Diablo® III

What character would you like to know more about?

06/29/2013 08:51 PMPosted by Berwyn
Wirt and his connection to cows.
I actually wrote a little fanfic regarding this. You might like it.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4926594481
Reply Quote
I've always wanted to know more about the moo moo farm. How did that happen, where did the cows come from and how did they gain the ability to walk on two legs?
Reply Quote
- Horazon, where did he ulitmately go?
- Bartuc, how did he end up guarding Hell's armories?
- Lazarus, where did he come from, why did he become evil?

- More angels! There has to be more archangels beside the Angiris. I wanna see a fat, jolly angel of Joy!

Lazarus was sent by Mephisto when he corrupted the zakarum.
Reply Quote
Shen. Everyone loves Shen. If the next expansion is not all about Shen, I will drive to the Blizzard offices and make you all eat Shen fanfic.
This wonderful character seems to have come out of nowhere and set up his shop directly in my heart and all of my friends. They were all asking me what his back story was. They like him that much. I wish I had something to tell them.
Reply Quote
Anu and the dragon. Ok, if The Book of Cain is formulated for Diablo 3 and would have just boosted the story line beyond belief, then why not use it to finalize the trilogy. I love the theory of Anu and the Dragon being the main forces behind the Diablo story and from the beginning of time within. They literally were seperated from eachother originally to become one perfect entity. But, Anu could not just void his imperfections, thus the other half becomes the dragon.They battle it out, exploding into the prime evils and and the angiris council. Heaven and hell were created in the blast as well. The game story needs a more definitive core, especially when the Diablo 3 story seemed rushed. Cool concept of the prime evil, but I still know nothing much about the world of sanctuary, the depth of the universe, and the fate of so many faces from previous games. Please include this.

Ultimately, Bartuc the Warlord of Blood would be my first pick though. The man turns evil after flirting with demonic possession and ends up having to battle his brother Horazon. Add an awesome set of cursed armor and lust from blood. Sold on a possibly great story.Not only is there nostaglia from diablo 2 but definitely room for his side of the story.

Runner ups- A ghost cameo of The Wanderer or a zombie of farnham the drunk...or is he just drunk?
Edited by Matheyus#1507 on 7/4/2013 1:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I forgot one. I think the angry guard who mans the third catapult in Act 3 needs his own story and/or game. He was one of the most memorable characters in the game, and I often prolong his quest just to hear more of his gripes.
Reply Quote
Any and all characters mentioned in set items.

Any and champions / factions classes mentioned in Diablo 2. ( If there are paladins, amazons, necromancers, sorcerers, druids and assasins around , they should've reacted to invasion right? )

Pandemonium Fortress. - Halbu.

Natalya, Ormus, Farnham, Arkaine, Shen, Adria..

Why such an amazing, clever, and by all means just character like Zoltun Kulle wasted so fast? He is by all means better than all other idiot idle Archangels except Tyrael. Actually They are like 2 brothers complete and compete each other.

( He is the only one who can sense the big game at play, he is the one who thinks to set humans free, and our Super-hero wannabe idiot Nephalem does not even listens to him / sigh)

Horazon and his Sanctuary. This is fantastic. I wish I had time to study this bizarre dimension
"He was not Horazon. He was a deluded fool who got too close to true power."

Reply Quote
Older thread...I noticed a few that I have answers for.

Griswold. Play D2. He is an undead which you kill in Old Tristram when rescuing Cain.

Warriv. I believe he is face down in a pool of his own blood in Act 1 where you find his journal alongside him.

Necromancer in Act 2 - Not really more info about him, but he does mention that his mentor is the Necromancer PC from D2.
Reply Quote
Zoltun Kulle, hands down. I found him to be a fascinating character. Having Steve Blum for a VA certainly helps :)
Edited by Sable#1266 on 8/22/2013 11:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The dark tales surrounding the realms of Diablo are far-reaching. They chronicle everything from [url="http://media.blizzard.com/d3/media/artwork/artwork-0042-full.jpg"]angels[/url] and [url="http://media.blizzard.com/d3/media/artwork/artwork-0088-full.jpg"]demons[/url], to humans, Nephlem, and beasts too [url="http://media.blizzard.com/d3/media/artwork/artwork-0044-full.jpg"]fearsome[/url] and innumerable to count.

