Diablo® III

Reconnoiter and fix the system, please!

On the webpage: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-auction-house-transaction-status

The following is posted:

"Review"
"Your transaction is processing."
"Some transactions will be selected for additional review. These reviews ensure that transactions are properly handled without risk to the security of either account. The review process may take up to 72 hours to complete. Once the transaction is approved, it will complete normally."

72 hours. It's always been 72 hours; I have never heard otherwise...the website has always stated 72 hours. Don't get me wrong, I highly value and appreciate the "review process"; if, in fact, there actually is a 'human factor' involved. Not to digress further, back to the matter at hand.
Those are Blizzard's words, not mine, "…up to 72 hours". In all honesty, that is what truly upsets me here, as you will come to agree no doubt (?), after reading further.

I submitted a ticket, for whatever good it would do but, still gave Blizzard the benefit of the doubt. I simply stated my concern for the transactions pending; that the constant broadcasting of my financial information in attempt to pull funds is not a professional action I am comfortable with. My bank confirmed to me, I see just fine, by showing me the many attempts to withdraw funds. So I wrote a tactful and polite ticket by asking, in a nut-shell, "Are the transactions going to go through or not? I have waited patiently per the website’s instructions on said wait period (up to 72 hours) and I just simply want to know if I will get my money refunded, if no progress is made?

To recap: It’s been 72 hours and Blizzard’s site clearly states, matter-of-fact, “…may take up to 72 hours." (Did you catch it? I’ll say it again)... May_take_up_to. Based on the words in that sentence and being both very fluent and educated in the English language, it clearly states to me that 72 hours is the //maximum amount of time a buyer is expected to wait to receive goods purchased or have their money reimbursed//, the maximum amount of time....72 hours....and not a second more as otherwise the sentence could have read something like, "The review process may take up to 72 hours, OR MORE, to complete."

So, why am I so upset? The honest to goodness truth is easily summed up with two words: Professional Accountability. Why? Well it’s quite simple, reader, when someone says they are going to do something, especially states it publicly, then the speaker should be responsible (and certainly professional if they are part of/ are a business) enough to make good on their word(s), promise, etc… I held Blizzard accountable for their words. They wrote, “up to 72 hours” on their website, nobody else did. I held them accountable and got stuck with an, (so painfully obvious and clear that it is), automated response.

In some areas of the world, (fact), managers conduct business without the use of certain stipulations written in contract from; to include certain aspects of a mutual agreement between two parties. What they use, instead, is considered and is held regarded just as legal-binding, their spoken word(s) and/ or a handshake.

Laugh, mock and scoff if you will but, first, please educate yourself and do the research if you think otherwise. While I understand this practice is not very popular in the United States of America anymore, this simple fact yet remains: People need to take responsibility for their words and their actions; they need to be and should be accountable themselves and/ or held accountable for them. The last I checked, man has always placed emphasis on the value of “his word” in this country. Clearly, this is a pipe-dream I have about getting a professional level of help on the issue from Blizzard, in this day and age.

While it is likely this post could be met with many flaming, seething and bitter words from those that stand on behalf of Blizzard and/ or their R.M.A.H., I truly and wishfully pray not. I cannot feature why or how anyone, whether a victim or not, would want to back the words of a liar. My mind just cannot comprehend that; I was raised with some cold, hard facts of life and one surely was, “When you give someone your word, you back up your word(s) with action(s)."

So, while you the reader are entitled to your opinion, just as I am with mine, I do caution you to think before you speak on this or about this. While simple and trivial a subject it could seem, it is far from it. Take a moment and think of it like this: You, the reader, give someone access to your funds. They stated in written form that if you do not receive the product you paid for within 72 hours, you will be credited back your back. 72 hours pass and you get nothing tangible or remotely professional, let alone courteous, in the way of a thoughtful response.

It’s a clear-cut message as to how the company treats and regards it players and paying customers. It’s a very ugly and sad look at a business clearly showing no intention of being “pro-active” about putting out possible fires; instead they would rather wait until a situation blows up or becomes out of control. This shows a level of complacency and reeks of laziness and poor management/ leaders in the customer service department.

