Diablo® III

Who's still buying them vile wards?

I managed to pick up an Archon shoulder plan yesterday. After just 3 tries, I ended up with a pretty decent shoulder. Been eyeing on Vile Wards forever but could never afford one that has a good amount of vit on it. With the new crafting in place, I don't see why anyone would buy vile ward now. Yes, there is 300 life regen, but in no way that is better than 200+ vit, which can give you 10k-15k health.

551 armor
163 str
219 vit
59 arcane resist
66 all resist
13% gold find

I went to AH after crafting my own. The vile wards with 30+ vit are still going for 30mil - 70mil. My goodness, I wonder who's buying them now.
Reply Quote
I managed to pick up an Archon shoulder plan yesterday. After just 3 tries, I ended up with a pretty decent shoulder. Been eyeing on Vile Wards forever but could never afford one that has a good amount of vit on it. With the new crafting in place, I don't see why anyone would buy vile ward now. Yes, there is 300 life regen, but in no way that is better than 200+ vit, which can give you 10k-15k health.

551 armor
163 str
219 vit
59 arcane resist
66 all resist
13% gold find

I went to AH after crafting my own. The vile wards with 30+ vit are still going for 30mil - 70mil. My goodness, I wonder who's buying them now.

Crafting killed a lot of the intrest thats for sure. I have some self found vile wards that when I found them were 100-200m type of shoulders Now I have them on the AH at 50m but ofcourse i would face to face trade them for 40. So yea the value has dropped a lot. That being said I still play with people daily who tell me how they have spent x million gold on crafting and havent found an upgrade.
Reply Quote
A well rolled Vile Ward can compete with the new crafted shoulders, but there is no doubt Viles have lost a bit of their value.
Reply Quote
They pretty much need nearly 200 primary, decent 75+ vit, and pick up range to be worth much these days.

Buddy of mine bought a 10 million dollar str pair like that and flipped them on JSP for 40, so the market is still there because the armor and regen is a given.
Reply Quote
Rolled ~210 INT, 52 AR, 10% Life Archon shoulders on my first go for my wizard. They're not great but they've got it where it counts.

I'll probably take another crack at it if I can find the VIT plan, but I've definitely stopped shopping Vile Ward.
Edited by notsofst#1108 on 2/22/2013 11:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
my wards went for 750k lol..

soon they'll all be brims
Reply Quote
I wouldn't mind seeing them drop quite a bit in price. I am sure the people who already invested a lot of gold into them don't want to see it happen though.

If they did drop a lot in price I would probably buy one just because I think they look awesome! And I definitely favor looks over stats a little more than I should sometimes haha
Reply Quote
Vile wards are pointless in HC if they are missing vit or % life. I'll be crafting my own and I only need to get an ar roll and some primary stat so it's easy to beat viles. Don't really need regen nor armor because my passive gives me 2% regen anyway and over 10k armor. I'll probably just craft myself some nice vitality items for all 5 slots in fact.
Reply Quote
Vile wards look awesome, except for that, they're useless now..Thats why I thought it really sucks that new items dont have a special design

With less than 10 tries I've crafted these 2 dex shoulders

1 - 293dex, 81vit, 70AR and
2 - 230dex, 90vit, +200armor, 8%life and 73AR
so yeah, its really easy to roll amazing shoulders simply coz with shoulders you only need two rolls which are vit + AR
Reply Quote
You should be crafting vitality shoulders as vit is far more valuable in hc.
Reply Quote
I crafted INT shoulders last night. They compare *very* well to VW:

212 int
88 vit
78 all resist
9% life
242 armor
619 spikes

I certainly will not be in the market for vile ward. It took about 30 attempts to get these shoulders. These shoulders were a very nice upgrade for me.
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 02:47 PMPosted by Smithey77
Vile wards look awesome, except for that, they're useless now.

dunno why people overexagurate this so much.

Unless they lack vit, viles are still good, and some people don't have good luck with crafting.

recently sold a dex/vit set for 8 mil and they sold out in <10 mins.
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 03:03 PMPosted by Ace
You should be crafting vitality shoulders as vit is far more valuable in hc.

Maybe if your using more than one class. A +200 vit +190int shoulders isn't really what I'm looking for on my monk. I need the stars to align to craft better than my viles, going with vit would only lessen my chances.
Reply Quote
I love my VW! Give them all to me if you don't want.

I prefer twirling around demon corpses over sitting in town crafting, bleh
Reply Quote
Dex/vit vile wards with resists are very good for Monks. Because of the need to craft the correct resist. I crafted 50 shoulders to get the ones I'm wearing. I'm thinking 10m wouldn't be out of line for a VW that also gives me armor and LpS. I'm not paying 50m+ gold for them though.

One more thing to keep on mind is that VWs are tradeable. In SC once someone crafts a better shoulder they never need a VW again. They may need to buy another shoulder in HC, however. Money you spend on a VW you may see again when you get an upgrade.
Reply Quote
Sold my dex/vit/pick up radius for 45m 2 days ago
Reply Quote
I like my wizards vile wards, it was a great find and came from a resplendent chest to boot!
Reply Quote
i love my crafted shoulder. to me, the vile wards are a bit meh looking on my wiz. glad i didn't buy one. took me 3 tries to get the ones i have. though a little low on vit, the str was needed for my low armor.
Reply Quote
I've crafted ammy, gloves and bracers maybe 80 times now with only 1 marginal upgrade. I've spend millions on this and it seems to be a dead end. It's a good gold sink for the game, but it's inflated prices of crafting materials and gems. I don't see ever being able to replace my Vile Wards with crafted ones. Thinking about giving up on crafting bracers and looking for a Lacuni with CC 6 and AR +60.
Reply Quote
Spent most of my gold on crafting bout 140m since the patch. I have had a lot of upgrades and side grades.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]