Diablo® III

Are manajuma's knife not good since RD nerf?

Anyone running AC/Bears on high mp without one or a similar 1 hander with LS?
Reply Quote
Why would LS not be "good"?
I've tried other weapons, and LS is just too valuable to get rid of, at least for me. I've tried other weapons, but I've always went back to my LS weapon to keep me alive. Mind you that I don't have Blackthorns pants, or any LoH gear at all...so for me it's something I need.

I'm pretty sure Acid Cloud builds could do away with a LS wep, and Zombie dog builds get away with no LS wepons. Zombie bear build... I'm thinking LS is a must.
Edited by DonBukka#1245 on 2/23/2013 3:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
Still a beautiful weapon. LS is always awesome and there's no amount of dps that would make me sack it. Staying alive and continuing to fight is all the extra dps you need. If you're going bears, it is basically mandatory if you have any sort of intention of playing past mp5.
Reply Quote
Even without factoring in the LS the high INT/CD combo is too good to pass up. I was surprised how much CD out performed black + elemental% damage.
Edited by Jimbob#1821 on 2/23/2013 2:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
OP, you still need LS. The Reflect shield comes on and off, but at different times for different members of the pack...the problem is with bears, you will hit more than one of the members of the pack...some will have reflect on, some off. You still need LS unless you can skilfully just target the elite pack member that doesn't have reflect on...its not practical
Reply Quote
And to top it all off you can get one with a socket as well and get set bounces if you wish.
Edited by Umbra#1460 on 2/23/2013 3:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
the problem is i think the equivalent non-manajuma knife will cost you more: If you get an equivalent dps weap that isn't a manajuma knife but with the same LS level
Reply Quote
02/23/2013 03:07 PMPosted by fabbyhunter
the problem is i think the equivalent non-manajuma knife will cost you more: If you get an equivalent dps weap that isn't a manajuma knife but with the same LS level

Well, ya, because all the other classes are able to use it.

Manajuma's is just a beastly weapon, 900+ dps juma's + socket + a high damage mojo is great for higher mps.
Reply Quote
Min dmg is the only problem with the Mana....I switched to a Butcher's sickle that I got for a steal - and it's black dmg.

I'm sure a Mana with a red marquise is pretty bad !@# though.
Reply Quote
I actually put my black weapon back on my monk after I put a marq ruby in my old knife and ran a few tests. The nice part on the knife is that if you get/have a good %damage number it really makes the ruby shine. Black was nice since if you had a real nice CHC the min damage CHC procs really added up and crushed trash mobs to death but after testing the marq ruby in my old knife it now slightly outpeforms my monk's sword.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]