Diablo® III

PS3, PS4 ablity to DODGE?

maybe it become auto targetting.

otherwise I hardly think how easy will stuff like picking up objects will be.. or for that matter id'ing items. you gonna right click every single item? lol
Reply Quote
I would have liked WASD as an option for movement on the PC. I have played other games where the view is top down kind of like Diablo 3 and I could move by using the key board. Diablo 3 gives you one key to move. I guess for emergencys like if you're clicking to move but keep clicking on things you have the option to use the move key. At first I had trouble and was annoyed but now I have gotten used to it. I usually use the DH vault or smoke screen to bug out in emergencys. Still it would have been nice to have the option to choose for my self what is best. Maybe now that PS3/4 will get analog movement we will get keyboard movement option? No? Offline option...
Edited by Confuser#1794 on 2/26/2013 5:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
Maybe it's just me, but I read the whole "dodge" thing as them just talking about moving with the analog as opposed to point and click movement.

I would also like to state that I'm so happy that they spent the time, resources and manpower to import this to console, instead of actually putting that effort into making the game not a half !@# POS unworthy of the Diablo name. Remember how arena PVP was suppose to be on release? Yeah...
Edited by Kade#1215 on 2/26/2013 6:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
-snip--
1. I suppose I could take your word for it, but I won't. I've yet to see anything like that. The underlining motive behind "always online" was to combat illegal piracy of the game. Blame the PC community for that. You can't illegally download video games from a console last I checked. A offline mode is provided because you need the actual copy of the game to play.

--snip--

2. Read the article dimwit.

"Hight mentions a new evasion capability that can be used to dodge enemies and no longer do players need to click and move. With the ease of an analog stick, movement will be smoother, which heightens the action."

It's because of the console support that allows better mechanics, moron.

1. Piracy has never killed a big dev, not sure it's even really harmed a small one. I've given them >1000 USD over the years. Why should I be treated like a pirate when I'm a loyal, paying customer?

And why are you apologizing for them exactly? Are you here just as a cheap fanboy to support a corporation, or are you a gamer? I know I'm the latter, so I want the best gaming experience possible.

Why can't we have offline play and moddability? Maybe there could be an economy based around the mods (e.g. hats), instead of items on the RMAH. Inspiring creativity and making money -- win win.

Also, check "the bay" for Halo4, there's piracy on consoles too.

2. I don't get it, how is it possible that the console has better controls?

Personally, I find the M/KB to be the ultimate in control outside of racing, flight, fighting and platformers(excluding Mirror's Edge). I don't necessarily want a dodge mechanic added, just remove hit-on-swing would be lovely.
Edited by Lumicide#1248 on 2/26/2013 7:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 12:33 PMPosted by Vaeflare
[quote="79781414369"]Quick question about the PS3/4 version. How do spells like Blizzard work? I click a spot to cast it on. With no cursor, how do you tell it where to cast?

They don't work, the spells are simply out of the game when D3 releases on console, like all features of the pc version.
Reply Quote
-snip--
1. I suppose I could take your word for it, but I won't. I've yet to see anything like that. The underlining motive behind "always online" was to combat illegal piracy of the game. Blame the PC community for that. You can't illegally download video games from a console last I checked. A offline mode is provided because you need the actual copy of the game to play.

--snip--

2. Read the article dimwit.

"Hight mentions a new evasion capability that can be used to dodge enemies and no longer do players need to click and move. With the ease of an analog stick, movement will be smoother, which heightens the action."

It's because of the console support that allows better mechanics, moron.

1. Piracy has never killed a big dev, not sure it's even really harmed a small one. I've given them >1000 USD over the years. Why should I be treated like a pirate when I'm a loyal, paying customer?

And why are you apologizing for them exactly? Are you here just as a cheap fanboy to support a corporation, or are you a gamer? I know I'm the latter, so I want the best gaming experience possible.

Why can't we have offline play and moddability? Maybe there could be an economy based around the mods (e.g. hats), instead of items on the RMAH. Inspiring creativity and making money -- win win.

Personally, I find the M/KB to be the ultimate in control outside of racing, flight, fighting and platformers(excluding Mirror's Edge). I don't necessarily want a dodge mechanic added, just remove hit-on-swing would be lovely.

