Diablo® III

Demonic Essence

So I have like 600 of these things now. Seems a bit silly. I don't think I could make enough gold to craft items at the rate I get essence, nor do I want to spend gold that way. Would be nice if there was something else we could do with them.
Reply Quote
after playing d3 off and on since release i was around 120k with a skorn with my TR monk build. Due to the recipes using demonic essence I'm now at 195k unbuffed. I think the new recipes are well worth using.
Reply Quote
Yea they're worth it for sure, i'm using crafted shoulders and bracers. I've tried maybe 20 gloves but it's pretty unlikely to craft better then what I have. I'm not saying the crafting was a bad addition, but if I were to use all these essence it would take all my gold forever, hardly ideal.

Just seems like since we get so many we could do something else with them if we don't want to craft anymore. Maybe pay 20 essence for Keys of terror/hate?
Reply Quote
If ya wanna offload em Spiral hit me up - I'm still trying to craft some bracers to replace my Lacuni's
Reply Quote
I wish I had 600 demonic essences..haha
Reply Quote
they are bind on account,he couldnt give them to you even though he prob would,hence why boa is so stupid
Reply Quote
doh, thumbs up zula - I forgot about that haha.
Reply Quote
So I have like 600 of these things now. Seems a bit silly. I don't think I could make enough gold to craft items at the rate I get essence

I tried to warn blizzard in the PTR feedback that demonic essences are not the bottleneck to crafting because you get essences much faster than you can get 75k+ gold per craft.

I get a demonic essence every 2-3 minutes but it takes a lot longer to get the gold. This isn't much of a big deal for flippers like myself, but I feel bad for the normal player that is forced to go broke using their essences or stop using them.
Reply Quote
So I have like 600 of these things now. Seems a bit silly. I don't think I could make enough gold to craft items at the rate I get essence, nor do I want to spend gold that way. Would be nice if there was something else we could do with them.

That's odd.

For me the rate of gold income is always more than essence(and other mats) drop. If you play the game properly, meaning to loot every gold, mats yourself, it should be enough for "self-fulfilling".

The only exception is the brimstone for amulets as legends droprate sucks.
Reply Quote
If they weren't BoA i'd have AH'd them already like I do with all my tomes and brimstones and crap. They'd probably be next to worthless though since supply way outstrips demand as far as I can tell.
Reply Quote
I'm a pretty meticulous looter. I still don't think I could keep up gold vs demonic essence. Full a3 run on mp6 is about 1 million gold in pickups and vendor, thats what, 10 sets of gloves? I get way more then 10 essence in a run. Not to mention I'd get less money if I was salvaging 100 yellows to get tears.
Reply Quote
I might have my pricing wrong, shoulders is 100k gloves is 75k? Idk, I think my point still stands though.
Reply Quote
I wish they dropped more not less. Cant believe some are complaining that a drop rate is to high. If you dont want them dont pick them up..
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 02:43 AMPosted by ragemode
after playing d3 off and on since release i was around 120k with a skorn with my TR monk build. Due to the recipes using demonic essence I'm now at 195k unbuffed. I think the new recipes are well worth using.

What language are you speaking? Seriously. I want you to go to work in the morning and speak to everyone there just like that. And film it. And put it on YouTube for all of Brazil to see.
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 03:18 AMPosted by Kyoushoku

What language are you speaking? Seriously. I want you to go to work in the morning and speak to everyone there just like that. And film it. And put it on YouTube for all of Brazil to see.

i have no idea why u would ask OP to talk about d3 at work in the morning..

Anyway, the demonic essence were designed to give us a gold sink to compensate for the botters. There are many people sitting with 10b+ gold. The more that drops, the more we can use to waste gold. If you used AH recently, you would notice that specific items cost a lot less now.
Reply Quote
good to know u have good enough bracers gloves shoulders and ammys on all 5 chars. OH WAIT

Edit: Looked at ur gear. Yea stop complaining and craft better !@#$ homie.

and i mean for your barb and WD. even your wiz can get lucky with a super GG roll. You are in control of what you want to do but roll some new ammys cuz ur tals ammy isnt very good and if u wanna buy a good one you could probably craft a trifecta one before that and for cheaper.
Edited by Doherty#1755 on 3/2/2013 5:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 05:24 AMPosted by Doherty
Looked at ur gear. Yea stop complaining and craft better !@#$ homie.

He would if he could afford the 50-60million gold cost to use his 600 demonic essences.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]