Diablo® III

Can a PS4 match a GTX 670 / core i5 PC?

Just wanna know.

Since I heard because consoles dont have the direct X overlay it makes them 3 times faster than a PC of same specs

My concern used to be how console held back PC gaming since the holy grail of PC gaming has and always will be graphics. And console port were always terrible. But now with consoles running high end Visuals its a done deal, PS4 graphics are fine by me, time to start focusing on gameplay yea?

I wonder if a PS4 can run BF3 at max?

Also anyone seen the god of war superbowl ad by chance? pretty epic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aDhfTGkLTg
Edited by JOHN#12280 on 2/23/2013 6:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
A PC will ALWAYS out perform a Console. 100% of the time.
Reply Quote
PS4 game that come out this year will below away any and all PC games, that's just the way it is with almost all new consoles in past 15 years.(Wii is more like a toy instead of a true gaming machine)
Reply Quote
You can always upgrade the graphic cards for a PC, but the PS4 will be something to look forward to.
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 02:17 PMPosted by Abirn

Name me be a single PC game looks better than a good looking PS2 game in 2000 or a a good looking 360 game in 2005.
Reply Quote
Just wanna know.

Since I heard because consoles dont have the direct X overlay it makes them 3 times faster than a PC of same specs

My concern used to be how console held back PC gaming since the holy grail of PC gaming has and always will be graphics. And console port were always terrible.

I wonder if a PS4 can run BF3 at max?

I doubt it. Raw specs seem to favor against the PS4's currently released specs.

PS4 Specs

Combined CPU/GPU (its an AMD "apu") 8 core.

The gpu supposedly has the power to do 1.84 TFLOPS. Which is very high.

GTX 670 Specs

2.4595 TFLOPS.

So what we know from this is that GTX 670 > PS4 GPU.

What we don't know is how the cpu part of that chip compared to an i5 (depends which i5). Chances are it will be close but my money is on the i5/670 combo.
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 02:19 PMPosted by Rognar

Name me be a single PC game looks better than a good looking PS2 game in 2000 or a a good looking 360 game in 2005.

Not sure if this is a troll or just stupid.
Reply Quote
^ but the thing is the PS4 has 8GB OF GDDR5 RAM

No PC has this.

Plus light OS and no Direct X and very optimized games.

Won't a PS4 then atleast match a GTX 670 + core i5 PC?
Reply Quote
Rognar pretty much hit the nail on the head so to speak. When a console first comes out, the first generation games almost always look amazing and PC hardware can't really keep up. This is for a lot of reasons but the easy ones are things like optimization's for one specific set of hardware with a fixed configuration, lightweight OS without background processes to worry about, etc...

Now after a few years though the pure processing power and newer gpus will surpass the console and the situation will switch so that the PC is better. That's why right now console games look much worse than PC games as we are at the end of a console cycle.
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 02:24 PMPosted by ElfenS0uL

Not sure if this is a troll or just stupid.

I am not sure you are a complete retard or just going for the straw.
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 02:19 PMPosted by Rognar

You must have been dropped on the head and kicked in the face when you were younger.
Dumbest comment made in 2013 so far.
Reply Quote
^ so with the ubber optimizations that consoles come with, its safe to say that the PS4 can produce graphics/performance of a PC that carries a GTX 670 / core i5

And possibly more powerful than a GTX 660 and a core i3 right?

Especially since it has 8GB GDDR5 RAM which no PC can find?

I just want to make sure graphics in PS4 is good enough so they can start focusing on gameplay now.
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 02:27 PMPosted by johno86

You must have been dropped on the head and kicked in the face when you were younger.
Dumbest comment made in 2013 so far.

Reply Quote
absolutely not. the PS4 will not be anywhere close to modern PCs in terms of graphics and performance. the killzone 4 demo was very underwhelming when compared to modern PC games. I was expecting to see games that looked like the original crysis with the photo realism mod and what we got was something that only looked slightly better than last gen games. really disappointed.
Reply Quote
Next Gen consoles will still pale in comparison to mediocre current day PC's.
There's a reason they only cost a few hundred dollars as opposed to a few thousand.
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 02:33 PMPosted by padako
really disappointed.

Wait for the 2nd and 3rd Gen games on the PS4. It'll get better.
Reply Quote
^ so with the ubber optimizations that consoles come with, its safe to say that the PS4 can produce graphics/performance of a PC that carries a GTX 670 / core i5

I just want to make sure graphics in PS4 is good enough so they can start focusing on gameplay now.

Are you ignoring the fact that it usually takes a few years before the software actually takes advantage of all those optimized hardware abilities of a new console?

Top of the line hardware for pc already is ahead of the ps4, it's just not the strongpoint of consoles. What is however is that they are dirt cheap compared to comparable pc configurations.
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 02:27 PMPosted by Rognar

This is hilarious...LOL
Reply Quote

Are you ignoring the fact that it usually takes a few years before the software actually takes advantage of all those optimized hardware abilities of a new console?

Top of the line hardware for pc already is ahead of the ps4, it's just not the strongpoint of consoles. What is however is that they are dirt cheap compared to comparable pc configurations.

+1
Finally a person who understands hardware.
Reply Quote
LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aDhfTGkLTg

God of War ascension superbowl video does part of this video coming to the end look like CGI?

Also is GOW a better hack and slash than D3?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]