Well for your second question the analog will be superior to point and click. If you ever player a Devil May Cry, God of War, Ninja Gaiden etc....think about how the characters move. Same thing here. Instead of you point and clicking to a spot to go, or hold the left mouse button down and dragging it along and with some small delay the character follows the path. You can just hit the direction and go. This is as far as character movement goes, I suspect they might have a targeting system in place on say right trigger to help guide the blows you need to be a little more accurate with.
Also the dodge mechanic their referring to isn't an extra dodge button but just you being able to quick drive your character around via the analog.
Reply Quote
Well for your second question the analog will be superior to point and click. If you ever player a Devil May Cry, God of War, Ninja Gaiden etc....think about how the characters move. Same thing here. Instead of you point and clicking to a spot to go, or hold the left mouse button down and dragging it along and with some small delay the character follows the path. You can just hit the direction and go. This is as far as character movement goes, I suspect they might have a targeting system in place on say right trigger to help guide the blows you need to be a little more accurate with.

Also the dodge mechanic their referring to isn't an extra dodge button but just you being able to quick drive your character around via the analog.

Unless you're playing with a low sensitivity mouse, or trackpad, trackball, analogue laptop button; I don't see how you could even say "You can just hit the direction and go", you should be able to "just 'click' the direction and go". That's what I do, at least. Stutter stepping (probably give you instant carpal tunnel with an analogue stick) requires you click behind yourself (to turn around and move) then to click the enemy you want to shoot.

The only delay I've felt in Diablo are lag spikes and the time it takes for an ability to go off.

Also those games, are in the beat 'em up/spectacle fighter genre, that would seem to require some serious mental contortion to compare it to an isometric, point-and-click, A-RPG. Those tending to handle more like a fighting game but w/ very few directional attack modifiers and a lock on/off system, and different enemy types. Not one of them is controlled via point-and-click, which would be pretty worthless if the camera is at a shallow angle.
Reply Quote
it doesnt surprise me that theyre making the game easier for consoles- zoomed out camera, better hit detection

because you'll be playing a point-and-click ARPG with a JOYSTICK, which is probably as bad as playing an FPS with a joystick

what kind of pisses me off is that the PS version has these cool new features, and the PC version is just staying the same? theyre using the resources we all gave them towards something most of us are never going to see or appreciate
Reply Quote
Maybe it will be the same as in Diablo 1 on PSX (where there was a blue light that you could control telling where to cast).
Reply Quote
There are cheats and trainers on games like cod on ps3
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 09:53 AMPosted by Blanco
and a hearty incoherent rambling to you too sir!

That made me laugh.
Reply Quote
Oh I hear you man.

I'm not sure about the extra features though. Which are they?
Reply Quote

The video I just watched showed both the demon hunter and the barbarian doing a dodge style move. The demon hunter would slide forward subzero style, and the barb was doing a tuck and roll move.
Reply Quote
I have just read about Diablo 3 on PS3.

I'm a computer-only kind of gamer, but I'm glad to know that blizzard heard what the community asked.

I haven't played Diablo 3 in months now, I'm coming here in the forums out of the blue just to know in depth what's going on.

1) Diablo 3 PS3 will have offline mode.

*This isn't coming to PC, I believe. Right?

I really wish we would get an offline mode as well... but judging by how everything is pirated easily on PC, I hardly think it's possible for blizzard to provide this to us.

2) Diablo 3 PS3 will have "dodge"

*Please.... tell me we PC-users will get this eventually.

This is something I really miss on Diablo 3.

Having a dodge move would bring much more action to the fight. (I know every class has a evasive skill... but that's not the same thing of having a regular dodge)

PS: I also read on the latest patch notes that they will fix teleport.... Oh god... as a full time wizard player, I'll probably comeback to play this game. It has been so long, I'm missing it hahah.
Reply Quote

Someone doesn't understand that PC and console versions of a game sometimes differ.

No I don't, why should one have more, better features then the other. It's the same title, product, what every you want to call it.

They only have it because of movement constraints on the console. We don't really need it on the PC. We just had a thread like this that where we beat that horse to death on. Some lame guy wanted it so he could have a better choice of diversity. Translated he wanted it so he could do Belial easier. Every class has some dodge capability, I doubt these work on the PS3.

Again we don't need it.

Of course on the PS3 the mobs are set so they don't attack all at once, again because of the movement limitations on the console.
Edited by DeadRu#1893 on 4/13/2013 5:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
[quote] We just had a thread like this that where we beat that horse to death on.

DeadRu, can you do me a favor and tell me the name or link of this thread you're referring? I'd like to read it.
Reply Quote
uh if you want to dodge go play space marine or darksiders or something
Reply Quote
04/13/2013 05:46 AMPosted by Sucrilhus
tell me the name or link of this thread you're referring? I'd like to read it.

I think is that one:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8197591084?page=5#90
Reply Quote
Thank you
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]