Diablo® III

What’s Your Favorite Piece of Lore Text?

For me it has to be The Black Rock Ledger. It's an awesome easter egg!
Reply Quote
I found most of the lore to be pretty boring. However the background stories of covetus shen, the templar and the enchantress are my favourite. Other then that, I cant really remember any of the lore books/texts that I picked up.
Reply Quote
A blue post that is completely irrelevant to the questions actually being asked on the forums.. Shocker
Reply Quote
Vaeflare, you want to hear my favorite part of lore text?

Here it comes:

"Take head and bare witness to truths that lie herein, for they are the last legacy of the Horadrim."

These lore textes gave me shivers every time. <3 <3 <3 Most of the lore textes of D1's lore books. :) Back to the roots, please. I know you can make it. <3

Sound-example:

1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5YmI2qYxAc
    2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUSaDzuWN14

Greetz, <3 Old Blizzard. :D
Edited by Sanctuary#2454 on 2/22/2013 3:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
So the Mystic is off limits to mention even though she has a voice credit (Mystic - Gaille Heidemann) as a follower in the in-game credits?
Reply Quote
The hermit. In D3.

Tons of others in the other two games though.

The tome describing the countess was fantastic.
Edited by Aaown#1841 on 2/22/2013 3:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
Aww, only 1? :(

I'll go with the stuff on Malthael, I find him interesting, and I want to know what happened to him.

02/22/2013 01:38 PMPosted by TaKtiCz
The one where I clicked the X button before the guy could talk because I thought I was picking up a set item(pre 1.06?). Really though all of them are extremely annoying. It's bad enough that you shove the horrible story down our throats with the cinematics that can't be disabled.

How terrible, to have to use a keyboard without a functioning escape key. :(
Edited by Ecaiki#6674 on 2/22/2013 3:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
The angels and Archangels !
Reply Quote
Wow sanctuary, i just got shivers remembering how awesome D1 was.
Sure the graphics nowadays aren't up to standard, but the FEEL of the game was just so inspiring.
Considering this is where the massive Diablo fan base came from, its mind boggling how the backstory and atmosphere of D1 can turn into the mind **** of D3.

Graphics
D3>>>>D1

Story and being able to be immersed in the game
D1>>>>D3
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 03:08 PMPosted by SteenMachine
A blue post that is completely irrelevant to the questions actually being asked on the forums.. Shocker
Reply Quote
Do you crave knowledge about the beasts that roam the wilds and the creatures that skitter about the darkness in the deepest reaches of the Burning Hells? Or maybe you yearn to know more about fallen heroes? Whispers and discarded texts tell of Sanctuary’s turbulent past. Scattered throughout the flooded causeways and burning embers are books of lore chronicling everything from the downfall of King Leoric to what little is known about the Archangels of the High Heavens.

For this week's community question, we want to find out: What’s your favorite piece of lore text that you’ve picked up while exploring the depths of Sanctuary?

Leave a comment below to let us know, or chime in on [url="http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151288978981641&set=a.213243671640.137416.157102206640&type=1"]Facebook[/url] or [url="https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/305035075085561856"]Twitter[/url]!

what? go and make a skill tree and content this is bull!@#$
Edited by PirrE#2513 on 2/22/2013 4:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
For me it'd have to be the one you find in the blood pit in Halls of Agony level 2? where the guy is becoming a demon through black magic. That, and the "lord of goats" in the Southern? Highlands. =)
Reply Quote
Hey IceEagle,

thanks for your reply. :) Yeah, I've been a Diablo-player since the very beginning. I have almost got all blizzard titles in my shelf. But somehow, the previous Diablo-Games gave me more "epic feelings" then the new one, eventhough i like D3. I can never forget the "epicness" of the predecessors. :D

Greetz

:)

Thumbs up for your post! :D
Edited by Sanctuary#2454 on 2/22/2013 5:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
Leah's Journal, the Angiris Council ones (Act 4 had great lore), Covetus Shen.

My favorite Diablo lore is the first part of The Sin War trilogy: Birthright. The opening in that novel is just amazing. I really liked the original Diablo manual as well.
Reply Quote
"...a Daily Dose of Vae, keeps the QQ-ing at bay..."
- DaFemaleBoss
Reply Quote
Do you crave knowledge about the beasts that roam the wilds and the creatures that skitter about the darkness in the deepest reaches of the Burning Hells? Or maybe you yearn to know more about fallen heroes? Whispers and discarded texts tell of Sanctuary’s turbulent past. Scattered throughout the flooded causeways and burning embers are books of lore chronicling everything from the downfall of King Leoric to what little is known about the Archangels of the High Heavens.

For this week's community question, we want to find out: What’s your favorite piece of lore text that you’ve picked up while exploring the depths of Sanctuary?

Leave a comment below to let us know, or chime in on [url="http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151288978981641&set=a.213243671640.137416.157102206640&type=1"]Facebook[/url] or [url="https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/305035075085561856"]Twitter[/url]!

my only question is why they drop such horrendous loot in a loot finding game.

then i remember... RMAH
Reply Quote
all of them my favourite. all of them retarded as hell.

footprints is n.o:1
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]