Diablo® III

Is Blizzard "done" with Diablo 3?

(Locked)

I would seriously like to see some serious feedback from blizz on this subject. If they managed to fix the broken itemization (getting items that suck for you) as well as the auction house, I would literally recommend this game to all of my friends, but its broken. There are also several other problems that need to be addressed that a patch can't fix, and you would need an expansion for, EG graphics, repetitiveness (Random dungeons areas etc.), and the crafting system. This game would truly be amazing and what everyone wants but they just keep mozying around it and barely supporting it every few months with a couple of tiny patches which just fix small balancing problems. The fact that they are now implementing PvP 1 year after release in its absolute simplest form further proves my point. I want concrete facts about good patches which significantly add more fixes to the game and news of an expansion which would fix the larger problems before I get back in to this (or my friends in to it).
I don't think they're done - I just think they don't know what to do with the position they find themselves in and with the shell of a community they've got left. So when in doubt - lateral to console and milk it for all you can before it grinds to a halt!

Maybe the new lead will have some good ideas.

The saddest part is if they announced an expansion today for say $50 retail that ACTUALLY included everything they promised would be in the game from the start, I would buy it. This piecemeal content patching, misguided balancing changes, and failure to address the community on glaring issues of the game as a whole is just brutal.

If you need to extort a little more money out of me to bankroll delivering the Diablo-worthy game you initially promised, just do it already. Launch a Kickstarter. Renew everyone's Annual Pass. Just don't make people wait through another year of quarterly patches for the title to catch up to where it should have been on Day 1. The longer you wait to make the big, meaningful change, the fewer DIablo faithful you'll find willing to take you up on your offer.
I really want to work at blizzard, I am sure it is so much fun sitting around with the other CM's joking and smokin' about general chat.
02/25/2013 07:49 PMPosted by Grimiku
We have already added in a number of changes like Monster Power, the Paragon system, and the Infernal Machine since launch, and we have every intention of continuing our support for Diablo III. That support covers a lot of stuff like hot fixing critical bugs, class and monster balancing, as well as patching in new content.

Grim I am admittedly new to the Diablo series. Have all the prior Diablo's had affix systems like the one in this game? Basically, did they all roll random stats on different types of loot and the drop rate of great items was REALLY low?
Edited by googoogaga#1998 on 2/25/2013 8:41 PM PST
Does Blizzard intend to keep creating content for D3?

Since the game is a flat cost of $60, I assume there is no intention to keep putting work into the game (content wise) because there is no incentive.

Unless Blizzard did expanions.

But then, the game is being ported to PS3/PS4, DLC expansions?

I just would like some concrete answers before I dump hundreds of hours into this game...

If you are already considered dumping 100s of hours into this game, then your question is irrelevant. $60 for hundreds of hours of usage is an absolute steal.
1 Gnome Warrior
They should sell the franchise to a company who can make the game better a true ARPG, one worthy to be called Diablo 3.
We have already added in a number of changes like Monster Power, the Paragon system, and the Infernal Machine since launch, and we have every intention of continuing our support for Diablo III. That support covers a lot of stuff like hot fixing critical bugs, class and monster balancing, as well as patching in new content.

Waiting 9 months for monster power, paragon leveling, and hellfire ring is simply unacceptable.
All they have done so far is throw band-aids on some problems they had at release.

Are you serious?

In fact I would say there's not enough bandaids. Chat functionality needs to be greatly expanded. But the support for this game has been incredible - please point me to a game that has had as much support, patching, content, and bug fixes as Diablo 3 thus far.

And then I can just conclude that THAT game has just received ~bandaids~.

Waiting 9 months for monster power, paragon leveling, and hellfire ring is simply unacceptable.

Uh ok, so my advice is play another game and communicate on the forums of that game that has all the features at launch that you want and that receives the continuing support that you want.

If something seems unacceptable to you *don't accept it.* Move on.

Last updated on Feb 23, 2013 5:21 PM PST - You got your moneys' worth in any case. And it's almost like you do accept it.

Are you serious?

In fact I would say there's not enough bandaids. Chat functionality needs to be greatly expanded. But the support for this game has been incredible - please point me to a game that has had as much support, patching, content, and bug fixes as Diablo 3 thus far.

And then I can just conclude that THAT game has just received ~bandaids~.

Most games don't need this much support because they don't suck directly out of the box.

In my opinion, most games actually DO suck directly out of the box.
Most games don't receive support at all. Your response intrigues me, why don't you give me some examples of games that don't suck.
Edited by Socrates#1132 on 2/25/2013 9:52 PM PST

Why no mention of the actual replacement for the PvP Arenas/Team Deathmatch and the matchmaking system?

