Diablo® III

Adria helping the Evils? Nephlem?

What was the point to use Adria in helping the evils? It is a random plot twist with no build up to it. And she just disappears? The story is horrible, just hoping to make sense of it. Also, wtf happens to leah's soul? Considering she is part demon, has no clue about it. Why could the angels not see it??
Reply Quote
She isnt part demon. Adria was corrupted by Diablo through Aiden in Diablo 1.
There is a back story behind it, you just need to find it in the books.

We dont know what happens to Leah's soul, thats something i cant wait to find out.
Leah isnt part Demon neither. She has powers because her mother was Adria, who was a witch.
Reply Quote
She isnt part demon. Adria was corrupted by Diablo through Aiden in Diablo 1.
There is a back story behind it, you just need to find it in the books.

We dont know what happens to Leah's soul, thats something i cant wait to find out.
Leah isnt part Demon neither. She has powers because her mother was Adria, who was a witch.

It was my understanding that Diablo was in fact her father, since he was in control of the Dark Wanderer when he impregnated Adria. It was also my understanding that Leah got her powers from daddy. The OP asked about Adria - she was evil all along. Even in Diablo 1, Cain mentions that Adria showed up right when the troubles began, and that no one was ever able to get inside of her hut. She left the Coven to seek out Diablo, and made a deal with him while Aidan and the other adventurers were fighting their way down towards Hell.
Reply Quote
02/28/2013 01:53 PMPosted by Starblazer
It was my understanding that Diablo was in fact her father

From what i understand of the situation was that yes, Diablo was in Aiden. Aiden fought Diablo all the way till we killed Diablo in the Chaos Sanctuary.

Aiden still was a man, his soul being curropted, and as far as we know... Adria is also a human.... Yet, now that you mention it.

02/28/2013 01:53 PMPosted by Starblazer
Even in Diablo 1, Cain mentions that Adria showed up right when the troubles began, and that no one was ever able to get inside of her hut.

Adria might not be completely human... Interesting.

Because she is still "youthful looking" as per a dialogue in Diablo 3....

... Very interesting... Diablo might've had a bigger grip on Adria than Aiden...
Reply Quote
I don't know if Diablo had a grip on Adria or not. She was likely the co-leader of the Coven even before she came to Tristram. In Diablo 1, she had a manic wild voice, while in Diablo 3, she sounded calm and somewhat bitter. She may have been a younger woman in D1 and was roughly middle-aged in Diablo 3.
Reply Quote
she's some old witch in diablo 1, they kinda changed her in diablo 3 so the relationship could be believable. and yeah it's a poor story. apparently she was the only one could could bring the mega evil souls of diablo and friends back into the real world cause she marked them back when their soulstones were destroyed in diablo 2, yet not even tyrael seems concerned at the magic and ritual used leading up to her betrayal.
Reply Quote
Your inability to predict a twist doesn't make it bad. There's no backstory for Adria prior to this game. She was the spell merchant in D1, did not appear at all in D2. Until D3 we know nothing about her past. Then, if you'd listen to the books in game, Adria is strongly implied to be Maghda's counterpart in the demon cult. The fact that she left the cult does not mean she stopped being a worshipper of the prime evils.

They don't need to foreshadow every detail. Everything has to crop up first at some point. If they made everything obvious before it happened, you'd be complaining about that, too.
Reply Quote
02/28/2013 05:17 AMPosted by Rain
Adria was corrupted by Diablo through Aiden in Diablo 1.

Diablo didn't corrupt her. She was the co-leader of the Coven along with Maghda long before the events of Tristram occurred. She sought out Diablo, and arrived in Tristram right around the time that the fighting started.
Reply Quote
Diablo didn't corrupt her. She was the co-leader of the Coven along with Maghda long before the events of Tristram occurred. She sought out Diablo, and arrived in Tristram right around the time that the fighting started.

And this my friends is what we call a retcon.

In Diablo 1 the story always danced around the fact that she is good but misunderstood character, and it was truely awesome. Also, she was an old crone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7Zm8f2j3dk
Reply Quote
That's all expansion fodder.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]