Diablo® III

Yellow Borders on certain items?

I have been playing and just began noticing some of the rare/legendary items i have equipped have a different border around them than others (have only noticed a much more solid yellow border on some). Does this indicate anything specific?
Reply Quote
nop
Reply Quote
Its cause you havent looked at the item with your mouse ( i think ) once you scroll over it it should go back to normal
Reply Quote
ah, let me elaborate slightly. its on items i have had equipped and some that i havent used. its not the "new item" glow thing. its just like a more solid yellow border. i thought all rare items had it, but then i noticed some that didnt, then i noticed one of the legendary items im using has it also
Reply Quote
Color dye maybe? Or damaged items? Or has different elemental resis or boost?
Reply Quote
i notes that to.. i cant find the answer
Reply Quote
Damaged.
Reply Quote
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I have this question too. Not damaged, not "new item glow", not dye. Here's a screenshot:

http://imageshack.com/a/img538/373/1BBRnL.png

Notice how Pandemonium Loop has a yellow border. I'd never noticed this before.

Thanks to anyone who can shed light on this.
Reply Quote
Well,
It's Ancient Legendary Ring. All new Ancient items comes with golden border. Ancient items got added into game about a week ago (patch 2.1.2). Read patch notes for more information.
Reply Quote
Ah, cool. Cheers! :)
Reply Quote
View profile
01/18/2015 07:18 PMPosted by AbrasiveRain
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I have this question too. Not damaged, not "new item glow", not dye. Here's a screenshot:

http://imageshack.com/a/img538/373/1BBRnL.png

Notice how Pandemonium Loop has a yellow border. I'd never noticed this before.

Thanks to anyone who can shed light on this.

your question is completely unrelated to the OP since ancient items were not around at the time of the OP.
Reply Quote
they should of made ancient items a completely different color...
Edited by DeadJezebel#1213 on 2/4/2015 12:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
If you look at the roll stats you will notice that yellow border items have almost a perfect roll. Take it to the enchantress to inspect and you will see that almost all the stats will be at the max available for that item.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]