Diablo® III

PS3, PS4 ablity to DODGE?

Are you serous, you are going to give console the true combat version with a dodge capability along with better movement overall. Are you say Screw You to the 10million copys that got this company the financial structure you have now. Money HUNGRY?
Edited by WillC#1390 on 2/26/2013 5:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
wat?
Reply Quote
and a hearty incoherent rambling to you too sir!
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 08:56 AMPosted by WillC
Are you serous, you are going to give console the true combat version with a dodge capability along with better movement overall. Are you say Screw You to the 10million copys that got this POS company the financial structure you have now. Money HUNGRY? scum...

Someone doesn't understand that PC and console versions of a game sometimes differ.
Reply Quote
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/02/25/diablo-iii-to-allow-offline-play-on-ps3-and-ps4.aspx

For the idiots.

You do realize console gaming is a controlled median that cannot be altered or hacked? Offline seems practical because of this.

Yeah! Just like the Sony store last year! Man, nobody even hacked the store or a single PS3 once!
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 10:09 AMPosted by familia
They hacked PSN for costumer information. They didn't alter gameplay, moron.

Oh, where did I say they did?
Reply Quote
Quick question about the PS3/4 version. How do spells like Blizzard work? I click a spot to cast it on. With no cursor, how do you tell it where to cast?
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 09:57 AMPosted by WillC

Someone doesn't understand that PC and console versions of a game sometimes differ.

No I don't, why should one have more, better features then the other. It's the same title, product, what every you want to call it.

Because the PC version came out first.
We had exclusivity.

You see this all the time when games go over to the Wii or WiiU and get new content.
Dragon Age on PC was far superior to the console version.
Mass Effect on PS3

This is a norm in the gaming industry.
It sucks for the early adopters but it shouldn't come as a surprise anymore.

Besides, do you seriously see people playing the console version over the PC version 3 years from now? I'm not an elitist by any means but I have a hard time seeing the PS4 version of Diablo 3 becoming the definitive way to play the game.
Reply Quote

You do realize console gaming is a controlled median that cannot be altered or hacked? Offline seems practical because of this.

Not true. Not being a tech guy myself, I assumed this was the case, but the first Borderlands taught me otherwise. I chose the console version specifically because the computer version seemed susceptible to mods/hacks.

It took a good while, but eventually, modified/hacked guns made their way onto consoles too, to my disappointment.

Where there's a will, there's a way.
Reply Quote

Not true. Not being a tech guy myself, I assumed this was the case, but the first Borderlands taught me otherwise. I chose the console version specifically because the computer version seemed susceptible to mods/hacks.

It took a good while, but eventually, modified/hacked guns made their way onto consoles too, to my disappointment.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

exactly. People which believe the console is secure in this day and age ... is naive at best.

If there is something people can gain, they will use exploits, hacks or cheats. If not only just for the chalange to be the "first" one that managed to get in the system and to change it in his favour.
Reply Quote
I think it's a pretty contradictory move. We are stuck with monster attacks that register at the beginning of monster attack animation. The community complained about monster vs. player hit detection since beta. Meaning move next to a monster, monster starts attack animation, player moves 20 yards away and then takes damage. Blizz dev's stated manually dodging monster attacks wasn't "fun". I don't think the mechanic needs to change at this point though since everything's been over nerfed to high heaven.

ref: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4427663050#15

Maybe the console version needs this new dodge mechanic in order to play properly.
Edited by Menacetech#1216 on 2/26/2013 10:42 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]