Diablo® III

Best DPS class?

View profile
So right now i have a barb, wiz, and DH. Which one will ultimately be best at DPS? I am looking to regear either my DH or Wiz really.
Reply Quote
Looking at D3 progress, DH is at the top.

But the "effective" DPS, im not quite sure.

Still would depend what skill build (and gear) you're going to use, kiting or toe to toe, resource dependent or spammable, 1-1 or AoE, damage debuff/buff, slow or fast attack, etc.

Having tried the 4 class (no WD yet), i could tell that DH is not on the top of EDPS.
Reply Quote
DH looks great on paper if you want to take a look at D3 progress, but the effective DPS of a DH is terrible. I believe there is currently a popular thread about this. I had a 250k unbuffed DH 2 weeks ago which I sold since the low effective DPS was just unplayable. Really play anything except DH. The DPS looks good on paper, but in practice its just awful.
Reply Quote
How much gold do you have?
Reply Quote
View profile
Honestly, i dont even know what ppl are building these days besides WW barbs, im SOOOO SICK AND TIRED OF WW BARBS.
Reply Quote
View profile
I'd say Barbs and Monks do the most effective dps.
Reply Quote
SNS - Meteor has eDPS that exceeds anyone else by a longshot, not even close.
Triple generator Cyclone monk i believe is second not sure bout that though.
Some form of HotA barb third.

I might be wrong on the monk and barb, but the wizard build is best in terms of edps.
Reply Quote
look at my profile and tell me not to play a dh i %%*%!!*@ act 3 mp8 no prob maybe one death 35min to45 min
Reply Quote
Witch Doctor Zombie Bear Spam build and a really really well geared 0-Dog Build have tons of Effective DPS even though they lack Paper DPS.
Reply Quote
Looking at D3 progress, DH is at the top.But the "effective" DPS, im not quite sure.Still would depend what skill build (and gear) you're going to use, kiting or toe to toe, resource dependent or spammable, 1-1 or AoE, damage debuff/buff, slow or fast attack, etc.Having tried the 4 class (no WD yet), i could tell that DH is not on the top of EDPS.

Yup I think wiz and DH. will stay tops for Dps sheets. Now for effective Dps. I just tweaked this WW build for farming MP10 I found. I have 79% crit chance. You use all offensive abilities. So you have sprint tornadoes always critting. Then WW. Then Rend ticking at 100-200k per sec. Then spamming overpower for additional Aoe. The over power killing spree rune adds 10% CC then in Wotb 10% more CC. So basically nothing is alive with all these damage sources. I had to turn off all my damage numbers on the Screen so I could see the mobs and what was going on. Not only that it comes down to passive. I put on Brawler so I have 30% more dmg when in the middle of a mob throwing out Aoe. So my unbuff Dps is about 224k. Then add all the buffs in Wotb I am at a constant. 330k. Then with brawler passive 417k. So I just don't think anything can compete with that kind of damage. Not to mention if I actually had Dps gear and higher Dps to start.
Reply Quote
DH's eDPS isn't that great, they have a horrendous modifier for 95% of all their builds. Straight up 2-4x at best. They're a burst dps class doomed to lower MP speed runs. Barb walks all over them in eDPS for higher modes and ubers. Just see any MP10 uber carry ad, never a DH - always a barb.

My SnS/Electrify wiz got them both beat in eDPS though. 2 million average dps on MP8 elites with only 120k dps, 17x dps modifier on average - SUP?

I wish DH was a better class with better regeneration for better spammage cuz I'd make one, specifically a dual weild DH with a calamity but there's just no advantage to it whatsoever. I truly think DH is the worst class, used to be WD but now it's clearly DH. I'd recommend staying away from the class as I haven't seen Blizzard have any sort of meaningful attempt to improve their functionality for end-game. Barb all the way bro...they aint going away anytime soon, still OP as hell.
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 2/26/2013 6:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
That's true cause I'm a DH >.<

I had around 240k unbuff DPS but I can't beat my friend's HoTa Barb at 170k, speed killing at Uber MP10.

I roughly counted my EDPS ( IDK is it this way counting it ), I created MP8 Azmodan ( around 190M HP ) and I took aorund 5mins to take it down >.<

But my friend's HoTa barb only takes 1 min or even less than 1 min...

190,000,000 / 5 mins / 60sec, So my EDPS is only at around 600k with paper DPS 240k (Unbuff)
190,000,000 / 60sec ... my fren barb did 3m EDPS with paper DPS 170k (unbuff)...

Yawned~
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 05:48 AMPosted by Dznuts
look at my profile and tell me not to play a dh i %%*%!!*@ act 3 mp8 no prob maybe one death 35min to45 min

Dont play a DH. A 150k DPS Monk or barb will kill twice as fast as you.
Reply Quote
"DH is the worst class, used to be WD but now it's clearly DH, Barb all the way bro...they aint going away anytime soon, still OP as hell."

I haven't heard such funny comment for a while now

plz don't assume all wd or dh r the same. and not every dh knows how to fully utilize their dps. it takes time for ppl to learn and to play the class correctly.

on the other hand, playing a barb or cm in ur case would not require such knowledge.
Reply Quote
The big problem with DPS is that the built-in dps calculator is a terrible estimate on kill speed. I out-kill mobs and bosses compared to characters (even of the same class) with sometimes as much as 5X the dps rating.

Bottom line: don't trust the DPS rating. Measure for yourself.
Reply Quote
2 passives and 1 skill give barb + 18 crit chance + 50 crit damage and +15% (or 30%) overall damage. All you have to do is equip a mace or axe. This is the cheapest class for high paper dps.

Monk can frequently drop Wave of Light for 829% weapon damage, while making cyclones.

WD can run 0dog and spam sacrifice for 1100% weapon damage.

Wiz running Shocknado has much higher dps than the paper rating.

All of those are good, I still don't like DH because it relies on burst damage and can not sustain high dps output at higher mp. I may be wrong though, but I've played with all 5 classes enough.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]