Without further ado, here is the response (automated or cut-pasted from a database of “what-ifs”) I received, without any corrections/ editing done. Enjoy the laugh on me!
*****************************************************************************************************************
This is the latest response from Customer Support:
Hey there!

I just received your ticket about the troubles you ran into with the auction house. I'm really sorry to hear that you ran into this issue. =/ I play a lot (probably too much!) in my spare time, so I know how irritating things like this can be when you stumble across them.

Transactions in the Diablo III Auction House may occasionally take some time to process before the gold or item is delivered to the appropriate party. Customer Support is not able to rush the delivery process, but rest assured that your items, gold, or money has not been lost. All transactions should be completed within 5 days in the order they were received for the gold auction house. For the Real Money Auction House, it may take up to 10 days for your proceeds from your sales to fully process, depending on your finacial institution. We appreciate your patience.

For additional information on the Diablo III Auction House, see the Auction House support article collection here: (http://www.battle.net/support/article/diablo-iii-auction-house-general-information)

If you have any further questions or concerns about this, please let us know and we'll be happy to investigate further!

Regards,

Game Master Marilsast
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support

What does the “Answered” status mean?
- A ticket in “Answered” status means that a Customer Support representative has provided an answer to your ticket.

What can I do next?
- You can click “Need More Help” in-game, after you view the in-game response.
- Or, you can choose the “I still have a problem” option on the ticket detail page. Please note that if you choose this option, your in-game ticket will be converted into a web ticket. It will no longer be viewable in game, but will be visible on the Blizzard Customer Support web site instead.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please log in to the Blizzard Customer Support web site at <http://www.battle.net/support/> and reply to the ticket.

Regards,

The Customer Support Team
Blizzard Entertainment
*****************************************************************************************************************

Let me show you, now, if you haven’t figured it out/ put it together yet, why I am questioning their so called “level of professionalism” and their word…

“For the Real Money Auction House, it may take up to 10 days for your proceeds from your sales to fully process, depending on your finacial institution. We appreciate your patience.” (sic)

Oh, so now it’s up to 10 days is it? Why is the website not updated then? If you provide a helpful tool for your customers to use, why not make sure it’s working and updated? Do you, the reader, now see the light and wisdom in this? Why would you leave your information material on a public webpage, outdated?! Do they not see the fires that are going to spring up? Perhaps they don't care (pray they do care...pray!) They have no right or stake to claiming that I am in the wrong here. No one does; fun fact. It’s all written right there, “10 days” as opposed to “up to 72 hours”. That’s a huge difference in time. So again, why not be proactive about putting out potential fires?

That is what really upsets me/ concerns me. Apparently the, (lack thereof), attention to detail and use of a simple spell-checker too, while you’re at it. If you’re going to be speaking on behalf of a company, do it in a concise and professional manner. I use a spell-checker before I submit any type of response on behalf of my place of employment. Why? One word summed up here: Professionalism. What does finacial mean? (I understand it is intended to be “financial”, that’s not the point).

All in all, Blizzard, you dropped the ball, yet again. You are not being very professional, cannot back up your words (even when you do have the facts, they come across as jumbled and lacking attention to detail) and make false claims. Do you care? Really?. . . . . Look past the revenue pouring in and take one moment to stop and think about this. Contrary to how this message looks, I do give a crap about the future and the INTEGRITY of Blizzard.

But I will not give up faith in the company, I’ll be one step better than they are and let them “appreciate my patience”. After all, it’s not like they’re going to keep my money should I not receive what I paid for; ugly lawsuit.

Here’s to better times and to the future of less lack-luster game development studios!

*It should be noted: I’m currently pursuing a degree in ‘video game development’. This has been a wonderful lesson, one I plan on making proper use of in an open classroom discussion with my peers about: The poor level of professionalism and attention to detail on behalf of one of the world's most popular game developing studios, terrible and practiced work ethics. I’m sure my fellow programmers will get a laugh out of this and be better prepared to not fall into the roles of being turd-polishers. I did. (still do)

Thanks for your time in reading all that, if you did. Truly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]