Diablo® III

The Salvation of Diablo 3: A Guide by Gosu

This is the definition of an epic post. I applaud the thought, time and effort that went into its creation.
I'm still reading your wall o'China Gosu, and I'm really enjoying your what you've written so far. (I've just finished the wizard section). And I have a comment for you: Try and utilize the build that I'm using right now, with my wiz, you'll see how powerful meteor is.... And that's with my mediocre dps...
This is the definition of an epic post. I applaud the thought, time and effort that went into its creation.

^ This
Awesome post. It would almost seem easier to take all of the ideas and create a new game.
d3 slacks.
This is fantastic! The most helpful insight into this game that I have ever seen. Hopefully your hard work doesn't go unnoticed. I wish the devs could have an honest conversion with the people who seemingly put more thought into their game than they do. Instead of saying "Those are some great ideas and valid points! but...(long winded explanation why Blizz knows best)"
I read the whole thing, and I'm blaming you if my boss gets angry for not getting any work done this morning.

Blizzard: hire this guy as your new game director. Warning: he might make the devs/coders run some suicides.

Many excellent ideas here to remove the discrepancy in epicness between the game's awesome combat system and the rest of its systems.

The WD area is sparse like you said, but most of the WD problems would be fixed by your itemization solutions.

Particularly liked some of the simple solutions, like removing variation from base item damage:

In D1, every Bastard Sword had a base damage of 6-15, so if you found a King's Bastard Sword of Vampires/Speed you knew it was epic, but there was still some variation on the King's affix which separated an awesome item from a godly item, and this was mostly in aesthetics.

D3 added variation to weapon damage, and multiplied this by basing virtually all damage on weapon damage. I think the latter is a good change for balancing melee/casters (it's been awhile since I played a game where melee was the most powerful) but it would work better if base weapons were like D1.

I have a lot of faith in Blizzard and think that most of this stuff has already been planned for implementation, but intentionally staggered to expansions. The result is (unintentionally) low-balling the community on the vanilla version.

From a purely corporate/business standpoint, they need to take several of these systems planned for expansions and implement them now, or gamers in the future will just wait on buying their games until the xpacs come out (costing Blizzard money since the vanilla version will be cheaper at that point, and less use of RMAH-type things in the meantime).

Big props to Gosu. Keep writing!
Edited by Dikembe#1368 on 2/27/2013 12:18 PM PST
I've just finished reading it. Thank you for all of your insights - that mostly I agree with - and for taking such a long time to help improve some the game's system. And again Gosu...

If you want to see how truly powerful meteor can be come run with me. And that's even with my mediocre dps (which results in low mp play).
Edited by Ravlaor#1393 on 2/27/2013 12:23 PM PST
sadly tons of threads like these have faded into the past, buried.
02/27/2013 12:19 PMPosted by KradisZ

And all we get is a wall of qqing...

wall of qqing? wtf that's passion/player dedication written all over page 1 idiot.

any company would love to have blizzard's players, just that they'd probably all acknowledge them more than bliz does.

i already made my walls of text regarding D3, it got addressed by a CM, they confirmed with me the direction D3 is going. it's not my game.

i have more fun reading the forums though with people talkign down about other games and saying d3 is superior in every way with nary a thought involved.

like the PC vs. console argument. (PC wins hands down, i have an nes, snes, ps2, dc, gc, ps3, used to have an xbox, guess which one lived the longest? PC.)

i do still provide help to those asking questions and not being condescending about other games vs. this game though. if you enjoy d3 fine whatever good. that's what a game is for, raving about it vs. something else is a different story.

"The profundities are mine to ransack!"
if anyone gets the reference.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 2/27/2013 1:08 PM PST
Fan boys are gonna soil themselves when they see 4 entire posts on what's wrong with this game.
Bump just because it deserves it. +1
Nice work!! Will the development team come to read this?
that took a long time to go through, great post, loved the suggestions, especially the pay for dungeons
Edited by Chogurt#1863 on 3/1/2013 7:34 PM PST
02/27/2013 12:55 PMPosted by KradisZ

wall of qqing? wtf that's passion/player dedication written all over page 1 idiot.

any company would love to have blizzard's players, just that they'd probably all acknowledge them more than bliz does.

i already made my walls of text regarding D3, it got addressed by a CM, they confirmed with me the direction D3 is going. it's not my game.

i have more fun reading the forums though with people talkign down about other games and saying d3 is superior in every way with nary a thought involved.

like the PC vs. console argument. (PC wins hands down, i have an nes, snes, ps2, dc, gc, ps3, used to have an xbox, guess which one lived the longest? PC.)

i do still provide help to those asking questions and not being condescending about other games vs. this game though. if you enjoy d3 fine whatever good. that's what a game is for, raving about it vs. something else is a different story.

"The profundities are mine to ransack!"
if anyone gets the reference.

Calm down and scroll up. You'll see that I actually loved the post. I was refering to the wall of text as the posts on the front page of the generals. I hate trolling... If I have nothing worthy to say I don't post.... And I've been posting regularly since pre-beta.
02/27/2013 12:56 PMPosted by Omega
Fan boys are gonna soil themselves when they see 4 entire posts on what's wrong with this game.

I've been accused of being a fanboy, but I'm happy about the passion and constructive criticism that went into Gosu's post. Maybe that makes me a Fan Man?
+1 and props to you. I agree with almost everything you said. Some of your ideas are really good, and some are stupid good! Nephalem power - great idea. Itemization, no doubt.

I do like this game, but your post also does sadden me a bit because this game really, really could just rock my world and it doesn't. Let's hope they do something with some of this stuff in an expansion or something.

Someone should hire you, or at least listen. You've got some great ideas.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]