Do you pour over each and every drop of Diablo lore? Are you curious about the back-stories behind various characters whose histories and intentions are shrouded in mystery? Do you wonder what became of the brooding faces and familiar places from Sanctuary’s past?

For this week's community question, we want to ask you: What Diablo lore character would you like to know more about?

Leave a comment below to let us know, or chime in on [url="http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151298572041641&set=a.213243671640.137416.157102206640&type=1"]Facebook [/url]or [url="https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/307202839539765248"]Twitter[/url]!

Are you sure you are ready to dive down deep into the lore? :)

If so, I am going to ask you a question I know you won't, and can't answer.

Trag'oul.

Why was he created.
How was he created.
How much influence did he really have over the Heavens and Hells.
Where did he go.

I suspect the answer could simply be a long the lines of hes the Avatar of Anu. But I want to hear it from you. :)
Reply Quote
Why was it that this Reincarnated Prime Evil, the sum total of all corruption, was so much weaker than its individual parts? Additionally, why was Diablo such a complete beast while engaging Imperius in combat yet so lackluster when facing the Nephalem, as well as his not being able to use his siblings powers.

Oh, an interesting inspection: In Act II when we at last resurrect Kulle and are about to complete the bargain, why do we then decide to betray him? Was he not going to part with the Black Soul Stone, Kulle may have been insane but everything he did was for the advancement of mortals and wanted the destruction of the 7 Evils as much, if not more than as he was a Horadrim, than the Nephalem.

This glaring plot hole of making a deal that benefits both parties to "Surprise !@#$%, I'm going to just kill you myself!", begs clarification.

~Regards
A Rampant AI~
Edited by ShadowStarr5#1189 on 8/25/2013 6:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'd like to know more about Maghda. In particular, was she human? If so, what was her background? Her appearance seems kind of fey, ie, with the butterflies and clothing.

Makes me wonder if she is from the Sharval Wilds, the heavily forested area of Entsteig that is an enchanted place of fey spirits, old customs and pagan rituals. I wonder if a possible nature based class would be possible hailing from the Sharval Wilds, ie with a druidic/shamanistic feel to it.

I would also like to know how the Sisterhood of the Sightless Eye went after Andariel was defeated - have they rebuilt/reformed?
Reply Quote
03/21/2013 11:29 PMPosted by Deak2112
I wanna know more about the sorcerer and rogue from D1. I'm a D1 fanboy and my fan fiction always revolves around it.

Well, I have bad news for you.

The sorcerer went on to find Horazon's Sanctuary (D2 Act II) and went mad. He is the Summoner the D2 adventurers kill.

The rogue returns to the Sister of the Sightless Eye, and is then corrupted by Andariel. The rogue from D1 becomes Bloodraven (killed in D2 Act I).
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 02:46 AMPosted by Psyberus
I wanna know more about the sorcerer and rogue from D1. I'm a D1 fanboy and my fan fiction always revolves around it.

Well, I have bad news for you.

The sorcerer went on to find Horazon's Sanctuary (D2 Act II) and went mad. He is the Summoner the D2 adventurers kill.

The rogue returns to the Sister of the Sightless Eye, and is then corrupted by Andariel. The rogue from D1 becomes Bloodraven (killed in D2 Act I).

Despite how ironically morbid that is, I find it gloriously amusing.

~Regards
A Rampant AI~
Reply Quote
Probably Natalya or Bul-Kathos. Anything of interest would be nice.
Reply Quote
It might be intresting to know more of the origins of the Treasure Goblins, and what's behind their portal. As far as I know it leads to the realm of greed, but I'm not sure if there is any lore explaining for what reason these goblins hoard all this loot, where it goes, and for what purpose ?
Reply Quote
Hmmm, I like the original story of Inarius, with the Overlords background and all of that. I'd like to see something done with it, maybe another angel or something. I'd say I want to see more of Inarius, but not from the "retcon" Inarius, but from the original Inarius, the guy who was deformed by Mephisto in the cathedral of mirrors.

The Diablo manual is awesome.
Reply Quote
I would like to know about the fate of D2 heroes. It's interesting to know how they ended after D2. At the moment we only know something about the Sorceress and Necromancer.

Apart from those, what happened to the villagers of Harrogath? Did they escaped?

And is the current whereabouts of Lilith?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]