Diablo® III

Mempo users, where do you get your loh from?

Besides bt pants of course. Amulet is an obvious way but it seems like any nice 500+ loh amulet is either a bt or a rare which is just as expensive. Rings also do not net much loh so I would need to get an additional loh gear on top of the ring.

I'm preparing to make the jump to a cc mempo setup. I figure a 1b budget to spend on a mempo, force and ammy should be enough for a semi decent setup.
Reply Quote
Just BT pants :) I had some on ring but realized I didn't need it.
Edited by Carnac#1372 on 2/26/2013 9:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
Amulet is the best spot IMO. Rings with high LOH are hard to come by and you will probably need 2 of them compared to 1 amulet with good loh. For me blackthorne's pants + amulet works well although I don't play above 200k dps most times.

Some people use a unity ring, but you're only looking at about 300 loh from that versus up to 900 from an amulet.
Reply Quote
Try to save for a high LoH Amulet, it's the most cost effective way. There is no cheap way when you switch to Mempo.

But then do you really need to switch to mempo? With just the source and the helm, and probably Amulet, the outcomes are the same, but SC is cheaper. I only switched to Mempo because it allowed me to run Bifecta Pox which is huge EHP and DPS in one package. With Nats it's either insane gear or just stick with SC.
Reply Quote
A descent 4.0-4.5 mempo will cost you around 300-400m.
A descent force will cost you around 300-500m
A descent BT amulet which comes with LOH will cost you the rest.
Reply Quote
Those plague pools must hurt with only 400+ LoH. On mp10 with a reasonable CM setup (900+ LoH, 750 all rez, 4500 armor, 55CC, 2.85 AS) I still have to be careful with plague/molten or plague/electrify combos.
Reply Quote
I can't stand on stack Plague with 900AR 5k Armor 1.1k LoH so I assume you can't stand on it no matter what.
Reply Quote
I've run with one source of loh (550 from ammy) and it works a lot of the time, but 2 sources feels much much nicer.
Reply Quote
I've got an ammy with 845 LOH.
Reply Quote
Believe it or not, my wizard just need about 603 LoH and 481 LR.
Reply Quote
With crystal shell and preferably more than one target in lockdown plague alone isn't too much of a problem. It's the multiple damage sources that can be interesting.
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 09:19 AMPosted by Carnac

Dont need it if you dont mind dying. Dont need any.
Reply Quote
Unity ring and bt pants I found were enough
Reply Quote
Although amulets are a better bang for your buck because of the higher LoH maximum, rings aren't too bad if you're wearing BT Pants. I got a very cheap LoH Nat's Reflection with 400LoH, and rare rings (or even Unity) aren't that bad either for most things. It's pretty easy to exceed 750+LoH with a ring+BT Pants.
Edited by TekkZero#1963 on 2/26/2013 9:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
Ammy is always a good place to stack loh. One affix is approximately equal to 2 on other spots.
Reply Quote
750 enough to stand in anything like plague electric and still spam?
Reply Quote
Lol :P I've tried it both ways and for me, DPS loss from putting on an additional piece of loh gear was not worth it for me. I pretty much only die to the same frozen/vortex/plagued/desecrator/molten packs (some combination of not being able to move + 2 types of ground damage) with ~800ish loh vs 400ish.

That being said, I am still looking for a godly bt amulet...if one ever appears, I may be ready to join the 1200+loh club.

Dont need it if you dont mind dying. Dont need any.
Edited by Carnac#1372 on 2/26/2013 9:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
At 5000 Armor, 780 AR, and over 1200 LOH I could stand in anything short of stacked plague or multiple simultaneous arcane beams. With 60K HP my LOH and UA active even multiple molten explosions were no worry. I think 705 LOH would not be enough to do that.

I've dropped my armor down to 4800, so it will be interesting to see whether my tankiness is down at all.
Reply Quote
Amulet
Reply Quote
my gearing has been messed up ever since my tal ammy dropped. used to run 1k LOH on rings and ammy, now i only have the pants and the ring. too poor to gear out of this, but couldn't pass down the 30k dps increase the ammy gave me.

650 LOH is comfortable for me, but i miss being able to stand and tank in desc pools. there definately is a little more moving now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]