Diablo® III

Mempo users, where do you get your loh from?

View profile
Thats fine carnac I was looking for more even to ADD to 970 tried adding a unity even but Litany seems to do the same thing really. It's like having a 200 AR ring.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 2/26/2013 9:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 09:26 AMPosted by Ossian
I've got an ammy with 845 LOH.
I've been searching AH for one with that much life on hit and trifecta, but they're not too common. Need some attack speed to make up for the lost speed from crafted bracers instead of lacuni.
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 09:20 AMPosted by novice
But then do you really need to switch to mempo?

I've been debating this also. I could get a high end non apoc force and call it a day but where is the fun of that? This game is all about the never ending pursuit of getting better gear. I also want more mitigation, right now I die more than I want in mp8. Once I get the mempo I can dump my lacunis for a nice bracer with vit, intel, cc, and ar.
Reply Quote
With trifecta, almost impossible to find. My ammy was part of my long term strategy based around Mempo and a 1.79 wand--that I didn't need IAS it and could stack CD and other stuff.

Now I just need a good, solid bifecta with LOH to roll and I am golden.
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 09:45 AMPosted by Shoe
But then do you really need to switch to mempo?

I've been debating this also. I could get a high end non apoc force and call it a day but where is the fun of that? This game is all about the never ending pursuit of getting better gear. I also want more mitigation, right now I die more than I want in mp8. Once I get the mempo I can dump my lacunis for a nice bracer with vit, intel, cc, and ar.

Yep seem to be the case. You can't add more AR without cutting your DPS down, and Mempo can solve that problem. Furthermore Rare Bracers offer huge EHP. I guess you still have to trade DPS for LoH though lol.
Reply Quote
I did some quick calcs if I changed to,

cc mempo, apoc force, bt tricross, decent bracers with a budget one 1b. The gains were

70k+ehp(300k to 370k)
8k+dps(144k to 152k) I have a better chant wand so i'll probably be at 160k

Seems pretty pricey for these gains. What do you guys think?
Reply Quote
View profile
I think mempo is a big mistake. Frostburn the Best CM in the world uses Crow.

I don't know what you're seeing that makes you want a mempo but only reason to do it is 3 with OS wand because you have to.

Like take fatty for example is this GG enough or u?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Fatamorgana-6950/hero/11045635
Reply Quote
Besides bt pants of course. Amulet is an obvious way but it seems like any nice 500+ loh amulet is either a bt or a rare which is just as expensive. Rings also do not net much loh so I would need to get an additional loh gear on top of the ring.

I'm preparing to make the jump to a cc mempo setup. I figure a 1b budget to spend on a mempo, force and ammy should be enough for a semi decent setup.

I use BT pants and a bi-fecta ammy. However if you look at my Zuni ring its a little bit of a helper, I got one with IAS added and 125 loh (not much I know).
Reply Quote
Amulet.
Reply Quote
Tbh there is no right or wrong. Fata is just godly not a prime example. Mempo can add 90 AR to his gear, which is huge. But the DPS gain seems to be midiocre, so if you really have trouble surviving MP 8, then go with Mempo. Otherwise don't.

Other solution is CD+AR Nats, but you will have to wait pretty long to find a good Intel+40CD+70AR one.
Reply Quote
View profile
No right or wrong but one way cheaper...mempo + apoc force vs. SC + double INT VIT source are even in both EHP and DPS. So the questions are where is it easier to get missing stat and do you need it? Do you need 9 ias mempo gives? Most likely not you're at 2.73. Do you need it's AR? Maybe. Do you need SC apoc yeah thats why you gotta buy a apoc source. Do you need SC LOH? Yes.

After spending an additional billion(s) + for mempo apoc source then add many more millions for a trifecta jewelry with loh.

Fat instead can put AR on jewerty much cheaper than all that
Reply Quote
Start crafting ammy's......I took me about 300 tries, but my craft gave me more dps, loh, vita, and mitigation than the bi-cross I was using!!!
Reply Quote
Sigh...the mempo vs sc goes on and I'm wavering again on which way to go. Once I found out my dps would only gain 7k but my ehp goes up 70k it's making me reconsider. I've crafted around 80 ammys but no luck so far. For 1b another configuration I can do is,

trifecta nats reflec
trifecta ammy with ar
high end non-apoc force
5.5cc sc
higher stat lacuni and/or wh
Reply Quote
I actually believe in the end it's Mempo lol generally Mempo lets you ultimately use Zuni, either GG Trifecta, or high-end Bifecta, and I think Zuni offers the best DPS. Guys like Fata I can count with my hands, in most case if you switch to Mempo and use Zuni, the overall result is better.

I agree that without Zuni, Mempo and SC are the same though.
Reply Quote
View profile
Zuni worse than tal rash by a lot even the best zuni. worse than worst tal rashy chest.

Sigh...the mempo vs sc goes on and I'm wavering again on which way to go. Once I found out my dps would only gain 7k but my ehp goes up 70k it's making me reconsider. I've crafted around 80 ammys but no luck so far. For 1b another configuration I can do is,

trifecta nats reflec
trifecta ammy with ar
high end non-apoc force
5.5cc sc
higher stat lacuni and/or wh

I dont know how that possible. I put in a 5.5 9 ias mempo and exact same DPS source as mine here
http://unyieldingvalor.com/D3/calcTool.php

and gain nothing in dps and 30K ehp from the AR of mempo. However my source is a low VIT one could make that up.
Reply Quote
Zuni worse than tal rash by a lot even the best zuni. worse than worst tal rashy chest.

How so? Do you feel that's a very strong statement that needs solid evidence?
Reply Quote
View profile
because when i equip my tripox ring and chest i lose like 10K from my 129 int tal rash and tripox
Reply Quote
May I know the actually stats? As 9 IAS can't be 10k, let alone the 130 Intel set bonus.
Reply Quote
View profile
tripox is one everyone got :P
zuni is like 164 int

Chest im wearing.
Reply Quote
So same ring, 9 IAS - 185 Intel = 10k DPS, I don't need to run a calculator to know it's wrong lol. You must have adjusted smth else.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]