Diablo® III

Diablo III Soundtrack

I found something pretty awesome today as I was listening to the Diablo II Soundtrack (specifically the Music of Diablo 1996-2011 album released as a 15 year anniversary deal).

I know many were less than impressed with the Diablo III Soundtrack. There are a couple pieces that are great, and I love them. But the general ambient music that, in Diablo II, creeped us all the hell out is definitely missing in Diablo III.

However, we know that Russell Brower took a lot of themes from Matt Uelmen's previous work on Diablo 2 and previously recorded music that he had planned for Diablo III. This is apparent in main theme for Diablo III.

On this 15 year anniversary album, there is a track called Siege (from D2:LoD). At 2:46 on this track, you can hear the main Diablo III theme. My brain came to a screeching halt as I heard this today and I had to compare to make sure I'd heard it correctly. It's even in the same exact key.

Just thought I'd just this with fellow music fanatics.
Reply Quote
I'm not a fanatic, but I'm interested. Thanks for sharing the info.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]