In this preview we got promised "more formalized play-space designed exclusively for PvP combat along with matchmaking".
http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/1161/pvparenas.jpg

That preview got edited recently and the part about the PvP arenas got changed to "Player vs Player":
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/what-is
The only PvP mode discussed is the Scorched Chapel. Why is that?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/media/videos/?view=what-is-diablo3
^This video trailer promises "fierce player vs player gladiatorial arenas", is it going to end up edited too?
What happened?

According to Jay Wilson in his most recent PvP Update, they "are going back to the drawing board on a new replacement for Team Deathmatch, something that feels more appropriate for Diablo III. And as we stated previously, regardless of when we release it, it'll be a free addition to the game".
Why no mention of that? Anything changed?
Rokman, I've played the game for 400+ hours. So far I'm very disappointed with this game. There's nothing to do after level cap accept for paragon leveling. Which is extremely boring and pointless, every identical hero is the same as any other players, so there is no uniqueness with whatever hero you make. Everything is handed to you on a platter.

You should definitely go through the game and get at least 7-10k elite kills so you can give your own two cents about the game. Right now though, my only advice is to get to lvl 60, and when you finally get the gear to do MP3 solo in Inferno...Let the game sit till expansion arrives, cause honestly, it will be pointless playing and investing so much time since entry level gear in the new expansion will blow away what we're working so hard for at the moment.

Blizz, you need to get moving on this game or it'll fade soon. For those of you who want proof, it's right under your noses...Your friends list is the biggest indicator of how bad things are right now. Out of my 11 friends, 9 haven't logged back in for 80+ days.

Just saying.
Edited by Bane#1809 on 2/25/2013 10:50 PM PST
02/25/2013 08:08 PMPosted by k0nawo1v
Shut the game down, take a year, fix it.
Are you kidding me? I play this game every day and rarely post on the forums. They can patch the game while it's live.. the graphics are fine.. they dont need to rebuild the whole damn game to fix the issues.
View profile
They have already proved it to me that they are in this for the long haul. They are not gonna cut and run like other game companies would after they made $600 million+ in sales. They keep working on their games to make them more awesome.

They have added in a lot of new features that was not in the game at launch.

paragon system - adding a grind system that gives practically very little to zero bonuses, who the hell cares about extra MF/GF or that tiny bit of stats?? there is absolutely no reason to grind your character

infernal machine - to craft a ring for the sake of more grinding?!? the special fireball is absolutely cosmetic and useless...and b*tch pls...the rolls are piss poor

monster power - the only reason to even use it is to get a better drop rate...its still a terrible reward vs difficulty system

pvp - piss poor game lobby, no matchmaking, how the hell do u expect people to find others for pvp?? use that disgusting chat channel crap? pls
The question has been answered, the post that spam blah blah blah fix this fix that, they are people that just continue to post bad things, just look at there posts, not one contructive comment in most of the whiners, all they ever do is whine.
[/quote]

Has your friend tried Hardcore? There are very few level 100s there. I don't think anybody can do MP10 ubers yet. And there is so much to find, because when you find a gfg item, chances are it's one of a kind, or there are only a handful of them (unlike SC where the market is completely saturated). I don't think anybody is "finished" over there.[/quote]

I wouldn't recommend hardcore in it's current state to any friend, I lost my only two 'high' level characters to rubberbanding/lag. I wish HC was available offline, I would love to do that
Rokman, I've played the game for 400+ hours. So far I'm very disappointed with this game. There's nothing to do after level cap accept for paragon leveling. Which is extremely boring and pointless, every identical hero is the same as any other players, so there is no uniqueness with whatever hero you make. Everything is handed to you on a platter.

You should definitely go through the game and get at least 7-10k elite kills so you can give your own two cents about the game. Right now though, my only advice is to get to lvl 60, and when you finally get the gear to do MP3 solo in Inferno...Let the game sit till expansion arrives, cause honestly, it will be pointless playing and investing so much time since entry level gear in the new expansion will blow away what we're working so hard for at the moment.

Blizz, you need to get moving on this game or it'll fade soon. For those of you who want proof, it's right under your noses...Your friends list is the biggest indicator of how bad things are right now. Out of my 11 friends, 9 haven't logged back in for 80+ days.

Just saying.

lol you must be a very lonely asz person , while i consider the game has some flaws , whenever i feel like playing out of my 40 friends list theres always a minimun of 7-8 of them playing at any given time.
Edited by DrGreen#1802 on 2/26/2013 4:58 AM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]