Diablo® III

To go for 0dog or not... THAT is the question

Well I have nearly 2b gold now and wondering if I should blow 500mil ish on some 0dog gear or just figure out what upgrades I need. My profile is just gear I use for speed low mp.

With 0dog would that just allow me to solo higher mp easier? like mp10? currently I can do 10 but why bother really.

Just been really wanting to try it but 500mil to TRY something..?
Reply Quote
View profile
Check out this dudes thread. It's linked to his external guide. He has videos and everything else you want to know about 0 dogs.

0 DOG Guide http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7810093065

You could also find some to play with first and watch it first hand.
Reply Quote
View profile
Just get a friend that has 0 dog gear and borrow it to try? I've borrowed a number of friends 0 dog gear. I have fun playing 0 dog... but I think it gets old faster than a bear build. I hate mashing any button even if it is really just one... it brings me back to my CM wiz days... those were painful days.
Reply Quote
I honestly think that 0dog is the best pve build for WD. I have tried bears and in my experience its just not as efficient. I have 126k dps with follower and i farm mp7 pretty easily without a lifesteal wep in my 0dog gear. High monster density areas like keeps and arreat crater lvl 2? Nothing cleans up those large trash mobs like 0dog in my experience, spirit walk in the center of a large mob cast soul harvest (languish rune) tap sacrafice 3-4 times and they are toast. . For elites i toss out voodoo with slam dance and make short work of them.

When i say that i dont think bears are as efficient im talking mp6+ I dont really play any lower mp level than that.
Edited by Pwnani#1343 on 2/23/2013 5:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
Just...just....add me in game :) bujitsa#1343

And ofgortens, I've had my CM wiz days! I think with me, it just morphed into 0 dog...and sorry about bailing out of the game so quick today. I hope I'll be on tomorrow :)
Reply Quote
02/23/2013 03:37 PMPosted by ofgortens
. I hate mashing any button even if it is really just one... it brings me back to my CM wiz days... those were painful days.

This has what has kind of stopped me from wanting to even really jump into saving for this kind of build. LOL, Also I use a mechanical Keyboard and I'm sure my friends would hate hearing a key being smashed repeatedly for hours during skype calls.
Reply Quote
well I stole a 7sec 26% 6% psn dmg SOJ for cheap so i guess i am going to give it a shot! lol
Reply Quote
why doesnt anyone use a Zuni Vision? I mean you would lose out on the AR (but could get it back with the 3 zuni peice) also you lose 3-6 crit but gain alot more life.
Reply Quote
Ummm...I do...
Reply Quote
why zuni over visage?
Reply Quote
02/24/2013 01:10 PMPosted by Dropsy
why zuni over visage?

Visage can naturally roll Zombie Dog +1 random, which can be crit chance.

Zuni can only roll one random property, it must be Zombie dog reduction.

Potential damage on Visage will always be higher than Zuni, plus visage gets all resist.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/24/2013 10:14 PMPosted by JonkZ
Potential damage on Visage will always be higher than Zuni, plus visage gets all resist.

You'd get AR running a 3 pc zuni from the set. So really it just comes down to if you want more life or dmg. Zuni helms can also roll higher intel... so the extra potential 100 int vs crit is what you would really be comparing for damage. Zuni will win hp everytime with the vit & life roll.

Neither one is bad if you can get it to mix well with the rest of your gear. You get to choose the path you want to take with your gear...
Reply Quote
I can answer this question.
If you want to go for high end 0dog, then go for it. but price wise for visage with same 6cc, same intel, same AR but if one has Acid Cloud vs Zombie bonus, Zombie bonus helm is 6x more expensive.

I guess it's very expensive to build 0dog and I am wondering if it is as efficient as sns/cm wiz in high mp even though the playing style is similar?

I tested Visage last night in mp7. I lost tons of hp going from Zuni helm to visage for that extra cc and ar. Can't tell the efficiency nor mitigation at this time. But I have high APS so the reduction to bear charger and mana regeneration are welcome.
Reply Quote
Well from what I have gathered is that IAS is bis for 0 dogs. (the faster you cast your dogs; the more boom and health globes. So I'm actually thinking for 0 dog, Tals chest, Lacunis, Innas pants are the way to go. But I dont have zero dogs yet...still need the ring.
Reply Quote
I want more dps but cant decide what i should upgrade. Yes i kno im using SOJ and my skills are wierd cuz in trying out new things with sacrifice build. Ive blown several 100 mil and maybe im looking at wrong items? Someone plz help
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]