do any more of these. The last time it felt like they worked up a press release and then fished questions out of the forums to fit the "answers" they had.
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 07:44 AMPosted by SmokinBleeez
as I suggested way back. Glad I could help.

lol thanks man im sure this was your idea maybe you should work for blizzard.
Reply Quote
good to hear theres another ask the dev session!

keep it up blizz
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 08:35 AMPosted by Scruffies

Am I the only one who is wondering why THEY are working on questions!? I could have sworn that the only questions Blizz should be working on are the ones the players ask. As far as I know there hasn't been an "Ask the Devs" question thread yet.

No, you're not the only one.

02/26/2013 07:18 AMPosted by Zuzax

Reply Quote

Pretty much exactly why I'm surprised anyone even cares if they do any more of these. The last time it felt like they worked up a press release and then fished questions out of the forums to fit the "answers" they had.

+1
Reply Quote

13 hours ago

Grimiku, As much as we love the blues and devs communicating with us....if it is only to provide broad answers we would rather not see the comments. Only answer the questions that you can give a definite answer too. No more of this "It's on our list of things to do" or "It may happen soon" etc.
Reply Quote

So Blizzard is going to be asking the questions and cutting the players out of the loop?

You are making assumptions. Maybe the questions will be open ended for players to respond to. We don't know.
Reply Quote
MF is a joke. remove NV buff
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]